Equine charities - who to donate to?

Mari

Visit site
I read PFK's recent appeal, which was for drugs to put horses to sleep humanely. I was going to make a donation, but that put me off. Can anyone explain why they can't use a captive bolt gun, which would cost nothing after initial purchase?

For the moment, it would be RDA for me. Life transforming for people who need it more than anyone else.

They’re not allowed to shoot the horses to euthanise them. I don’t know if it’s a religious or legal law.

Abi90

Visit site
Either PFK.

or Horseback UK which runs courses for injured veterans and those suffering with mental health issues such as PTSD as they get so much from their interaction with the horses.

respectedpony driver

Visit site
Another vote for PFK.I dont know how they do what they do everyday,but thank goodness they are there for those poor animals.I would like to say it is wonderful seeing so many PFK supporters on here.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I have an idea of something I'd like to do to raise some money for charity, however I'm unsure which charities to go with.

Can anyone suggest any charities that are really worthwhile causes that might really benefit from some donations (£££)?
Top of my list is S.P.A.N.A, https://spana.org/ BEEN SUPPORTING THEM SINCE THE 80'S. I do however have others I support,GHADT and PFK