Equilibrium Massage Pads... Worth the money?

casspow

Visit site
Has anyone had good/bad experiences with these?
Are they easy to use or just a pain?

Looking into them for use of before exercise to warm up back muscles - to reduce stiffness? TIA :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yes I think they are worth it :) I use it for exactly that reason. I dare say something like equissage is loads better but it's also more £££££! Our horses go to sleep with it on, and I think there's a difference after using it.

It's very easy to use - charge up the battery, fit the straps, select a programme and off you go :) My local tack shop hires them out for a week, so I did that first to check the horses wouldn't object to it.

BeepaStar

Visit site
Yes, worth every penny. Mine has just broken after many years of use and the difference in how my horse feels when I ride him out warming his back up is significantly different. He feels much stiffer when I first get on without using the massage pad. My horse is 15 this year and it definately helps him alongside using cosequin!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Mine loved his so much that when OH's horse got loose in the grooming parlour and trashed it I bought an Equissage as I thought that would be better. Not so for us, I sold it again and bought a new Equilibrium!

eggs

Visit site
With my horses the Equissage does make a definite difference. I haven't noticed much of a difference with the Equilibrium pad but one of mine lays down when he has it on so he obviously finds it relaxing.

casspow

Visit site
Yes I think they are worth it :) I use it for exactly that reason. I dare say something like equissage is loads better but it's also more £££££! Our horses go to sleep with it on, and I think there's a difference after using it.

It's very easy to use - charge up the battery, fit the straps, select a programme and off you go :) My local tack shop hires them out for a week, so I did that first to check the horses wouldn't object to it.

Ah this is a good idea! I'm going to camp next weekend and the tack shop they hire has a "test go" for a tenner! Might try that and see if it makes a difference in my lesson!

Thanks for all the feedback! Think I might have to bite the bullet... Why is it we spend so much on our horses but not ourselves? No way I'd ever consider buying myself a back massager for over £200.. LOL :D

Welshy

Visit site
Absolutely love mine. I use it everyday on my my mare with back and hind leg problems and I am convinced I can feel a difference. She clearly enjoys it too - it's worth it just to see her dreamy eyes and droopy bottom lip tbh!!