Fairfax Girth Trial

googol

Visit site
Following!
My heart wants to buy one but my head won't let me! Oh and neither will my bank balance lol

philamena

Visit site
Any updates from those of you who have got Fairfax girths? I have heard some reports that prolonged use has caused pressure issues on the sternum?

Really? That's interesting... can you explain more, symptoms etc? Have been using mine for a while now so interested to keep an eye out!

fusspot

Visit site
My girth is still the best thing I have bought-I had mine for over a year and a half,horse still moves so much better,saddle stays exactly where it should still and definetly no soreness in sternum or anywhere else.Love it-been my godsend and will definetly buy another when this one dies!

twiggy2

Visit site
non of the three horses/ponies at work liked them, so they are now gathering dust, one had terrible sores come up but she is prone to sores, the others just became stilted through the shoulders

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Mine was a good buy, no problems whatsoever and my horse responded positively to it. I videoed her before & after and there was a noticeable and 'feelable' difference in her way of going :) She's never going to be Valegro but every little helps.

Definitely seek some help in getting the right fit though, I went up a size and wanted reassurance about whether to go for the normal or narrow gauge one. If pennies are tight the Prolite branded version looks perfectly good and is half the price ;)

googol

Visit site
That looks really good! Is there any elastic? I'd love to compare that and the fair fax side by side! I just got a new girth a few months ago ( this one-http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.24hourhorse.co.uk/catalog/images/johnwhitakerpressuregirth.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.24hourhorse.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/27/products_id/424&h=214&w=335&tbnid=65jgab9DwCF1kM:&zoom=1&docid=BFcRct8aMPf7yM&hl=en-gb&ei=8iWmVdu1FtCP7Aa09Ysg&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CB4QMygBMAFqFQoTCNv2lcTn3MYCFdAH2wodtPoCBA) really wish I had known about these prolites

kzb

Visit site
I have a prolite one, I've ridden in it a few times and love it so far. I have the narrow gauge short girth.

Img_0835_zps9fpxhgcm.jpg

Img_0848_zpsfgqdfpk6.jpg

Sol

Visit site
Funnily enough, I've eventually ended up with a Stubben EquiSoft.
Rate it at 10x better than the Fairfax, MUCH better made & the science makes more sense I think. I've had it about 6 weeks now & it is fab. Made a huge difference to another horse on the yard too, who is much happier. Think it's very much horses for courses though with all the girths there are now!

_EVS_

Visit site
kzb where did you manage to order it from!? how are you fiding it? did you order the same size as normal or go a size up due to the elastic (lack of!) Sorry for hijacking the post!

kzb

Visit site
kzb where did you manage to order it from!? how are you fiding it? did you order the same size as normal or go a size up due to the elastic (lack of!) Sorry for hijacking the post!

I got mine from David Dyer saddlery. I like it so far! She gets rubs very badly from things (lemieux fly mask left her with bleeding marks on her face..) and it has rubbed one very tiny patch that I am keeping an eye on but no more, which is very good for her. She has got a bit better with her girthyness but is still bitey (I have had her for 7 years and this has always been a problem :() Movement wise I feel like she is a lot more free in the shoulder.
I got a size bigger than my normal dressage girth (26, I got a 28) and I could have got a 30 and it would have been fine, but definitely wouldn't have been ok with a 26.

PorkChop

Visit site
I have bought the Stubben Equi-Soft, both the normal and the stud girth - I love them - have been using them for about a month now. I got mine from Redpostequestrian, they were very quick to get them to me, I think they came the next day.

claracanter

Visit site
I have a Fairfax girth on trial too. Horse is incredibly sensitive and saddler suggested it however since then things have developed and horse is now off the road so won't be able to try it for a while. Am reading all your comments with interest

ljohnsonsj

Visit site
I have a prolite one, I've ridden in it a few times and love it so far. I have the narrow gauge short girth.

Img_0835_zps9fpxhgcm.jpg

Img_0848_zpsfgqdfpk6.jpg

Sorry to hi-jack a little, what saddlecloths do you use with your monoflap? I think that one on the pic is premier equine? Been struggling to find nice ones!

kzb

Visit site
Sorry to hi-jack a little, what saddlecloths do you use with your monoflap? I think that one on the pic is premier equine? Been struggling to find nice ones!
My dressage saddle is a two flap, I use premier equine half lined ones mostly. My Jump saddle is a monoflap and a have a premier equine gp that fits surprisingly well along with the proper Lemieux forward cut ones. I only use half lined ones so I'm always on the hunt for them on the cheap! ;)

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
I got my prolite girth on Monday after ordering it through my saddler 2 months ago. Lottie has a very tight shoulder and gets a lot of tightness in her pectorals (muscles between her front legs) when I do Equine touch with her. There were even white 'scurf' marks on each side of it when I rode in it on Monday. I purposely put it further back Tuesday and last night and there were no marks and it stayed put.

I tried a Fairfax girth at the saddle fitting and the difference in stability of my saddle was amazing!! I had a lesson last night and it was much easier to be able to maintain even weight in both reins and seat bones and stirrups than it ever has been.

I did some ET tonight and she didn't seem as tight in her pecs (she normally tries to bite me but didn't tonight)!! Like it so far and it was only £85!!!

kzb

Visit site
Mine was from David dyer saddlery but I do know that buckaroo and North Yorkshire saddlery both have them in stock too! Buckaroo called me yesterday so they should have a good selection of sizes.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I've only read first and last pages and am going to be devil's advocate...in most photos (and often in the flesh) the ends of these curved girths sit where a normal girth would and the curved bit sits forward of where a normal girth would...and the saddle still sits where it did. I find that for keeping a saddle back the right fit achieves it, even on tricky to fit flat backed beasties and big moving WBs etc. I know one customer of mine uses a Fairfax for one horse for comfort reasons but can't think of a single one that needs one to keep a saddle back.

Jojoeena

Visit site
I didn't think that keeping a saddle back was part of the remit of this girth ? The description indicates that it is more for performance
"Increases the horse’s performance by:

• Dramatically reducing pressure
• Significantly increasing range of movement
• Eliminating gait asymmetry "