Farty Puppy - help needed, or a clothes peg

Serephin

Visit site
My 4 month old Mini schnauzer came to us with Royal Canin food - she ate it fine, but was scratching a lot and I read somewhere that it can make them itch, so I switched to James Wellbeloved as I feed my cats this and they do very well on it. Scratching has stopped, so I was pleased about that.

Puppy loves it and scoffs it all, however, I don't think her digestive systems does as she now farts for england. They are horrible and could knock a buzzard off a **** truck at 100 yards.

Any suggestions for a good dry food that doesn't make her a fart machine? I do not fancy the idea of raw, I just don't think it would be practical.

Help *holds nose*

s4sugar

Visit site
Sometimes a glop of yoghurt in the food can help too.

Which JW? If you were on the fish one the F4D probably won't help. IME Lamb is the windiest.

littlemisslauren

Visit site
We have been playing with Bs food recently.

She was on JWB the veg one rather than rice but was getting rather porky and was quite fussy with it and was a farter.

We popped her onto PAH fishmongers range which she LOVED but she was quite itchy on it.

Now she is on applaws (or whatever its called) and she is doing brilliantly on it (no stinky bot!)

millimoo

Visit site
Moved mine from Chudleys (yuk) to JWB puppy 3 1/2 years ago.
She was ok initially, then had a severe reaction to JWB... And i mean severe. Probiotic diet and quest to another brand, was recommended 'The natural dog food company'.
Fantastic food, natural, recognised holistic, human grade meat etc. My lab has a fab coat, doesn't smell doggy and never farts.
We've never looked back and I would recommend them to anyone

EAST KENT

Visit site
Charcoal capsules from any chemist work instantly;also consider a worm prob and change to raw food.It is the grain in dried dog food fermenting that causes gas.Very uncomfortable for the dog too.

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
Our puppy is on Orijen for now, only trumps when she eats the sheep poo! Will be joining her big sisters on raw when she's grown up, raw is easy and healthy and cheaper than processed foods........