Equestrian Influencers

Muddywellies

Visit site
I'm baffled by Erin Williams. She's a pretty decent rider with a nice little clothing business, yet keeps putting semi naked pics of herself all over social media attracting very suggestive comments from questionable people. Put the t1ts and bum away and let's see you riding your horses nicely. Of course it is a free country and it's her own body (I'm not a total prude) but there are other more suitable ways to showcase your 'goods'. Nah, not for me I'm afraid. Love Pontus Hugosson though. Did used to love Wocket Woy on FB who always gave me a chuckle, but sadly they stopped.

planete

Visit site
I am watching Isidro Espinoza and Warwick Schiller plus Ride like a Viking at the moment to try and improve my reading and handling of my slightly feral pony. I am afraid what Tara is doing with her filly has put me right off her and the sycophantic comments are puke inducing.

IrishMilo

Visit site
I'm baffled by Erin Williams. She's a pretty decent rider with a nice little clothing business, yet keeps putting semi naked pics of herself all over social media attracting very suggestive comments from questionable people. Put the t1ts and bum away and let's see you riding your horses nicely.

Why can't she do both? What a repressive comment.

TPO

Visit site
Why can't she do both? What a repressive comment.

I can't speak for MW and I have no knowledge of this particular "influencer" but if I follow a horse person it's because I want to see horse stuff, not half naked people, on my feed.

People can wear, or not wear, whatever they like but those aren't going to be pictures that I want to see from them.

I'm not attempting to repress anyone, they can do as they please, I just won't be following. Same goes for religious BS that another has started with (along with posing in underwear). If I follow a horse person it's for horse stuff, if they vere off that path (& well the majority on that path are pretty painful to me and are swiftly unfollowed) then it's not what was on the tin and I'm not interested. To each their own

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I can't speak for MW and I have no knowledge of this particular "influencer" but if I follow a horse person it's because I want to see horse stuff, not half naked people, on my feed.

People can wear, or not wear, whatever they like but those aren't going to be pictures that I want to see from them.

I'm not attempting to repress anyone, they can do as they please, I just won't be following. Same goes for religious BS that another has started with (along with posing in underwear). If I follow a horse person it's for horse stuff, if they vere off that path (& well the majority on that path are pretty painful to me and are swiftly unfollowed) then it's not what was on the tin and I'm not interested. To each their own
Absolutely and it’s their prerogative to choose mass market for their aims rather than niche and carry on with horses. After all, let’s be honest sex sells.

Reactions: TPO

meleeka

Visit site
I wouldn’t choose it as a way of making money (even if I had any talent, or even something interesting to say, which sadly I don’t ?). The comment above about being blocked for making a comment is why. Why would anyone feel the need to tell someone where they feel they are going wrong?! If I see something and I don’t like it, I just scroll on by. I don’t expect someone who’s making a fortune out of ‘likes’ to actually take notice of what some stranger on the internet says, so what would be the point? Why does everyone feel the need to voice an opinion about everything these days?

I only follow a few riders. They aren’t any of the names mentioned here, but people who I enjoy reading about their training, successes and failures.

IrishMilo

Visit site

I think that's fine and like you say to each their own - that was kind of the crux of my post. I think a few comments on this thread from various posters are quite nasty and doesn't paint the equestrian community in a very good light. Lots of these people on social media are still very young and regardless of whether people like their content or not, personally I would hate to think I've contributed in any way to making someone feel like crap...

[153312]

Visit site
I think that's fine and like you say to each their own - that was kind of the crux of my post. I think a few comments on this thread from various posters are quite nasty and doesn't paint the equestrian community in a very good light. Lots of these people on social media are still very young and regardless of whether people like their content or not, personally I would hate to think I've contributed in any way to making someone feel like crap...
agreed - social media is what is you make it, pretty much, with how the algorithm works. If you follow something, or even view it regularly, you'll be shown more of it. So if someone doesn't like something the best thing to do is just find something else to follow, that they DO like. And let others use and do as they please - so long as it is harming no one/nothing else, it's all immaterial really.

HackWithMe

Visit site
Molly and Ella showjumping, riding with rhi, riding with Charlotte, megan event ponies, life on left rein, footluce eventing. I’m not a fan of Erin Williams just shows herself off rather than her horses not a fan of that matte either..

My_old_warmblood

Visit site
Not a fan of kizzy and etties ponies as it makes me so nervous watching those little girls fly all over the place. They seem to have a great time though. I find Erin Williams a bit much as she thinks she’s the be all and end all. She’s talented, but not humble. This Esme can’t really ride, over hyped, I feel sick every time she hangs onto her horses mouth over a jump. I’m a rubbish rider but at least I give with my hands or slip my reins.
I like your riding success. Watching her videos helped me a lot as a young rider and she seems to really ride her horse well and compassionately from what I’ve seen. There’s a few others I can’t remember now. Reighlighlink whatever her name is is toxic. Her sentiment is probably from the heart and she is no doubt passionate about her chap but her bullying is a bit much.

Visit site
Does anyone know what happened to the crazy maisie account/horse? I saw a blue roan tobiano cob mare that looked similar today (though not the same pony) and fell to wondering about her. But I can't find the account.

ETA - never mind, found it. Oh dear is all I will say.

Last edited: