Fat or in foal

KM-R

Visit site
I'm hoping for more pics today - this is thrilling!

To add to to the speculation, I'm thinking a coloured colt, to arrive before next Saturday.

JJS

Visit site
How is Mary today JJS?

Much the same as yesterday. Her belly seems to have grown a little more again, and from the front she looks like she's swallowed not just a sports exercise ball, but that and whichever unfortunate gym bunny happened to be sat on it at the time!

attachment.php

You can also see that the muscles on her backend have slacked noticeably in the last couple of days.

attachment.php

Her bag is also a little bigger again (sorry for how blurry this picture is), with one teat now really starting to point downwards but the other still pointing in.

attachment.php

Her vulva seems to have relaxed a little more since yesterday too.

attachment.php

In herself, she's as laid-back and calm as ever, and is still happily tucking into plenty of good quality hay and a nice, big dinner on an evening.

attachment.php

(I love how she almost seems to be smiling in this one :))

attachment.php

She has definitely decided that baby-making duties are quite fun now that lots of tasty grub is involved, although Six is still sulking about being made to come in overnight and keep her company!

JJS

Visit site
She looks like such a sweetheart bless her...and very relaxed lol

She really is a sweetheart and happy for you to do anything with her. Need to climb under her belly to take some boobie pictures? No problem! Need to bring a vet, scanner, and a big hay steamer to balance it all on into her stable? Fine by her!

The vet said hers was the first pregnancy check he'd had to do on a mare in three years, and the easiest one of his career because not only was foalie right there to find, but M was impeccably behaved throughout too.

If the baby takes after her temperament-wise, I won't be able to complain about another mouth to feed because I'll have truly struck gold twice-over :)

Roxylola

Visit site
She looks like she will be a terrific mum, she seems very relaxed about it all. I hope you have a healthy mum and baby whenever the foal decides to put in an appearance

Ladyinred

Visit site
She has such a pretty face. <3

Gotta love a BOGOF thread... I used to get up in the night when Tessybear had hers, totally addictive.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
She has got a lovely head, very pretty. I hope her foal is as handsome/pretty. :)

Two of my mares have foaled early morning and I failed to realise they had been sending me messages!!! (woke up in the middle of the night without any reason, I never do that normally). I used to leave work at 10.15pm and pop up for a late night check. I even started taking a book to read by headlight torch. Mare had foaled literally a few minutes before I got there one night.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
She is very pretty, baby should be a stunner :)

I entered her and possible dad into an equine genetics website to see what the colour choices for foaly were and there were loads all at either 9% or 6% chance so will be super exciting to see what pops out :D

Linky if you want a go

http://www.animalgenetics.us/Equine/CCalculator1.asp

And sticking with my prediction though, still thinking mid may :)

suffolkmare

Visit site
Oh, she has such a sweet face, can see why you chose her! Hope foalie does take after her - and she has an easy time of it. Best wishes for the weekend, I doubt you'll get much sleep!!

JJS

Visit site
I entered her and possible dad into an equine genetics website to see what the colour choices for foaly were and there were loads all at either 9% or 6% chance so will be super exciting to see what pops out :D

Linky if you want a go

http://www.animalgenetics.us/Equine/CCalculator1.asp

Thanks for that, ElleSkywalker! I love genetics so I had to type them in straight away to check out the probabilities. According to the generator, she has a:

- 9.38 percent chance of a piebald
- 9.38 percent chance of a bay
- 9.38 percent chance of a buckskin and white
- 9.38 percent chance of a black
- 9.38 percent chance of a smoky black and white
- 9.38 percent chance of a buckskin
- 9.38 percent chance of a smoky black
- 9.38 percent chance of a bay and white
- 6.25 percent chance of a palomino
- 6.25 percent chance of a chestnut and white
- 6.25 percent chance of a chestnut
- 6.25 percent chance of a palomino and white.

That's assuming, of course, that the palomino Welsh D stallion is the daddy. If he's not, then the possibilities really are endless!

JJS

Visit site
And here's our updated list of guesses:

Twiggy2: Coloured colt on Sunday morning.

Biff&Buzz: Lovely, chunky filly.

Equi: Colt who's the spit of mum.

Suffolkmare: Chunky coloured filly.

3Beasties: Coloured filly born on bank holiday Monday.

Sandstone1: Skewbald colt born this weekend.

Hobgoblin: Buckskin and white colt born on the Tuesday after the bank holiday.

Clodagh: Buckskin and white.

Leo Walker: Buckskin and white colt or a mule (please no!).

Horselady: Either a nice, chunky filly or a mule (again, please no! We're a mule-free zone!).

On the Hoof: Palomino colt on May Day.

Eatmyshorts: Chunky coloured cob colt next Friday.

The greenergrass: Buckskin and white colt.

Cobbytype: Coloured colt in the second week of May.

ElleSkywalker: Buckskin filly in mid-May.

Fraggle2: Coloured filly on the 7th May.

Shanti: Palomino and white filly on the 5th May.

Fools Motto: Chunky blue and white colt between the 10th-15th May.

Rabatsa: Chestnut colt on the 20th May.

Turitea: Colt who is the spitting image of his (assumed) Welsh sire with a lot of white markings (face, belly, and legs) born in the third week of May.

Hannahgb: Coloured filly in the second week of May.

Gloi: Palomino and white colt in the last week of May.

Remi'sMum: Skewbald colt on the 1st May.

Char_f94: Skewbald colt on the 5th May.

Feival: Birthdate of 4th May.

SatansLittleHelper: Coloured colt.

Butterbear: Skewbald filly before May Day.

KM-R: Coloured colt to arrive before next Saturday.

Wagtail: Foaling date of three weeks from now.

Meleeka: Chestnut filly born on Sunday (30th April).

Slightlyconfused: A May baby.

Thanks again to all of you for your lovely comments, invaluable advice, and all of the well wishes you're sending Mary's way :)

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Smoky brown filly in around 3 weeks - possibly slightly longer. (That would come under buckskin and is the colour of my mare :D)

Doris68

Visit site
Skewbald colt, 11th May. Hope it all goes well and looking forward to hearing all about the new arrival (on 11th May of course..!!).

JJS

Visit site
So today's update is a super quick one because I'm going out this evening and already running late.

Nothing much has changed since yesterday, except that the size of her belly has increased AGAIN! I'll let the pictures do the talking.

175E4498-A50E-4F05-9D3B-1F0B2236FFDF.jpg

DC4AA367-3D23-4225-A5FB-AD12BA375BC8.jpg

M seems to be letting her H&H forum fame go to her head, and now insists on striking a picture perfect pose as soon as the camera comes out!

7530F118-9F7D-4F19-825A-2966F49270C1.jpg

87CCABBE-A604-411E-9D4F-6BEC44227819.jpg

That's all for today, folks :)