Famous small horses - Can you name some?

The_Hooligan

Visit site
Stroller, Little Tiger, Itot du Chateau, and another 15.1hh that has gone clear round badminton the last couple of years, can't remember his name but i think he is skewbald.

RuthnMeg

Visit site
There was a little chestnut, 15hh, who competed at advanced BE. His name was something along the lines of Kintanane Spot. I saw him in action at an event near Leistershire begining with R (useful ain't I?! lol) some years ago, and he was about 18 then!

caramel

Visit site
I'm pretty sure Pippa Funnell's Sir Barnaby was 16.1 and Bits and pieces was roughly the same
Piggy French's Done to order is 15.2

Olivia Hallow's Patris Filius is 15.1

Diana Mason's Tramella (member of the gold winning team at the Basle Europeans and 3rd Badminton 1954) was 15h.

Winsome Adante (Kim Severson) was 16.1

Rambo

Visit site
I'd be surprised if Sir Barnaby was as big as 16.2. I used to compete against them when we were both kids and I seem to recall him being quite small....16hh tops ?

caramel

Visit site
I found that in a H&H article.. I thought he was smaller? From what I've seen he is rather pony-like :) I thought more like 15.2ish?

Sportznight

Visit site
I found that in a H&H article.. I thought he was smaller? From what I've seen he is rather pony-like :) I thought more like 15.2ish?

Don't believe everything you read ;) H&H reported a while back that the highest ever stud fee was Storm Cat at $500,000. Not true, it was Seattle Slew at $800,000 - though Northern Dancer was apparently $1m, though advertised as private... And anyway, I thought anything 15.3-16.3hh was more a mid range model :D

joy

Visit site
Think Tosca was only 15.3,she always looked tiny..what with Foxhunter being enormous beside her.

Pat Smythes international horse Finality was only 15h and her team mate and fellow King George V Gold Cup finalist in 1948 was Lulu Rochford on Ladybird also 15.h