Famous small horses - Can you name some?

millreef

Visit site
I've a small Anglo Arab - I'm 5ft6 but he's only 15.1hh. I was trying to think the other day of a small horse (may actually have been a pony) which was really successful but for the life of me I couldn't remember it's name. Can you name any? Any discipline really but I think it was either show jumping or eventing. This won't make me feel like such a pony squasher when I'm out and about on my lad.:eek:

BEUnderTheInfluence

Visit site
Well there is the late Teddy O'Connor who probably only just reached 15h and he went round four stars, then theres Headly Brtiania (who we all know well) who has had 3 four star wins! And ofc Phoebe Buckleys lovely mare Little Tiger who i think is only 14.3 or thereabouts...

zxp

Visit site
Stroller was the uber famous SJer. It was 14.1hh and did the olypics...

Little tiger is a personal favourite. There are loads more though....

GreyCoast

Visit site
Nick of Diamonds - a lovely grey that was with Leslie Howard. Can't google as computer's having a heart attack, but pretty sure he was 15.2ish.

Edwina Alexander's chestnut - name escapes me right now - is also sub 16hh?

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
Yes! he is almost lifting Claret over the fences!

thats what i thought at the slow mo looks like he has to lift his feet to avoid hitting the fence
there was a couple of sub 16hh at badminton this year Fionna Hobb's cute dapple grey 15.3 i think and Laura Renwick's 15.2 mare that she took into the first round of the puissance at olympia as well.

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
Oh my goodness! McVean's got an interesting style, hasn't he? :D Cracking little horse :)

He rode more normally on a bigger horse :D

Seabiscuit - was he real or just a film?!

He was real, not sure if he was small though...

Wasn't Our Nobby around 15hh? I think Nick Skelton used to ride a horse that was around 15.1hh (If Ever was the horse's name, not sure if Nick rode it)

Rosiefan

Visit site
Probably only famous in our part of the UK (East Anglia), a little horse - 14.2 or 3 - called Jacksway a few decades back who won numerous point to points.

StrawberryFish

Visit site
Loving Claret!
McVean wasjumping then pulling the horse up with him :D bet he had thighs of steal, amazing footage!
Wasn't there a pony who won the hickstead derby or have I got muddled up?