Encouraging Elementary Experience Enduring Extreme Elements...

JFTDWS

Visit site
Oh ok, it's not extreme elements like snow or thunder and lightning, but I got a bit carried away with the Es. And it's a more encouraging "E" than elimination, which thankfully isn't what this is about!

I've lost track, where was I? Oh ok, if we're all sitting comfortably I'll begin...

After last week's successful elementary debut, I wangled a late entry into another local venue to buzz round E44 for some more ring experience and a bit of a play. I instantly regretted this when I saw the forecast :eek3:

Anyway, I promised Fergus that he wouldn't shrink in the wash and off we went. It absolutely belted down while we were warming up to the point where I considered getting out Ferg's water wings for the test - he has got his 50m swimming badge but one can never be too careful ;)

True to form, Fergus rocked round the test pretty nicely (by my standards), and generally did a pretty good job under the circumstances. I was too busy concentrating on ensuring I managed to produce a wide range of facial expressions for your entertainment ;)

Getting used to this "halting on the first CL" business:
1601484_215811805294540_6809275772455554386_n.jpg

10364046_215811885294532_4593281404783024245_n.jpg

1012598_215812001961187_3818163753038462097_n.jpg

Facial expressions again:
10298667_215812015294519_490830373509569419_n.jpg

I'm not wearing two-tone breeches, honest! Seriously, when I took my tweed off it looked as though I had done a "vicar of dibley" manouevre in a puddle!
10255212_215812035294517_6671651637014455634_n.jpg

1012565_215812085294512_9023478871438032075_n.jpg

I don't think there are words for this expression :p
10390534_215812121961175_5188665321437899250_n.jpg

10381997_215812428627811_8095668697296681794_n.jpg

There's something really odd with the perspective here, but it's a nice enough "we survived" pic :)
10389433_215812535294467_7462241915050611767_n.jpg

Photos thanks to Team Dragon Dressage (aka SaffronWelshDragon) :)

It wasn't our best test, for various reasons, but I was pleased with it under the circumstances. Sheet says 66% and 3rd (of 4) but I reckon that's more than a bit over generous (think the judge must have been smoking something :p ). I'm not overly concerned by the % (which is obviously very pleasing, if perhaps not entirely deserved) as I'm more interested in getting some ring experience and ironing out some test issues before we head off our first BD elementary when his registration goes through.

Because then we'll be playing with the big boys :eek3: *gulp*

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I love your reports, you obviously have such a blast together. Fergus is totally awesome. You are both braver than me, my hipo and I both refused to go out in the rain today so a huge well done from us on both counts x

JFTDWS

Visit site
I love your reports, you obviously have such a blast together. Fergus is totally awesome. You are both braver than me, my hipo and I both refused to go out in the rain today so a huge well done from us on both counts x

Thank you :) Haha I don't mind the weather - I grew up in Glasgow, F in Inverness - we're used to a bit of rain! :D

Great report, lovely pics, and best of luck for your next elem. :)

Thank you very much :)

Love the two tone jods comment. Well done on braving the elements and a great report.

Hehe I had to peal them off - it was a bit grim :p Thanks!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Great pics and fab score, well done! He's such a star. Eww to wet breeches, that's the worst bit about riding in the rain :p at least yours go a darker colour and don't reveal your underwear ;)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Great pics and fab score, well done! He's such a star. Eww to wet breeches, that's the worst bit about riding in the rain :p at least yours go a darker colour and don't reveal your underwear ;)

Thanks! Hehe I choice the breeches specifically on the likelihood of revealing my underwear - seriously there was a lengthy discussion about them on fb with other owners of MT breeches about how well they protect one's dignity! :D

What a superstar!

Isn't he just! :D

Kokopelli

Visit site
Massive well done again :) you and fergs look awesome as always! Btw you have given me the kick up the arse to push Louie through his paces a bit more. When I get back from the states he's having a major butt kicking :)

I think the fact you ride in all weather's certainly helps, I was writing on Friday and you could definitely tell who was the fair weather riders :p

Mrs C

Visit site
Right enjoyed reading that report and the 2 tone pic is actually a fab photo - love it :)

Last edited:

nikkimariet

Visit site
Well done, that's a fab score and I'm sure it was thoroughly deserved :)

Not much more grim than having to peel off cold wet breeches!!!

We're the same with not being fair weather riders - don't have an indoor, and if we wanted to ride it was sunny and clear I think we'd ride only about 4 days of the year!!!!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well done, you both look fab. Impressive that you can keep him concentrating in that downpour.

Thanks! It had eased off when we went in, but in the warm up it was like the end of the world. He did have a bit of a look at the horses having a hooley in the field next to a warm up, but largely kept concentrating pretty well!

Massive well done again :) you and fergs look awesome as always! Btw you have given me the kick up the arse to push Louie through his paces a bit more. When I get back from the states he's having a major butt kicking :)

I think the fact you ride in all weather's certainly helps, I was writing on Friday and you could definitely tell who was the fair weather riders :p

Apologies for the kick up the arse... I'd have hoped I could encourage you to go out more without physical violence :p

Haha yep, rain, shine, mud or snow, pony still has to work!

Right enjoyed reading that report and the 2 tone pic is actually a fab photo - love it :)

Thanks! It would be a nice pic if it weren't for my oddly coloured breeches :D

Well done, that's a fab score and I'm sure it was thoroughly deserved :)

Not much more grim than having to peel off cold wet breeches!!!

We're the same with not being fair weather riders - don't have an indoor, and if we wanted to ride it was sunny and clear I think we'd ride only about 4 days of the year!!!!

Thanks - I'm less convinced ;)

Exactly! In this country, you take what the weather throws at you, dress accordingly and get on - we rarely get anything actually dangerous! I will give up schooling if it pours down as I'm on grass (unless am borrowing neighbour's school - a surface makes such a difference!), but we end up on the byway or hacking so still work! There's no escape!

I think he looks beautiful, well done! :)

Thank you :) I think he is beautiful too (biased) :p

JFTDWS

Visit site
For anyone interested:

[youtube]Sz7qYI_9bqY[/youtube]

Feeling big love for the awesome Fergus and well done both on braving the elements and on a hugely respectable score :)

Thank you! He is very loveable ;) I'm fairly sure he could it all by himself! Terribly proud of him, really :eek:

abercrombie&titch

Visit site
Love the video - very very well done to you both! I plan on making my elementary debut on my Highland at the end of the summer so watching you is a real inspiration!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Great report. How neat was the wet bit on your johdpurs, yack! I can't stop myself imagining, nor telling you (I did manage to resist in the last report) that I can't help think of you sitting on the bog in some of your expressions... I do apologise... No I don't.... You look brill the pair of you anyway :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Love the video - very very well done to you both! I plan on making my elementary debut on my Highland at the end of the summer so watching you is a real inspiration!

Inspiration :eek: lol but if we can do it anyone can - so go for it, and good luck! Am currently discussing F's medium debut as a possible "end of summer" type goal - scary stuff...

Great report. How neat was the wet bit on your johdpurs, yack! I can't stop myself imagining, nor telling you (I did manage to resist in the last report) that I can't help think of you sitting on the bog in some of your expressions... I do apologise... No I don't.... You look brill the pair of you anyway :)

I know right - totally straight line looking like a really odd choice of patterned jodhs for competing in!

Dude, look, whatever imagery gets you throuh the day ;) I've never filmed myself under those circumstances to compare faces but you might be right lol!

Branna

Visit site
Well done! I saw you in the warmup yesterday and thought I recognised you! I was on the angry looking dark bay who was not enjoying the weather

Gorgeous boy and looked like a lovely test

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well done! I saw you in the warmup yesterday and thought I recognised you! I was on the angry looking dark bay who was not enjoying the weather

Gorgeous boy and looked like a lovely test

Hello! I'm sorry, I think I crashed into you once or twice (I only see legs from midget-pony's back!). It really was a bit grim in the warm up, wasn't it! Thanks :) Say hi next time! I don't bite... Much ;)

Fergs is the Dudemeister, yeah. Well done.

Haha he is! Thank you :)

He looks great, I do like him!
Well done

Thanks - me too (I know - no **** sherlock :p ) :D

Just bought him some more matchy (last stuff I bought hasn't even arrived yet!) and a set of... MEDIUM tests :eek3: to have a play with maybe with a view to having a crack at one at the end of summer :eek3: (accepting that extensions and such aren't going to be flashy and his marks won't set the world alight, naturally)

rara007

Visit site
A big well done from Team Bradford (we're sat up waiting for our ponies to return so you got the full TV treatment :p ) Even fatherB who is big on natives said how good he looked especially for a Highland :p :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
A big well done from Team Bradford (we're sat up waiting for our ponies to return so you got the full TV treatment :p ) Even fatherB who is big on natives said how good he looked especially for a Highland :p :)

*snorts* you mean his test has been shown on widescreen tv? I can't imagine how big his butt looked on that! (Pot, kettle, me? Noooo)

Thanks - that's quite a compliment... for a highland :p

Well done on not letting the weather get to you! Fergs manages to look distinctly drier than you do! ;) Well done on you well deserved 66%

Haha thanks - he is an odd colour so he doesn't really show the wet - must be something to do with his highlandy camoflage!