Favourite breed

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Arabs are my all time favourite but I do love warmbloods, have only ever had one but often thought about getting another quite like all the Welsh ponies as well though.

KittyH

Visit site
Ahh I love them too, but we're both 5'8, so a little small for us. Otherwise I would definitely be after a connie!
I'm 5'9" and have a 15.1 pure connie. Would never have bought him for me, but ended up with him as he was too strong for my 5'11 mother. He's amazing and should have been making his international eventing debut this month. An easy pony to look after who turns into a competition horse at a competition or when the jumps go up! Hadn't had anything smaller than 16.2 for 20 years but have now bought another 15.1!

Attachments

• received_601211453809564.jpeg
    received_601211453809564.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 20

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm a cob person. I have one cobby cob, who is flashy for his type but safe as houses. And I have one warmblood in cob's clothing. His canter is enormous, and he's so naturally uphill. But I'm a dressage person really. I dabbled with eventing last year but while he has the jump he doesn't have the speed. We do beautiful up hill readytodosideways canter everywhere ?

Palindrome

Visit site
For a mother daughter share I would probably get a PRE gelding if I was going on breed. I quite fancy a PRE as well, although of course warmbloods and thoroughbreds are nice horses too.

abbijay

Visit site
I'm another who would say look at everything and buy temperament and attitude over everything else (assuming it is sound and not a conformational dogs breakfast).
Over the years I have seen plenty of people who have bought mother daughter shares with competition potential and neither mother nor daughter has ever felt confident enough to compete it. Mostly recently, a friend bought a super young sports horse and hoped that she'd be able to take it out for a spot of dressage and eventing and her daughter could start riding it. Well I did more eventing with my clydesdale than my friend has done with her sports horse - although the horse is doing super well with a pro - and her daughter has never ridden it - kids did lead rein cross country on my clydesdale - not the ideal mount but the ideal temperament so we did it anyway. They have since bought a second horse - a bit of an ordinary 15hh pony that they can both get on, pop a fence, hack out, whatever they fancy and she's taken the daughter to her first comps. She doesn't look flashy like the sports horse and is worth a fraction of the money but I know which one I would give stable space to!

showjumpingharry

Visit site
For me it's got to be part TB at least if not full. And ideally if it's part then the rest is ID/connie/NF but I don't mind a bit of warmblood or a good PBA??