Facts; Deal with them

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
1. If my horse is naughty he/she gets a smack. That way boundaries are set and the naughty behaviour stops before it becomes a problem. I do NOT beat my horses. If you don't know the difference, then LEARN.
2. I love a horse with a bit of personality, but invading my personal space is absolutely NOT on. If you barge into me, I will LET YOU KNOW this is unacceptable.
3. Sometimes my horse (LC) is a little *****. He does NOT need his teeth/back or tack seen to (not least because he's not being ridden) He's just a little *****. I'm sure he'll grow out of it, not least because I don't shove a carrot in his mouth when he does it...
4. Yes, I'm sure it's lovely to ride SOME horses bareback. PF, on the other hand, is built like a whippet. A skinny whippet crossed with an eel that has been covered in lard. It's not fun, it's not bonding, and it certainly does not improve my balance or seat. I won't do it and that's that.
5.Not all horses can be hacked out. PF likes to examine every inch of our route and make personal friends with every animate or inanimate object we encounter. I haven't got all day and I just can't be @rsed. As long as she doesn't do it at a show (she doesn't) I can't be bothered.
6. My horses eat oats. Actually PF eats oats. She is NO sharper than she has ever been. I will never ever feed cubes or mixes again. Are you sure you know exactly what's in your feed?? Inform yourself. Feed companies will try to sell you their products. Do your own research.
7. If I'm not happy with what my farrier/ vet is doing I will ask questions and I will make suggestions. I am not an idiot, they cannot make me feel like an idiot because I will always DO MY OWN RESEARCH
8. I can see that your horse doesn't track up/is behind the vertical/looks more miserable that Totilas ridden my MAR... don't assume everyone is as gullible as you would like them to be.
9. For my family; yes, I do love my horses more than most of you, why do you ask? They are better looking, smell better and make more reasonable demands of my time.
10 Add your own... :)

black_horse

Visit site
1) no I don't care if you don't have that issue, dee is my horse to do whatsoever I want with. If I want to get on her and do bendy poles with her. I will. Got it?
2) no I am not abusing my horse because I growl at her when she is naughty. She's big and needs manners.
3) just because I bandage her legs doesn't make me a diva. I don't like boots. **** happens.
4) so what I have bling. It's my money. My horse. Sod off. :p
5) and so what I ride in a double. I have issues and dee is too strong in a snaffle. She's happier in her double.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
2) no I am not abusing my horse because I growl at her when she is naughty. She's big and needs manners.
Well that's no good because I will SMACK mine if she's naughty. Smack trumps growl ;)

3) just because I bandage her legs doesn't make me a diva. I don't like boots. **** happens.
4) so what I have bling. It's my money. My horse. Sod off. :p
*cough* Diva! *cough* ;)

xxMozlarxx

Visit site
Yes my pony has no shoes.he isn't 'barefoot' he has hooves..just no shoes. I put hoof hardener on his hooves and it works!! (gasp!) I don't give him a special diet, check out some pyramid chart or do anything that I didn't do before.

classic_astra

Visit site
* sometimes my horse lives out rugless for the whole winter, shes fat, its not cruelty
* i bred my foal for ME TO KEEP out of a mare with unknown breeding
* my filly will get a slap if she bites/barges/kicks or anything else undesirable she has learnt from day one what things are and arent acceptable, things that are acceptable is rewarded with a pat/treat depending on whats at hand at the time!
* i occasionally ride my mare bareback in the field with no hat, its is MY choice, im 27 years of age, deal with it, or dont, im not bothered.

think thats about it!!

the way i do things with my horses sometimes may raise an eyebrow but anyone is welcome to come and see/play with them thereselves to see how happy, healthy and polite they are!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
* sometimes my horse lives out rugless for the whole winter, shes fat, its not cruelty
* i bred my foal for ME TO KEEP out of a mare with unknown breeding
* my filly will get a slap if she bites/barges/kicks or anything else undesirable she has learnt from day one what things are and arent acceptable, things that are acceptable is rewarded with a pat/treat depending on whats at hand at the time!
* i occasionally ride my mare bareback in the field with no hat, its is MY choice, im 27 years of age, deal with it, or dont, im not bothered.

think thats about it!!

the way i do things with my horses sometimes may raise an eyebrow but anyone is welcome to come and see/play with them thereselves to see how happy, healthy and polite they are!
Oi! I smack my horses!! Choose a different form of abuse! ;)
Also, I'm sure you would reconsider the bareback riding if you had a horse as narrow as mine ;) ;)

classic_astra

Visit site
Oi! I smack my horses!! Choose a different form of abuse! ;)
Also, I'm sure you would reconsider the bareback riding if you had a horse as narrow as mine ;) ;)

ha ha it depends what they do to how hard they get slapped, but usually it hurts me more than them! slapping and cold hands dont mix!

i wouldnt ride a narrow horse bareback, would want to have children someday ha ha lucky for me i have a fat cob :D

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I use an open hand. It stings like hell quite a lot of the time, but a horse can feel a fly land on its coat, so it must hurt them loads... right? *rolls eyes*
Are you a bloke? In which case I do understand your reluctance to ride a narrow horse bareback (I don't do it, personally) but if you're a woman and are worried about being able to have children... ummm... are you quite sure you're doing it correctly? (The riding!!! The riding!! :p )

classic_astra

Visit site
I use an open hand. It stings like hell quite a lot of the time, but a horse can feel a fly land on its coat, so it must hurt them loads... right? *rolls eyes*
Are you a bloke? In which case I do understand your reluctance to ride a narrow horse bareback (I don't do it, personally) but if you're a woman and are worried about being able to have children... ummm... are you quite sure you're doing it correctly? (The riding!!! The riding!! :p )

lol no i am female but im sure u can some how damage "down there" on a narrow enough horse?! or am i just talking poo?! (probably the case!)

ausipaliboi

Visit site
I have just snorted my tea all over my keyboard. Is there a janitor in this thread who can come clean it up for me? I am busy watching my NH DVD :D :D :D :D

1. I don't actually have a NH DVD, I have lots of books by lots of different riders and I have read them all but I haven't put any of them into practice :p
2. My horses are very expensive ornaments and will never be competition horses who earn their keep.
3. I have never had a saddler out to fit my saddle (to any of the numerous different horses I have used it on). I have not had my horses teeth done in the nearly 4 years I have owned him. He has never met a chiropractor / acupuncturist / physiotherapist / massage therapist / psychotherapist (I can't think of anything else that ends in "ist"
4. I do strange things with my horse and he is non the worse for it. I bath him in the middle of a rain storm and then grin to myself when he goes and rolls in mud, I spent hours cleaning his rugs then took them in to get mended and then they sat in the shop for a year cos they weren't needed and it turned into a funny joke with me and the repairer, I hog his mane using scissors and then laugh hysterically at the mess I made before I rug him to hide it :D
5. My horse will only walk freely to the end of the street and is prone to having panic attacks (because that tree over there is fully hiding a horse eating monster) and I am super thrilled with him because he walked 30m away from the paddock before heading home again, and if that is the only ride we have for months he will have 'earnt his keep'.
6. I refuse to let anyone else ride my horse because the people who have offered or that I know are not capable of handling him. I am quite sure that if I sold him there is a 50/50 chance the person I sold him to would be better suited to him but I just don't care cos he is a very pretty expensive field ornament who is no doubt currently spooking at the shadows cast by the trees in his paddock:eek:

Enfys

Visit site
:):) Nice one PF.

*I breed to sell :eek:

*I ride my horses in curb bits, they share saddles, saddle pads, bridles and rugs.

*Everything lives out, all year round, in snow, ice and -20C is merely inconvenient, not the end of the world.

*Yes I will use my hand, or the end of a rope, or whatever, on them if the need arises. I am not a "there, there, norty ponio, don't bite mummys' face again will you?" kind of person, sorry.

*I weigh 120lbs soaking wet, some of my horses weigh 1300lbs, I use a chain if they pull or fart about, they learn, I have well behaved horses that are not head shy.

*I handle my foals from day one, every day and it has not ruined them.

*I will put a horse down rather than keep it as a field ornament on drugs to mask its' pain.

*Oh, and I feed oats as well, to everything I own, in a pile, on the ground.

*Lastly, my mantra is that there are many ways to skin a cat, my way not be yours, or yours mine, but, if the end result is the same then it really doesn't matter how we get there.

:)

Last edited: