Falling off horses: POLL

Where?

• Total voters

patchandloopy

Visit site
Last two times have been on my back-ouchhh!
crazy.gif

Molineux

Visit site
Depends on how I am falling!
If I am jumping then who knows where I will land!
Flat well I always try and land on my feet (Never happens tho!)

However every time I have fallen off I have been in a hospital bed and knew I hurt all over!

moodymare1987

Visit site
i usually end up on my feet and stumble backwards, but the last time i fell off was when i was jumping and i fell onto my knees, my god did that hurt as i hit the deck my body was twisted,
blush.gif
when i jump though i can fall off any old how,
laugh.gif

sarah_hateley

Visit site
I have landed on my feet about 4 times, usually because I bail out if im falling!
The one time I managed to land on the opposite side of the jump, on my feet, with my reins in my hands, and my horse the other side of the jump! Little bugger did evil dirty stops and I hadn't leant to sit back then!

Irishcobs

Visit site
Normally on my bottom, but I usually land sitting up and fall back, hitting my back and head
crazy.gif
! Last time I came off I landing my back on the road and caused a hell of a lot of damage.

teapot

Visit site
Put feet as that's how I landed last time I fell off - bent my legs and everything

instructor was very impressed LOL, I wasn't after being removed from a 17hh due to his spooking at nothing ~rolls eyes~ Think I ended up at A and he was around B

RachelB

Visit site
Last time I was on my front/ elbows/ knees and skidding along the school. Time before that I think was bum, then back (dragged along gravel path on my back), then I was dragged on my side for a while the time before that. So a bit of all of them really!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I tend to somersault off out of the side door and just roly poly off, the first time I came off (a year ago tomorrow!) I didn't get the somersault quite right, landed heavily on my shoulder and dislocated it
shocked.gif
The last couple of times I have come off when she has spooked in the school I have managed to land on my feet
grin.gif

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
last twice have been on my lower back. First time resulted in horrid bruise, second time fractured my spine (ouch). Both times off the same dahm youngster as well. You'd think I'd've learnt
crazy.gif

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Last two times have landed on my shoulder - the second to last one resulting in ACJ dislocation of the collar bone - which I definitely do not recommend. One month of no work, driving or riding. Painful at first, then very boring !!!!!!! (plus have a huge lump for life !!!)

Quarrybank

Visit site
Well when i came off TODAY!!!! :-( I fell on my right bum/hip. Ouch..... I'm so stiff. I went to Dressage, put my foot in the stirrup to get on, & as I was getting on, something startled him and he shot forward & bucked like stink (as only Q can do!) Sat the first few, although had no stirrups as hadn't had time, but as we were heading for a car I pulled him right, he was still bucking and off I span.
blush.gif
Ouch again..... onto gravel! He disapeared up the car park in Piaffe.
Caught v naughty pony & at second attempt I got on board & he then did 2 great tests!! Horses..... don't you just love them.
My work colleges are so going to laugh when I hobble in tomorrow!
grin.gif

k9h

Visit site
Generally land on my head, seem to do least damage when I do! Well they do say "where there's no sense there's no feeling!" Though can land on any part or usually have the horse come down on top.