Feeling seriously fed up with this weathernow!

Molasses

Visit site
Beyond sick of it now, don't have an arena and rely on hacking/fields and this is the first winter i feel like ive done nothing, most winters I get at least one or two nights a week. This winter is beyond a joke.

peanut

Visit site
My field is already trashed and yet more rain. We are on the second slippery field induced mishap but she can't stay in the entire winter :(

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Raining here again my horses have just stood on the hardstanding all morning they don't want to walk in the mud, so I got them in lunchtime it's meant to dry up later so will put them out again and get them in later in the evening, they just don't want to be stood in the rain, didn't ride last week this week looks as bad school is flooded so are all the tracks it's rubbish:(

eggs

Visit site
Put my lot out this morning and they were quite happy as it was only very light drizzle. However by 11 it was lashing rain and strong winds and they were all stood in the mud looking miserable so I got them in. Will give a couple of them a leg stretch in the indoor school later this afternoon.

Tomorrow we are forecast hail so they will go out into the small field with a five bay semi open barn that they can get into. I know that at least two of them will spend the whole time in the barn out of the weather. I try not to use that field too much in winter in order to keep the gateway passable but have used it more this year than in any of the other 19 years since we moved here.

PurBee

Visit site
This morning was utterly grim, but this afternoon was beautiful here. I hacked two, did my field etc and it was blue skies and sunshine till dark - and most importantly a nice red sunset... I wonder if tomorrow really will be as bad as forecast! Daffodils everywhere, ponies starting to shed - it really is heading into spring :D
Mine are starting to shed too now....fingers crossed it continues to get warmer.

Limit

Visit site
Feeling seriously fed up finding it hard work coping with 2 storms wind and constant rain for over 2 weeks now.
Having to soak hay as one had a bit of a cough ( no temp.or nasal discharve) but as they all are out together soaking for all 3 Cough now gone.
No mud but the horses are spending masses of time in the pole barn so getting through bedding (shavings) big time!!!Plus mucking out huge barrow loads morning and evening as although the fields are open with foggage they choose to stay in the barn in the dry scoffing hay!!
Haven't had the energy to do anything with the horses as it's so wet and miserable and it takes me an hour and and a half morning and an hour evening just to get the jobs done.
Seriously wondering why I keep horses!!! !!this winter.
Hope spring comes soon I love them dearly but they are 21 20 and 15 and been with me years one I bred so they will be with me forever.Can't see me replacing any when they do go!!
Fortunately they are at home but this winter has been brutal.
Roll on spring I'm sure I'll feel feel better then.

Yes, feel your pain. Down here in deepest Devon its rained most days since October with no end insight.
Then I watch the evening news and see all he poor people in various parts of the country with homes flooded out and farmers crops ruined. I then realize it could be so much worse!

Annagain

Visit site
The wind was far worse with us this weekend than it was in the storms. I'm amazed it wasn't classed as another storm. We lost the tack room door on Sat night. Arrived on Sunday morning to find it on the floor 10' from the tack room. A slight drop in the wind meant we rode the boys for the first time in a month on Saturday (they're fine in the wind but most of our hacking is woodland so falling branches is a big risk in that weather). Archie looked like he was pulling a parachute behind him with his exercise sheet filling with the wind the whole time!

As annoying as my very lengthy new horse search has been, I'm quite pleased I'm not trying to get to know a new one in this weather and relieved I don't feel obliged to ride in terrible conditions to keep one fit/sane. At least I know I can drop both M and A and pick them up again a few weeks later without them being any different. M is always a slug and A is always a thug! Their fitness doesn't really matter either these days as they're both slowing down a bit.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
As annoying as my very lengthy new horse search has been, I'm quite pleased I'm not trying to get to know a new one in this weather and relieved I don't feel obliged to ride in terrible conditions to keep one fit/sane. At least I know I can drop both M and A and pick them up again a few weeks later without them being any different. M is always a slug and A is always a thug! Their fitness doesn't really matter either these days as they're both slowing down a bit.
this is a very good bright side to look on ;)
it's been a tricky first winter for me and project TB that's for sure! I was wondering how he was going to cope with limited TO and needing feeding up a bit, but hadn't reckoned on the wild weather getting involved on a daily basis too o_O

Merrymoles

Visit site
Utterly, utterly fed up with it now and can't wait for spring, if it ever arrives!

On the minus side, my usual four-mile, ten minute trip to the yard is now 12 miles each way and takes anything up to 3/4 an hour each way - more this morning because the traffic ground to a halt in the snow. The flooding is so bad it will take weeks for the road to reopen. The gateways are ankle deep at the yard and it was snowing into the boxes this morning. The ground is so wet it is draining back into our septic tank so we have had to put a pump in to take the excess out and our 70m drive now resembles a mud track.

On the plus side, our horses are still being turned out for anything up to 12 hours a day. My hero neighbour came the long way round avoiding the floods to deliver me three bales of haylage at the weekend so the horses are OK for the foreseeable future. The atmosphere on the yard is even better than usual as we have all taken to swearing about the weather endlessly to cheer each other up. My horse is still lame at anything faster than walk but is now sound enough to walk out in hand so we've been taking trips down the village to the edge of the flood bank to look at the floods, which absolutely fascinate him. And as there is no through road, there is very little traffic so that's not an issue when walking in hand. There is also usually a bit of a crowd there at the weekend so we're keeping up on all the gossip. And he's loving his trips out and I don't have to feel guilty about not riding!