Equilibrium Massage pad & mitt - worth investing or nice to have ?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
i vote nice to have.
I've had both and sold both. Some of mine went a bit sleepy with the pad on but tbh I am not sure there was any real benefit. I cba to use the mitt.

Reactions: TPO

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've a mitt and I don't think it's very exciting, friend found the pad useful on her cold backed horse before work.

Jayzee

Visit site
I have the pad and I think helps my mare a little before the saddle goes on. However I don't think its a necessity. Definitely try one before you buy as my other mare really didn't like the buzzing sensation.

rextherobber

Visit site
I have both, on the recommendation of my horses Physio, I think it definitely helps my girl, and also very useful to put on while tidying manes and tails. Agree with Milliepops about using the mitt on the horse, however, it's very useful for me, with sciatica! I bought both secondhand, but would recommend - I use them a lot.

TPO

Visit site
Had both and sold both several times.

Currently still have the navy version of the pad. I dont use it regularly enough to say if it does or doesnt make a difference so definitely just a "nice to have" for me.

gryff

Visit site
I've got an older model, bit tatty, but working very well model, for sale. You could have it for £60 plus postage if you wanted to try one out for less money ?.
I really like them, but for a nice, relaxing thing, not for any therapeutic effect.

L&M

Visit site
I recently bought the mitt - still yet to use it on a horse but worked fab on my own back!!!!!

Unless recommended for specific reasons I would say a 'nice to have' rather a 'must'...….

Reactions: TPO

asmp

Visit site
Have both (think we won the mitt). Have used the pad several times but don’t think have ever used the mitt!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
We have the pad & this really helps the horse, sometimes we put it on before exercise and sometimes we put it on their backs after exercise. All three of them love it. We had the opportunity to buy the massage mitt cheaply so we did. We only tried it once & none of the horses took to it, they didn't like it at all so it sits in the tack room now gathering dust, or maybe we sold it on ebay, can't remember, Back pad's are good, mitts horrendous.

CourtJester

Visit site
I bought the massager a year ago and use it all the time. My boy loves it, it sends him to sleep. I try and use it before and after riding it makes a big difference to how quickly he warms up especially in cold weather. Definitely one of my best ever buys.

Barlow

Visit site
I bought the pad and mitt. My horse absolutely hated the pad so ended up selling it. Sold the mitt later on too after I just never used it regularly enough.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve both and I use the pad but not as much as I’d like to as often short of time. I don’t think I’ve ever used the mitt but maybe I should use it on myself!

Ouch05

Visit site
Love the pad pop on after I have ridden more so in winter when time is tight.

i have raynards and struggle with warming up and cooling down in winter so this helps to cut down both