Facebook users: please help find Candy!

FionaM12

Visit site
Nearly 600 members now, after only 2 days!

Please keep it up, Facebook people. We need the group to appear all over the country on Facebook so that in the end, someone will recognise Ellemoo's old mare.

So if everyone joins and adds a few horsey friends, maybe posts the group onto other horsey group walls, this would be a great help.

Surely, a beautiful freezemarked palomino shouldn't be impossible to find? She might not be in Dorset any more, and her name could have changed, but that freezemark's not hard to spot. :)

DebbieCG

Visit site
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but has the freezemark number for Candy been checked with the freezemarking companies? They may have new owner information.

I think it has been mentioned here that the passport details have already been checked though.

FionaM12

Visit site
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but has the freezemark number for Candy been checked with the freezemarking companies? They may have new owner information.

I think it has been mentioned here that the passport details have already been checked though.

Yes I believe all those avenues have been exhausted. :( Nothing's been updated, she's still listed as owned by the person now trying to find her.

All that seems to be left is the hope that someone out there knows her, or will spot her.

DebbieCG

Visit site
Yes, good luck with the FB page and group.

Right Horses are on FB and can be contacted to list details. Will just send a quick pm about this.

Ellemoo

Visit site
Please please join the group and invite your friends, remember she might not be in Dorset area now so dont let that put you off adding people all over the country! :D
So so grateful for all the help so far guys! <3 :D

Ellemoo

Visit site
We need more people to joing the group and share! Please please please :D
a few minutes of your time could make a huge difference!
Thanks to all who have helped so far :D

FionaM12

Visit site
any promising leads so far?

We thought we had but it turned out to be false. :( A member of the group, someone I know, said he'd emailed NED and asked about Candy and they'd said her passport had been updated last year. This was passed onto Ellemoo, who excitedly emailed NED herself, only to find it was some crossed wires somewhere, she is in fact still registered as Candy's owner.

Lots of people have offered to spread the word. As usual on Facebook, there's also lots of kids getting the wrong end of the stick and not reading the info properly before posting (eg; "I had a horse that ran away too" :confused:).

But the group's growing, and eventually, someone, somewhere, might notice that freezemark and find her. I hope so.

Ellemoo

Visit site
Bumping this back up for people who have joined HHO more recently, please join the group and share- If candy is out there, then the more people aware of what she looks like and of her freezemark 'LD52', the higher chance of finding her and me seeing my girl again! :) Thank yous to all who have joined and shared so far- very much appreciated!

Elle x

Jenna c bigg

Visit site
Hi.
I have joined the group too and sent a request.
I dont want to get any ones hopes up, but i was at the doncaster sales last month, and there was a palomino mare there with what was apparently her 4yo foal, i do not recall if she had a freeze brand. But was the spitting image of candy and hight and personality, she was a little grumpy and hated the horse next door.
I can not be certain of her age as i didnt look at her teeth, and i am not certain if she sold either.
But it may be worth contacting the auctioneers to ask about it.
I am sure if you explained the circumstances they would be amenable.
I will find out the date i was there, and their telephone number if you like so you can ask?
I will keep my eyes open on my travels for you guys.
I know what its like to miss such a loved friend!!!!

FionaM12

Visit site
Thanks everyone. A few new members have joined the facebook group today. :)

You can also add your friends, so if you have any horsey mates, could you make them members too please? Each time the group appears on someone's wall, it increases the chances of someone, somewhere recognising that freezemark!

FionaM12

Visit site
Hi.
I have joined the group too and sent a request.
I dont want to get any ones hopes up, but i was at the doncaster sales last month, and there was a palomino mare there with what was apparently her 4yo foal, i do not recall if she had a freeze brand. But was the spitting image of candy and hight and personality, she was a little grumpy and hated the horse next door.
I can not be certain of her age as i didnt look at her teeth, and i am not certain if she sold either.
But it may be worth contacting the auctioneers to ask about it.
I am sure if you explained the circumstances they would be amenable.
I will find out the date i was there, and their telephone number if you like so you can ask?
I will keep my eyes open on my travels for you guys.
I know what its like to miss such a loved friend!!!!

Perhaps Ellemoo could follow this up? :)

Thanks for joining the group. :)

Ellemoo

Visit site
I tried googling doncaster sales and only found what looked like race horse sales and no catalogue for june, not sure what i need to type in to search for it??

Ellemoo

Visit site
Recieved an email back from the sales, there was 'no palomino mare/mare with foal at the sales on that date'.
Unfortunately another dead end, the search goes on! :)

Ellemoo

Visit site
Bumping this thread back up in case theres any new members who may be able to help. If your from the Dorset area in particular or anywhere in the uk, please please take a few minutes to share the facebook group with any horsey friends! Thank you again for all who have joined and shared- you keep a glimmer of hope in my heart that i might see my golden girl again some day :)