Er... weekend plans...?

Northern

Visit site
All our states have closed their borders to non-essential travel for the foreseeable future. So I guess it means I'm hacking and schooling (rarely see anyone anyway!).

Also work is going crazy and I'm on night shift (pathology lab), we're the only local lab doing in house testing for CV at the moment. Bit crazy how quickly the world has changed :/
Also means I can't go down and look at the mare I have been offered, probably for at least 6 months. :(

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Yes, I have zero coding skills, but what I know, I know of Python. Not sure how long this nonsense has to go on before I can deliver on my outcomes in the previous post though!

Have you tried using R? It's much easier to use if you are not a natural coder, and most of the code/packages have all been written so can just adapt to your use.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Yay <3! I'm weirdly excited to see the outcomes so don't leave it too long. Day 4 of wfh and I'm starting to lose it ?.

I think you're over-estimating my skill with code, and therefore the interestingness of the outcomes.

However here's an amusing bit of very basic code I used this morning to make an important life decision (stay in a job with no money indefinitely, or leave with a small amount of money ? )

2020-03-19 (1).png

JFTDWS

Visit site
Have you tried using R? It's much easier to use if you are not a natural coder, and most of the code/packages have all been written so can just adapt to your use.

No I haven't. I'm just playing, there's no real "use" I have planned. I'll probably try some others when I've run through the free online course I'm doing in Python. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll keep it in mind when I get through this one!

shortstuff99

Visit site
No I haven't. I'm just playing, there's no real "use" I have planned. I'll probably try some others when I've run through the free online course I'm doing in Python. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll keep it in mind when I get through this one!

It's a really useful one to have, if you download R studio then it's like running a normal programme so not as scary looking as python etc.

conniegirl

Visit site
I'm going to hack cob, then I'm going to give him an epic tidy up and then I'm going to try turning him out on grass again.
At home I am going to knuckle down and actually crak on with the spring clean, tidy and sort out.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I think you're over-estimating my skill with code, and therefore the interestingness of the outcomes.

However here's an amusing bit of very basic code I used this morning to make an important life decision (stay in a job with no money indefinitely, or leave with a small amount of money ? )

View attachment 42525
Hey, if it works then it works! You're using snake case correctly so 10/10 ;).
I'm not a fan of R <understatement of the century> and would advise sticking with Python unless you need to do complicated statistical analyses. If/when you want to start writing code independently (that UI looks suspiciously like Code Academy) look up Jupyter Lab, it runs in the browser and is a really nice notebook-based interface.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm not a fan of R <understatement of the century> and would advise sticking with Python unless you need to do complicated statistical analyses. If/when you want to start writing code independently (that UI looks suspiciously like Code Academy) look up Jupyter Lab, it runs in the browser and is a really nice notebook-based interface.

It's more the "using random number generators to make significant life choices" bit which is comical - or hysterical depending on your perspective.

Yea it's codecademy, I figured I needed to start somewhere. It oscillates between blindingly bloody obvious and rather glitchy, but hey ho. I've used it in its native form a bit too, but I was too lazy to open it on my laptop and pull up the code to screenshot it. If I stagger to the end of this course, I'll look up Jupyter Lab, thanks. I may just stick my head in the oven instead, of course. Not that it'll do much good, unless I want to broil myself to death, being as it is, electric!

McFluff

Visit site
I’ve gone from too much to do to a lesson. Assuming his overreach injury has healed. Hope so as then I get to use my lovely new saddle.

All light relief from the surreal work life.
Had an emotional day as we closed all our venues tonight, indefinitely... scary times, stay safe people.
For those of you facing no pay, speak to your current employer about temp working for one of the companies that’s struggling and needing more resource, with the aim of returning once we’re on the other side of this. Everyone is having to think differently so usual rules are out the window. We’re trying to find work for a few hundred people for a few weeks in the hope of getting to the other side still viable.

shortstuff99

Visit site

Nooooo! I love R! You can do pretty much anything in it ?

thommackintosh

Visit site
OH and I were meant to be off to Bulgaria for a long weekend, but now that's out of the picture. Oh well :( Plus side I've kept the a/l from work, (mainly for my sanity, as working in HR just now is pretty hard going). So I'm off until Thursday next week with plenty of hacks, schooling, jumping and odd-jobs planned.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
well, we aren't in full lock down yet. Still business as normal (LOL) for now, but all comps etc. cancelled.

Instead we are just going to be doing the same as everyone else, hacking and schooling at home. Thankfully we can still have lessons etc. Trying to carve out normal in a very not normal world really!

Stay safe everyone, look after yourselves.

racebuddy

Visit site
chilled out weekend clipping tommorrow , need to try and keep as normal routine as possible as best we can , still working normal for now fingers crossed continues , cant decide wheather to do arean hires the next few weeks if able to just to keep fitness ect up , but hard given the current situation as main proorty is we have a roof over our heads, food and money for bills and livery but at same time if are able to should we take the oppertunity to still get out while we can ?

thoughts appreciated

AandK

Visit site
I am back on my 7yo now, had our first ride on Monday and went out again Weds and this morning. He has been an angel after 8 months since last ridden (he wasn't when I first got him this time last year, nearly sent me into orbit when I got on him for the first time at home after only 3 weeks off!) and was foot perfect to get on this morning, so pleased! We're moving up to 25min walking on Monday so I will give him a good clean tomorrow - Saturday is the only day I get time to get rid of all the mud - and do our usual walk up the road and back, it's great to be back on board!

PHOTO-2020-03-16-09-31-03.jpg

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
Lesson tomorrow at 9 so early start for me. Need to keep focused.
I had so much planned for competing this season etc but hey ho like us all I shall continue to try my best to improve my horse ready for next years season, horse is getting older sadly but we are all in the same boat.
Grrr damn this virus - no social life either - until the summer when we can sit out in gardens.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
As everyday I’ll be working! ?
Also plan to clip one out as he’s super hairy, just coming back into work ? I hope and brushing mega moulting horses makes my chest bad which I could do with avoiding right now.
I may try and do some of the little jobs I’ve been putting off due to bad weather.