eventer producing sires?

amandaco2

Visit site
im not to up to date with eventing sires as im more interested in dressage
smile.gif

my friend has a TB mare she would like to breed.

the mare is TB, slightly light of bone.

her conformation issues are her flat feet (which i have said are inheritable) prone to bruising, otherwise she has nice conformation.

she is 6, 15.3hh and evented at novice level before going lame(vet fond bone cycst in the stifle and she had time off due to bruising every now and again) she moves nicely and has a very nice temperment.

the ideal foal would be slightly chunkier and bigger with improved feet aimed at intermediate plus eventing.

anyone know of any good producing sires that sound as if they would compliment her?will try to get a side on pic of her.

smile.gif

airedale

Visit site
Brendon Hill Event stallions
Welton stallions

and what is the prognosis in regard to the bone cyst as carrying a foal pulls onto the system of the mare and foaling is hard work for the mare

also have a vet assess the vulva to make sure that she isn't going to be prone to a breeding problem as more than a few TB mares have problems in that regard

amandaco2

Visit site
will pass this on
smile.gif

the vet has passed her as hack/breeding but hasnt done full breeding soundness work up on her. i will recomend she does so before she sends her mare away to stud
smile.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Have a look at One More Tiger (www.haggswoodstud.co.uk) he is throwing nice sorts with good bone and feet even from light mares. Bea is in foal to him - everything crossed and he's now living here with us and is the perfect gent.
There's also the coloured, Bazaars Texas who throws well built stock, getting some decent jumpers through now (grandsire is Dallas!) They're on 01785 822221. Neither of them are that far from you either.

S_N

Visit site
Don't dismiss One More Tiger from his picture on their website - it does him absolutely no justice at all!! When Mel pulled him out for me and my Mum to look at, I could hardly believe it was the same horse!!!!

Also Catherston Liberator is throwing some lovely youngstgers and he'll certainly ad some bone! He evented to Advanced and also Dressaged to Advanved Medium I think. I never got on terribly well with him, but his youngsters have very good brains and move well with good feet and bone!

Bossanova

Visit site
Weston Justice for pure class, McGuigan for toughness and strength, any Opposition stallion to add a bit of movement and a better jump technique.

Then there's Accondy (deceased but there is semen available) Jumbo, a couple of nice Jumbo sons and some of the welton stuff. I like Primitive Star too.

Alternatively, a nice selle francais or modern warmblood type.

With a pure TB mare you've got so many options!!

Irishcobs

Visit site
Some of the Weltons are good, there is one I would avoid.
Brendon Hill stallions, specially the Ben Faerie lines.
And most of the Jumbo sons are nice too
We have a couple of Liberator babies, they are really nice.

Panther

Visit site
Goulton ...up Yorkshire used to breed a very good sort.. Trek x TB.. we have a Goulton Horse.. superb... and several been to Badminton! Think her name is Sharon? can't remember but if would like her details again if anyone has..

ihatework

Visit site
Double cracker certainly is a lovely looking horse, I still prefer Ambassador though!

Out of interest does anyone know why double cracker has changed rider 4 times in 3 seasons?
I also assume his lack of runs and most runs being in spring/autumn would be down to his breeding comittments?

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
The Barrs used to use Matthew Wright for everything, but seem to have pulled all their horses out from under him. Whether this was his decision or theirs I don't know.
Also don't know why so many people in such quick succession, but the fact that WFP only had the one ride sugests that he might just have been stepping in?
All I know is that when I spoke to Linda a couple of weeks ago she was saying how hard it is to match the horses to suitable riders in order to make sure that the Welton's are getting the right sort of coverage.
ETS: Pippa Funnell had the ride while DC stood at Home Farm Stud, Hartpury rather than at Limbury. DC no longer stands there and Pippa now has the ride on Hartpury's Take It ToThe Limit instead....

airedale

Visit site
If you want to add bone and substance look at Treliver Decanter.

I've got a cracking 2 yr old by him that will event as well as show hunter and dressage out of a welshxAA mare

and he's got plenty of bone and is already 15.3 at 2 from a 14.1 mare

He's standing at Quainton this year - so you could go and look at all the Quainton stallions and their 'visiting' ones at the same time - they've got some cracking horses there

airedale

Visit site
Fanta - but he's for sale as he's not pally and he's not a filly - so then I can send his mum back to Derek and try again

He moves for fun and my vet seriously rates him and he's an absolute darling to handle - got both mum and dads temp

we know he can jump - he jumps leccy tape on white plastic posts for fun in the winter so I've given up with trying to divide fields with it ;-))

and from a 14.1 mum Derek is certainly adding size and quality - mind you mum is no dope either - she's SH pony and also does XC and SJ and is a graded sports mare.

If Fanta was pally and a boy he'd be staying or if he wasn't pally and a girl he'd stay but I already have trouble getting a rider for his mum - even despite someone on here passing word around in show ring site for me - let alone going thru the process of trying to find rider for a 4 yr old in 2 years time - plus I need his stable for a different mare that's in foal to Aimbrey Chester and due next year

Panther

Visit site
God how stupid am i? lol!!!!!

Yes he has masses of bone and movement.. my children went in stable with him, so loving, he has been well produced.. sweetie! He has thrown eventing type stock.. Hat trick was lovely.. lady on this site brought him..

Never seen him jump? Definate DR unproven BE.. but has lovely quality!!

airedale

Visit site
oh - he's so cuddly - I always say to Gill give him a hug from me and she replies that he's now too tall for her to get her arms round his neck !!

meant as a compliment - he reminds me so much of my little palomino welsh A - you want to put your arms round her as well and she's so cute and loving - and derek to me is just a big male version of her - and he does just make me want to give him a hug - but as Im not very tall I won't reach either

eventing_kid

Visit site
Hi there

A lot of people dissgard horses in todays breeding would due to the price of covering fees. i dont know what your money state is but if your friend is wanting a true super star then i can strongly recomend horses that have passed on but have semen frozen such as Primative Rising, Mayhill, Fleetwater Opposision. Primores hill is also a fantastic stallion. hope this helps pm me if you want any more help.