Falling off horses: POLL

Where?

• Total voters

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I don't fall off
wink.gif

Last time was on my ankle - dislocated and broke it in 3 places. No XC for me anymore
frown.gif

Quarrybank - that sounds painful! I hate it when they bu**er off when you're trying to mount. Glad he went Ok in the end.

sojeph

Visit site
Last time I came off was approx 6 years ago! I left the horse behind when jumping and landed on my feet in the jump! I try very hard not to fall off anymore as the recovery time isn't as quick as it used to be
crazy.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
The last few falls have been on my backside, and boy did it hurt! Have fallen of on my face before breaking my nose, now that was fun, not! I think I have a very low pain threshold though so try and stay on for dear life!

leanne123

Visit site
my side the last time i fell off my big lad, didn't hurt till he jumped ontop of me cause he wondered where i was lol, giving me a lovely horseshoe shaped lump (that i still have) and a broken rib.
the one before that was my shoulders, i fell off backwards really hurt couldn't move for ages as my muscles went into spasm i thought i'd broke my back. went to a&e where i was x rayed and injected with a muscle relaxent, but still walked like john wayne for a week though.

pagancluf

Visit site
Always on my head?!?!? no brains so cannot be heaviest part but what the hell - often laid on ground and think "fingers working, legs working - oh god i'm o.k." get back onhorse and away we go?????

sorona

Visit site
First time it was feet, flew onto knees, flipped over, hit back of head, shoulder and then back!! Had a huge bruise on my heel and my knee, very sore.
Last time was in gallop and i came off backwards and landed on my hip, back and then smacked the back of my head down and when i went to get up, I then fell flat on my face!! Didnt go to dr but rode to the pub as planned bu then suffered from bad concussion, blurred vision and nausea.......not clever!

benrolo

Visit site
I always fall on my bum, it's a year since the last time (and counting) and I was doing mounted games (over 30's), I legged my shire cross on to try and beat an arab !!! and he got too excited and over the top I went - all caught on video, in true pony club style I only had 1 foot in the stirrups so he caught me out.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Usually land on my arse or on a few occasions when I have known I was coming out of the side door I have landed feet first, especially when I was straightening speedy out, I fell of daily and got into the nack of landing feet first. However the last fall was a nasty one, didnt anticipate and the horse did a jump followed by a forward roll, I was flung into the sand school and landed on a jumping pole face first, knocked unconcious and with broken nose and tooth.

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
Haven't fallen off in over 25 years - a whole quarter of a century!
smirk.gif

However, that might just be because, at the first sign of trouble, I cling on for grim death rather than break my aged brittle bones
wink.gif

Not a pretty riding style to watch, but it's very effective
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't fallen off in over 25 years - a whole quarter of a century!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't say that!! It was about 30 years since the last time I fell off too.........and then this Summer a little youngster of mine had a bit of a problem with working with a herd of bolshy cattle........I pushed him into the herd and when we came out of it, he absolutely flew through the air!! I bailed as we came down however he was so springy that he went straight back up again, taking my right leg with him!
shocked.gif

In a way I am sort of glad as it wasn't nearly so bad as I had imagined.......but would prefer to wait another 30 years before it happens again.

Iestyn

Visit site
Have only ever fallen off twice - both very similar accidents. Horse slipped coming out of water, I go over shoulder. Second time - horse takes off a stride too early coming out of water up a step - I go over shoulder but this time break collar bone. Unfortunately it was one of the best days ever had at the HHO eventing clinic and was in the last 10 minutes of the xc session
mad.gif
S**t happens!!!

Rambo

Visit site
I put other, as I always try to fall onto my shoulder and roll away. I did come down flat on my back a few months ago......and very quickly remembered why I always try to land on my shoulder...OUCH !

Safina

Visit site
Feet - only come off twice in the last 6 years and on each occassion have landed on my feet. Jolly good job too as each time I have had to be ready to chase after the ruddy horse that threw me off!