Expecting an exciting delivery...

Ambers Echo

Visit site
It's been mentioned on a couple of threads already but I have bought a new horse! Bay, 8 year old ISH mare. 16.1 Unseen from Ireland which is a bit scary but the dealer comes highly recommended according to a few HHOers and my RI loves the way she looks/moves. And she is sound. So fingers crossed it will all work out but if she doesn't I doubt it will be hard to move her on so seemed worth taking a punt on her.

She needs a stable name. Registered name is Shannonview Chicago. I am keen on something Irish or something related to her colour or her name. She sails Thursday overnight and is going straight to a friend's yard for 2 weeks schooling livery. Just in case she is a fruit-loop. Which I'm sure she isn't!

Pics from her ad:

202170760_4286680608018733_7418467636547657374_n.jpg

205073465_4286680561352071_3163318869984145424_n.jpg

MrsCentaur

Visit site
What an utterly beautiful mare! Congratulations!

Do you like Orlaith? Meabh? Fiadh? I have a bit of a thing for Fionnuala but perhaps that's a bit much?

NightStock

Visit site
She looks lovely, hope she works out for you. What about something to do with the 'view' part of her name? Maybe 'Vista', or maybe 'look' in Irish Gaelic apparently is 'Breathnaigh' which has a couple of different pronunciations?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I thought the Irish word for wind (windy city, see?) might work, gaoth, but people would reach for Goth I think. ? I only googled it though so there might be better Irish words for wind out there.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Oh Beverley is clever but a Bev has just tried to destroy my business with a relentless dirty tricks campaign! (Literally. Long story. She didn’t). So I can’t hear that name now without feeling angry. Shame as it’s a good name for the bay mare. Who at this rate will end up being called The Bay Mare! :p

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Oh Beverley is clever but a Bev has just tried to destroy my business with a relentless dirty tricks campaign! (Literally. Long story. She didn’t). So I can’t hear that name now without feeling angry. Shame as it’s a good name for the bay mare. Who at this rate will end up being called The Bay Mare! :p

Oh no! That's awful. Yes you can't call her that then!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
She looks lovely, hope she works out for you. What about something to do with the 'view' part of her name? Maybe 'Vista', or maybe 'look' in Irish Gaelic apparently is 'Breathnaigh' which has a couple of different pronunciations?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love this clip and Irish for Look is a good idea. But not sure A Furk is the best name for an event horse. Though I can imagine yelling it on the XC :p:p:p