Farrier prices !!!

L&M

Visit site
Don't forget many farriers are being crippled by diesel costs, and coupled with the vat increase, have to pass this onto their clients....

Rose Folly

Visit site
£65 per new set with us. But I keep it down to £60 (when I remember) by getting my road nails direct from Mordax Studs in Lancashire. Can't recommend them enough - very efficient, quick service, and the road nails cost about 35p instead of £1 each. It adds up nicely over the year. You just need to know what size to order (for a bit of guidance, my medium weight 15.3. cob takes No.5s).

Solo1

Visit site
£65 for a full set with studholes all around for 16.2hh eventer, new shoes. Also farrier puts on lost ones for free between visits!

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
was £63 then he started to ingore us when we moved yards cause he 'didt like the yard' :eek: now paying £70 full set with new farriers, gosh knows how much it will be when she gets studs :p [in bucks/oxon]

3Beasties

Visit site
I pay £60 for a full set (Welsh borders), a local friend is paying £85 plus £5 per stud holes.............and her horse needs doing every 4 weeks :eek: :eek:

Another friend a mile down the road only pays £45 a set so it varies quite a lot depending on what farrier you use.

SuperCoblet

Visit site
£5 barefoot trim
£25 two fronts
£50 four :)
I don't mind if my farriers a bit slow and not as poshed up hoofes, he does the job for great value so I'm not fussed :eek:

JoJo_

Visit site
My farrier has just put his prices up too in aberdeenshire. Last time he came, Cooper had two new shoes on the back and refits on the front. Cost £78! And there was over 10 horses to do that day so not just travelling to my yard for one horse.

hadfos

Visit site
£60 here in north lincolnshire,if fuel prices keep rising am sure we will be hit with a rise though! Still my farrier does an amazing job,wont have another near my boy,so happy to pay whatever tbh :)

dreamcometrue

Visit site
I pay £55 for a full set from an excellent farrier.

He told me that people are starting to leave longer and longer between shoeing because they are trying to cut down on their costs. Some are leaving it 12 weeks or more.