February (at last!) Weekend plans

j1ffy

Visit site
And now we just have an extra long Feb to look forward to..! ;)

We've got a dressage lesson tomorrow, part of our 'right canter transition bootcamp' that I've set us on this month. I think I may have had a breakthrough this week (by doing something I always suggest others with Spanish horses do - sometimes I wonder at myself!). We also had a jumping lesson on Wednesday which was fab, though the trainer also said that Chilli is the weirdest horse he's come across 🤣

Kirstd33

Visit site
After last weekends excitement at the "intro to jumping clinic" we're having a more sedate one with hacks off the yard both days. I'm hoping to get daughter out with me at least one of the days on her share pony if it fits in with the owners plans. My own little coblet isn't very fit but I do want to take him through the parkland one day for a couple of canters.

Squeak

Visit site
My weekend started early with the RoR awards evening on Wednesday - really brilliant evening and the jockey club rooms is such an incredible venue. So proud of my boy and so inspiring to hear the achievements of other ex racehorses too.

Now a quiet weekend with a flat lesson and some hacking and sadly some housework.

Alibear

Visit site
A quieter one already had the farrier this morning, so new dancing shoes are in place. Amber certainly tested the fit when I turned her out afterwards. So much so that once she calmed down, I had to walk over and check!
This may also help as the weighing lady is coming out this evening, and all the horses are being weighed. It will be interesting as the last time the tape said 506, and she was 535. The tape still says 506, but she's lost the belly and got her abs back.
Hopefully, a hack out tomorrow which is the first step in my theory to building up her confidence off-road, she'll do and do it nicely, but you can feel she's so tense the whole time. Then we wrap up with a dressage lesson on Sunday.

humblepie

Visit site
My weekend started early with the RoR awards evening on Wednesday - really brilliant evening and the jockey club rooms is such an incredible venue. So proud of my boy and so inspiring to hear the achievements of other ex racehorses too.

Now a quiet weekend with a flat lesson and some hacking and sadly some housework.

Brilliant, were you receiving an award. We didn't get to go this year but can't complain as horse has featured in the video and programme in the past.

@Titchy Pony hope you feel better soon and @Ambers Echo hope you get those sorted.

Went for a long hack this morning before work on bouncy horse who was perfect with the lorries we met but a leaf looked at him wrongly which wasn't okay. Bad leaves. Still at hacking/light schooling but may try to do a tail wash and a lorry spring clean.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I had a lesson today. Another new RS, I'm getting good at riding new horses in unfamiliar places! This one is with a view to mainly hacking with them as it's a bit of a drive but the location is fabulous.

Really pleased with how it went. Horse was 17.3! It was windy, there was shooting going on nearby, new instructor. Plenty of things to potentially worry about but I just...didn't.

Not much else on this weekend. Will need to rest today and try to do my physio exercises. Got to stay on top of the fatigue but really buzzing to be able to have ridden!

Eta I actually did worry a bit but instead said to myself "I wonder what my horse's name will be" and thought about something else.

Squeak

Visit site
Brilliant, were you receiving an award. We didn't get to go this year but can't complain as horse has featured in the video and programme in the past.

@Titchy Pony hope you feel better soon and @Ambers Echo hope you get those sorted.

Went for a long hack this morning before work on bouncy horse who was perfect with the lorries we met but a leaf looked at him wrongly which wasn't okay. Bad leaves. Still at hacking/light schooling but may try to do a tail wash and a lorry spring clean.

We'd won a championship/ series in 2023 :) Hope you managed to keep a copy of the video and programme, lovely momento.

Last edited:

humblepie

Visit site
We'd won a championship/ series in 2023 :) Hope you managed to keep a copy of the video and programme, lovely momento.
Oh brilliant, well done. Fab prizes from RoR. Yes still have both and he is on the RoR website if someone knows where to look! I didn't realise he was on it until I was scrolling through various pages.

blood_magik

Visit site
Four going to BD on Sunday and of course, one has managed to lose a shoe 🙄 I might just take the remaining one off myself if the farrier can’t come before next week

Ran through the tests this morning so tomorrow will be a jump/polework day to keep everyone sweet.

Jack will do some more loading practice but so far so good… hopefully he continues and loads first time when it’s show time.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
The Baby Spanish Bean and I went to little local venue for our first ever in person dressage test! Thrilled with her behaviour all day and her not batting an eyelid in the warm up.

Wobbled round a walk and trot test with some staring at the spooky corner but she did it all. Very pleased with a score of 62.17% and the Holy Grail of Spanish horse tests of not having tension being mentioned anywhere 🤣🤣

FB_IMG_1706981743540.jpgFB_IMG_1706981752488.jpgFB_IMG_1706981758750.jpgFB_IMG_1706981777317.jpg

dottylottie

Visit site
i was supposed to be picking my car up from the garage today, for the 2nd time since i bought it, except i got there and it wouldn’t set off and had smoke coming from the bonnet. parts place is closed, so no car for me until monday(🤞🏻). luckily it’s under warranty, but i was supposed to be getting some towing practice in today so i can actually get out and about!

going to clip the girls again ready for the season ahead, and pull divas mane if i catch her in a good mood🤣 wishing everyone else a wonderful weekend!

millitiger

Visit site
So much for our quiet little outing today to run through our Areas test... Ended up following Laura Tomlinson into the venue, in her spaceship of a lorry with 3 pop out sides.
As I was parking up, saw people practising piaffe/passage transitions in the warm up and had a horrid feeling I had gone on the wrong day.
Hurriedly checked phone, and no, it was the right day. Just some funny times for tests running out of order!

Pretty pleased with his test with a List 1 judge, definitely some rust on both of us which hopefully this outing has knocked off.
Although with a mere 38 entries in my Area Festival class this week, we won't hold our breath!

j1ffy

Visit site
The Baby Spanish Bean and I went to little local venue for our first ever in person dressage test! Thrilled with her behaviour all day and her not batting an eyelid in the warm up.

Wobbled round a walk and trot test with some staring at the spooky corner but she did it all. Very pleased with a score of 62.17% and the Holy Grail of Spanish horse tests of not having tension being mentioned anywhere 🤣🤣

View attachment 133340View attachment 133341View attachment 133342View attachment 133343
No ‘tensión’!! Very well done!

teapot

Visit site
I'm sitting on a BHS Education review panel this week, looking forward to receiving what I need to review before the meeting.

Must ensure my comments are professional and well balanced (I've been tipped off what's arriving in my inbox may raise more than my eyebrows 😂) Nice to keep a little toe in the water too.