Equimins vitamin e

Visit site
Just a heads up for anyone who feeds this,
Apparently equimins have changed the formulation of their liquid vitamin e to synthetic
As opposed to natural
(All mention of the word 'natural' has been removed from the page on their website).

vam

Visit site
Thank you! i was literary about to order some! Gutted really as the delivery has always been really good. I've got to order something from Pro Earth so i think i will get some powder from them for now

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
apparently (excellent source) they were told it was natural when they first started buying it then they were sent an analysis sheet that said it was synthetic and they immediately changed their labelling. Be interesting to know what the time line on that was.

I check the CofA for everything that comes into the building and I'm not selling any of it.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Very, very poor form of them. Luckily when I decided to use Vit E, after discussing it with a member, I opted for using the powder from Progressive Earth purely because the oil seemed like such a faff..!!!! I had planned to start using the Equimins Advanced pellet thingys though instead of the Spillers Balancer...I certainly won't be doing that now..!!!! ?

Littlewills

Visit site
I came here to do a post on this but see its already been done :) Earlier this morning I happened to see a comment on a PSSM group stating that Equimins oil was synthetic. This was news to me! I emailed the owner.

He confirmed it has always been synthetic and that there was an error on their behalf. Once they noticed that the oil was synthetic and not natural they changed the labelling on the bottles. This was April 2019. He is unsure when the website was changed. Cached versions show in September 2019 the website was still advertising the oil as natural. I know as far back as 2015 the oil was being sold as natural. I suspect it goes much further back than that.

The owner maintains the company has been completely honest with this matter:

we have been totally honest about this, if we hadnt told customers we could easily still be selling this as natural

I have all of this in an email chain between David Willey and myself.

I am stunned and disgusted with their response. They are refunding me for all oil that I have purchased.

From a PSSM point of view I'm not sure just refunding actually is good enough. The repercussions for significantly under-dosing a PSSM horse can be very serious. Mine has shown some exercise intolerance once I dropped her down to 5000ius which I couldnt understand, clearly I now know why. I'll be pulling bloods next week to check her vitamin e levels.

I would strongly advise that no one uses Equimins again. I feed other products and have recommended them repeatedly but wont use them or recommend them going forwards.

Littlewills

Visit site
146341443_10158230603453667_8483687689814271019_o.jpg

TPO

Visit site
Replied on your FB but I had the same dismissive and rude replies when advance complete made 2 of my horses (out of 3, the third was on exactly the same feed and grazing but got Pro Balance supp) really ill.

It was their second tub and it was a different shade of supp but in date etc I put it down to natural product varying in colour etc. It made the two of them really ill and the 2yr old was all burnt the diarrhoea was so bad. As soon as I stopped the supp in their feed their droppings returned to normal.

I contacted David and he was very dismissive. I sent him two samples as he claimed not to have received the first one. Didnt get any replies after sending the second (both at my expense) and I gave up after that. He clearly didnt care about what could have been in his supp to cause the damage.

I fid wonder with all the HHO talk of this company how long it would take for someone to have an issue and have the same experience as I did...

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I've just paid £55 for 500ml, which is an outrageous price for synthetic!

AND I'm under dosing a horse I think has an issue, so I'm hopping mad about this.

I've spent £200 in 3 months with them, they're never going to get an order for anything else from me again.

Thanks for the warning Chinchilla

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It has been synthetic all along. He confirmed today. It took them at least 4 years to realise this and over 18 months to update the website once they did realise!

Synthetic vitamin E, "barefoot" balancer full of iron, what else are they selling that isn't what they say it is?

PapaverFollis

Visit site
The price increase happened after they "found out" it was synthetic then, because that was quite recent....

Really shocking.

We won't be buying from equimins again.