Enable!

Chiffy

Visit site
Fantastic! Could she possibly win another Arc?
We have a close friend who works for John Gosden, it’s an amazing place to work.

Honeylight

Visit site
She's a fabulous racemare but I imagine she will be a poor producer at the paddocks, and that is why I think they have allowed her run at five. She is bred 2X3 to Sadlers Well plus an additional line to Northern Dancer and an extra one to his sire Nearctic. She is also a big masculine type and historically they don't throw good racehorses. It will be difficult to breed foals that are not even more incredibly inbred than she is.

bonny

Visit site
She's a fabulous racemare but I imagine she will be a poor producer at the paddocks, and that is why I think they have allowed her run at five. She is bred 2X3 to Sadlers Well plus an additional line to Northern Dancer and an extra one to his sire Nearctic. She is also a big masculine type and historically they don't throw good racehorses. It will be difficult to breed foals that are not even more incredibly inbred than she is.
Not very judgemental are you !

Visit site
There are plenty of stallions out there and Juddmonte don't need to use their own - stud will throw their stallions at her to be the ones to say they have Enable on their books! Plus Juddmonte aren't affraid to send horses to America or elsewhere to cover their mares. They have the money, they have the power.

tristar

Visit site
well ridden frankie, after that wide start, and well done crystal ocean, it was like looking at glass of milk and seeing the cream come to the top

fankino04

Visit site
She's amazing and clearly hates to lose, such a do or die attitude, I love her! Slightly off topic but what are people's thoughts on trainers having several horses in a race when some of them clearly don't have a chance and are there either to set the race up to help their stablemate or to try to make the race run in a way that would make it more difficult for the favourite?

tristar

Visit site
if she was mine and in view of crystal oceans equality of performance i might put her to sea the stars, if fact he is very like her pysically in the flesh

Clodagh

Visit site
She's amazing and clearly hates to lose, such a do or die attitude, I love her! Slightly off topic but what are people's thoughts on trainers having several horses in a race when some of them clearly don't have a chance and are there either to set the race up to help their stablemate or to try to make the race run in a way that would make it more difficult for the favourite?

I call it cheating, although I know it is legal. Hunting Horn was only there to obstruct her. I don't normally watch the flat but I gather in the Irish Derby the pacemaker won - ha to that!

Chiffy

Visit site
Haha! Clodagh, I only watch the occasional flat race, just so I know the top horses. I was recording today but it started to rain here at 3pm so I had to stop gardening and therefore could watch live.
I was actually shouting at the tv, which doesn’t happen often. In a bound, I had three dogs on my lap!

blodwyn1

Visit site
She was amazing! I thought frankie had gone too soon but she didn't give up. I think it was a better race than grundy/bustino and that is saying something!

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Was it just me or did she look slightly off when she was trotting at the end?

I'd like to know what happens to all these horses Ballydoyle "sacrifice" as pacemakers at the end of their careers. I know Bullet Train who was used for Frankel went to stud but AOB seems to use them left right and centre I wonder what happens to them when they finish racing

Clodagh

Visit site
Haha! Clodagh, I only watch the occasional flat race, just so I know the top horses. I was recording today but it started to rain here at 3pm so I had to stop gardening and therefore could watch live.
I was actually shouting at the tv, which doesn’t happen often. In a bound, I had three dogs on my lap!

My dogs get quite traumatised by Cheltenham. I dragged OH in to watch it with me, so had to be restrained although I did ride the finish, but in a more subdued way than if no one is watching. I cried, too, but am prone to that when seeing equine courage.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
ccl ... glad you said that because i thought i was seeing things, i am so fixated on checking if animals are lame or not right, i was even checking pumbah in the lion king but he was sound!!!! great film BTW...

molar roller

Visit site
If someone turns on TV just after the finish, he might think that she is warming-up to the race. still head up, ears and eyes alive and looks so happy.
Just nostril is open wide :)

{97702}

Visit site
Was it just me or did she look slightly off when she was trotting at the end?

I'd like to know what happens to all these horses Ballydoyle "sacrifice" as pacemakers at the end of their careers. I know Bullet Train who was used for Frankel went to stud but AOB seems to use them left right and centre I wonder what happens to them when they finish racing

I would expect they go the way of a lot of ex-race horses at the end of their careers when they are no longer useful......

Visit site
I've just had the chance to watch the race and what a little fighter that mare is! She gave everything she had and then some to get her head back in front!

As to going to Sea The Stars - she can't she is too closely related. Her paternal grandsire is Galileo who is a damside half brother to Sea The Stars - both out of Urban Sea.

I don't mind pacemakers being used but when it looks as though they were deliberately trying to stop another horse when they had nothing to gain from it doesn't look good.

A lot of Coolmore colts get sold to South Africa, India, Singapore etc to stand at stud.

Visit site
How is she related to Frankel? That could inject more speed into the offspring and she would add stamina.

Frankel is by Galileo so he is Enable's uncle. The trouble is is European breeding is so saturated with Sadler's Wells and now his son Galileo it's hard to get away from. There are some American horses you could cross her with but you would probably end up with a Dirt horse.

blodwyn1

Visit site
Years ago the same happened with northern dancer bloodlines. Welsh cob breeders go very close in bloodlines what we call in breeding they call line breeding! I am glad if TB breeders try and avoid it.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Years ago the same happened with northern dancer bloodlines. Welsh cob breeders go very close in bloodlines what we call in breeding they call line breeding! I am glad if TB breeders try and avoid it.

Sadly TB breeders are inbreeding as all they want is a good price for the offspring who's parentage is important to the buyer. Huge prices are paid in the hope it is going to be a top class winner. Northern Dancer was the sire of Sadler's Wells, Danzig, Nijinsky to name 3 off the top of my head.