Experience ideas as a gift

Hello,

I'm struggling to find ideas for my partner this year for Christmas, there is nothing else that puts a smile on her face quite like a horse and seeing her face light up when riding warms my heart! I was hoping to find ideas here! :)

I usually like to get experiences. In the past I've got her jousting lessons and courses on horse combat (which was incredible), then also hacking holidays away somewhere.

Has anyone got ideas? I've exhausted my Googling ability! The more unique/unusual the better. Ideally North of England but if it's worth the travel then certainly recommend those ideas too. She has her own horse if required with exceptional riding skills. Doesn't necessarily have to involve riding but the horsey-er the better! Budget wise, I'd like to say a few hundred, I appreciated it can really vary.

Thanks so much.

Fern007

If your willing to travel recycled racehorses do an absolutely fabulous day where you get to ride one of their horses whilst working a bird of prey. I would love to do it, its on my bucket list!

fankino04

How would you fancy riding a skateboard behind her horse and the pair of you go horse boarding? Looks great fun but my OH isn't up for it at all lol

abbijay

How about a learn to drive day?
My friend and I did one a few weeks ago at Huddart Heavy Horses (on the Cheshire/Shropshire border). www.hhhorses.uk We would definitely recommend it.

I also did a sidesaddle clinic on my loan shire before he went home - I loved it - and many years ago we took the clydesdale to learn horseboarding.

I still have polo on the list of things to do!

If your willing to travel recycled racehorses do an absolutely fabulous day where you get to ride one of their horses whilst working a bird of prey. I would love to do it, its on my
bucket list!
This is amazing! I've booked this and she loves the idea, thank you! I didn't want to reply saying I have done until it was given to her as no idea if she browses this forum or not. :D

Polo trial lessons / days? But recycled racehorses day sound interesting..must mention to my OH
We've done Polo and it was brilliant, I even had a go and scored a goal but that was only because I couldn't ride well and waiting by the opponents goal was the easiest thing for me to do, it paid off! Haha.

As above, perhaps a western experience day, you could join in the fun too.
Western Experience Day - Sovereign Quarter Horses
This looks great, will consider this in the future.

How would you fancy riding a skateboard behind her horse and the pair of you go horse boarding? Looks great fun but my OH isn't up for it at all lol
I did come across this and it looks crazy / dangerous fun! Does anyone actually do an experience day? I could maybe give it a go at walk/trot!

Does she have her own horse? Maybe a stay-away at Talland, or a clinic with Ben Atkinson?
Ben Atkinson is fab, I've had lessons with his farther at their farm and he got me to canter for the first time within the first lesson, without stirrups! They are a family of horse whisperers!

Fern007

O wow!! I'm soooo jealous. I would love to go! Please report back with photos, can't wait to hear how she got on!!