EXCITED!!! Pony going to Parelli guy next week!

teddyt

Visit site
What a lovely pretty pony and well done OP for trying to do right by him. Your heart is in the right place. However please do your homework thoroughly into whatever trainer you use to help you. It may be more constructive and less stressful for the pony and to avoid unsettling the pony even more if you get someone to come to you, rather than move the pony again.

Personally i wouldnt choose a parelli instructor. It is highly marketed and more about making money than helping horses. Some of their practices are also very dubious. Our local parelli instructor may have spent thousands of ££££ 'training' and flying to america several times to be able to call herself a parelli instructor but she would have been better off spending the money on real horsemanship lessons. Her basic care and stable management of her own horses is severely lacking and she turns a blind eye to alot of horrific things that occur at her yard. very odd. I also have seen several videos of the parellis working with horses and all they do is punish and confuse them.

Good luck with your lovely pony

Indy

Visit site
"My horses are treated better than any for miles, I'm with them all day every day and I understand them a lot better than I do some of the knobs on here who are too transparent for words"

Don't know whereabouts in West Yorkshire you are, but I'm in South Yorkshire - not a million miles away. I'm not a Parelli advocate but if you want to come over and check out how well this 'knob' knows her horses you are more than welcome!

Tinypony

Visit site
Nothing wrong at all with starting this post. I think it would be a sad day when people started to avoid posting on certain topics because of the way others would react.
You must be so relieved to hear that your husband is safe, what brilliant news. Best wishes to you and your family.

pip6

Visit site
Good luck with whatever you decide to do, he is a lovely pony, hope you have lots of fun with him in the future. Very good news that your husband is safe, fingers crossed he gets home to you soon.

The_snoopster

Visit site
I also do not think the OP was wrong to start this thread, what does it matter if you are for or against parelli. Just because this topic as been discussed lots of times, lets face it I dont think there can be many "horse related" topics that have not been done. If we all decided to research every question on here we would have nothing to discuss ever again on HHO.

OP good luck with your pony and hope you husband returns home safely and quickly.

jokadoka

Visit site
Having trawled through all the replies and comments, it sounds like you know what you're doing anyway - perhaps with a little extra help every now and again - and i think you've made the right decision in finding your jockey and continuing as you are.
As far as Parelli goes, on all the posts and threads on this forum about his "methods", I haven't managed to track down an answer yet to the question that always seems to pop back up.
What is the reasoning behind hitting a horse on the head/face with a rope, clipend or otherwise???? What is it supposed to be learning from this?
Can someone enlighten me or point me in the right direction please?

good luck with your pony, he's fallen on his feet landing on your doorstep I'm sure.
Keep us posted about his progress!

moodymare123

Visit site
You guys are like teenagers :')
Always need to prove your point.
Its her choice deal with it , she didnt ask you to tell her your opinion on parelli did she?!?!?!
Unbelievable...

Queenbee

Visit site
actually she did ask our opinions, first she said that she was excited, then she said oo-er can you elaborate please because I had no idea about parelli and there seem to be strong opinions... so people elaborated. In addition the forum is all about freedom of speech and opinion (excepting Franch Rescue, dealers etc..) ;)

DragonSlayer

Visit site
So the kids pony that I probably shouldn't have bought, but couldn't have left him where he was with open welts and serious issues, is provisionally booked in to got to stay a few weeks with the Parelli guy.

I've pretty much left him be and just worked on gaining his trust which we have done (the 'uncatchable' pony now comes to the gate when he sees me), but I know my limits, so off he goes next week, with the girls and I going up to work with them both as much as possible.

Pointless post just sharing my excitement :D:D

Here's the gorgeous man himself

Josiestartschoolyear1andsid018.jpg

I do hope everything goes ok for you. Personally, I'm not a huge fan, BUT some people have said it works, so I hope it works for you....keep us updated!

:D

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
Did fel sorry for the horseman who has lost her custom,have only heard good about him.

Don't be! The Parelli 'badging' undoubtedly gets him a lot of business or he wouldn't use it! So it's going to lose him a few too! If he's GOOD, he's probably strayed a long way from Parelli and should maybe promote himself on his own merits!

mulledwhine

Visit site
Dont want to get into the rights and wrongs of pp, my thoughts are known.

Your pony looks just like a grey version of our new black boy, good, luck, and remeber slowly slowly catch monkey :)

You will get there, it sounds like you are on your way