Eurgh some people - sorry rant!!

barkinghorse

Visit site
" Communication is the universal solver"
Speak to her about it, tell her how you feel and clear the air. If she gets ratty about it, at least you have aired your feelings and have a clear concience about being up front.
Having said that, I don't transport peoples horses for free, it's my living and i pay massive insurance premiums. Nobody on my yard will ask because i'm "mean and will make you pay" so they hang around the other people with transport and on show days grimace if they don't get offered a lift.
If that makes me weird, so be it, I work hard to keep my horses and don't give hand outs to anyone. But at least everyone knows where they stand.
Jo

Skhosu

Visit site
sorry.. but it's this lady's business if she wants to let you tag along.
I would never offer anyone who isn't a very good friend a lift. Had my box trashed by 'good travellers' and always end up having to muck out even after said good friends.
I don't see what the problem is? You put her in contact with the instructor, I fail to see how that obligates her to give you a lift?
And asking for a lift to the vets...TBH I wouldn't either!
I don't think it was mean/thoughtless either. Perhaps consider getting your own transport?