ex BE course in Wales is it still there?

joy

Visit site
There used to be a family run BE course in Wales, I think it was in some forestry on the mid Wales borders.
It was BE until it became too expensive to run but I believe it was reopened as an unaffiliated venue.
This was about 7/8 years ago and I cannot remember the name.
Please help.

Diane_Pepper

www.facebook.com
Pembrey? Although it's not really in forestry..they still use it for unaff stuff if that's where you mean
smile.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
Do you meanm the place that was in the middle of a triangle Oswestry/Shrewsbury/Welshpool (I think), used to run a two day event up to OI level, started with Ll (I know I know
grin.gif
) I remember that one, really cool water crossings. If so, it'll come to me
crazy.gif

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not Llanover? I went there grooming when I was a kid, so can't remember exactly where it was I'm afraid!!

ELF

Visit site
Erwlon? I think thats how you spell it. No idea where it was as it was before my driving days but It was a family run course that was possibly BHTA. I lived Brecon area and possibly would have travelled a couple of hours.....

lizzieb

Visit site
Is it Llanfechain? I know they used to do BE there and it's been finished for a while but sorry I have no idea that they opened it unaff or whether it's still open.

TableDancer

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Is it Llanfechain? I know they used to do BE there and it's been finished for a while but sorry I have no idea that they opened it unaff or whether it's still open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done, it was Llanfechain that I was thinking of anyway - lovely place
smile.gif
Llanover is near Abergavennny in a park, so doesn't really fit the description. There is a stunning new venue at Glanusk near Crickhowell which ran PC this year and is planning to run BE next year - poss even up to 1*
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

lizzieb

Visit site
I never competed there as it stopped before I started BE but a friend's mum did. I might have to pay a visit to Glanusk next year if the do BE then even though it is a fair trek from us!