:( Fed up of chasing - please help

Tilda

Visit site
I don't even know what breed my horse is let alone who bred him but it doesn't matter to me because he is my perfect horse and does exactly what I wanted him to do! The people I bought him from owned him for 4 years so I know what they did with him which does give me confidence that he can do what I ask him to do which is useful but certainly not imperative!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I can fully understand the OP wanting to know. I was hugely excited to get all the information on one of my horses from his breeders etc.

However, I think the OP needs to be a little bit more realistic on the time frame for receiving the answers to her questions.

Its nice to know who the parents are etc. and see photos but its not a necessity IMO and very few people could probably give this information. It really doesnt matter at the end of the day, or if it did so much then you should have found out all this info BEFORE buying the horse.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
And on top of that I don't think it's fair to say I have REALLY pestered her, I have had 2 long conversations with her, and when I have asked her for the most basic of things, she avoids them!

It could well be because she doesn't have a clue herself, have you thought of that? If they didn't even know the DOB then I'd be very surprised if they know any more; are you even sure they actually bred him themselves or was he bought in a job lot?

TBH, I can see why they're not answering your questions now because this should all have been found out before you signed for him then you would have had the option of walking away if the answers weren't what you wanted or they weren't open enough to say they didn't know. You're asking for after sales care when the owners didn't care enough to have those facts at their finger tips when you first viewed him; TBH, you are as guilty as them for not checking all the facts before you bought.
If you like him, fine, just get on with enjoying him, don't let this eat you up.

Elsbells

Visit site
I bought my mare three years ago from a local dealer, she was in a bit of a state having passed through several yards in a short time, but she did have a AES passport.

However, that is it. I know she jumped to a good level and who the breeder was but I still don't know the breed of her dam, it's in the passport as George and that's it?

Her history is all a bit fishy as she had gone from BSJA to a professional yard then on through several dealerships and she was falling further. Of course no-one wants to tell me anything and so I've stopped trying.

You are very lucky to have the information you have, I didn't even have a headcollar or knew anything about past injuries, tack, habits oreven her stable name? Her history is with me and what hashappened in our three years together. I'm sure she's a completely different horse anywy, so what does it matter where and from whom she was born.

Enjoy your horse.

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
I understand how excited you are. But as many people have said, knowing when your boy was born to the precise day is a luxury, if it bothers you that much, put born x month on his photo album, with pics of his dad inside.

None of this really matters, it isn't basic info people get unless buying direct from a stud. Please just enjoy your boy and let it go. You've bought him because you like him, so post some pics so we can all like him, there are a lot of cob fans on here!

Littlelegs

Visit site
I think maesfen has summed it up pretty well. I bought daughters as a yearling. I know some **** gave her dam free to a crap clueless home & her dam was a miniature from the photo. Her dam died when she was 3months & she lived alone from then till I got her in a tiny muddy paddock with no shelter, feed or care. And tbh I don't think I want to no anymore. She's just as loved as my pony with a full history. Who cares her dob is probably a few weeks out, or that I can only guess at what sired her based on adult appearance. Writing a biography doesn't matter to her or us.