Feling a bit like they've burst my baloon...............

wattamus

Visit site
Sorry just feeling a bit miserable and hoping someone could give me a bit of a perk.
I took my horse to a hunter trial yesterday we did the novice pairs and the novice individuals (only 60cm) She hasn't been out in well over a year and I thought it'd be a nice little re-introduction for her.
Anyhow she went like a tank in the pairs and cleared everything without hesitation (apart from the water/ditch which she insisted on going over "hunt style" so I now have a bruised back/chest and swollen lip! ;) ) then again went clear in the individuals. We were placed second in the pairs and missed 6th by 1/2 a second in the individuals. I was absolutely over the moon with her.
So come today people at the yard were asking how I'd done- which I thought was nice initially. I then told them and I got comments like "really? that horse?" and "oh I suppose it will have been quite an easy course given the time of year" and "there weren't many there then?" . Now I'll admit that my horse doesn't strike you as the "cross country/ speedy type" but she's honest and can shift when she wants to. And I was just a bit miffed that people who have always seemed "nice" to my face clearly think so little of me and my girl.
Sorry a bit pointless but just needed to get it out. In any case I'm still really proud of her to say she is 18 and only just starting her jumping career haha :)
If you got this far thanks for reading- any comments telling me to get a grip will not be taken badly!

quirky

Visit site
As long as you like and enjoy her, why give 2 hoots what anybody else thinks?

I don't give a poop what anybody thinks of mine, never have never will :)

Elbie

Visit site
Sadly some people feel they need to make digs to make themselves feel better. They must be feeling inadaquate about something!

Ignore them. You know it was a good achievement and you don't need people to justify it!

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
2nd in your first time out in over a year? I would be OVER THE MOON!

Congratulations!!! Sounds like you should be incredibly proud of yourself and your horse.

Who cares if others think less if her, all the more reason to go out and prove them wrong!

McCauley

Visit site
Eeeeee (Sighing...)...there's always someone on a yard that will 'burst your balloon', bless ya. There you are, bursting with enthusiasm and pride on your achievements yesterday and all some can do, is drag it down,...very immature and in my honest opinon, there's a little bit of the green eyed monster lurking there with their comments. Sadly with some folk,...'bigger is better' in their eyes,...how shallow of them.

You give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done and a big hug to your girl...and quite frankly,...sod what they think and you just carry on having fun and enjoying your horse my love.

Look forward to your next outing and jolly well ignore those kinds of people. Hope your injuries aren't too bad today!!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Firstly a massive well done :D
People are probably a bit jealous perhaps?
Also from the other point of view I responded to a friend who told me she had done well with "oh my god no way" but I was genuinely thrilled for her but she took that a little bit offensively I think! Honestly thought it better than seeming less interested, if that makes sense!

Don't let peoples silly comments ruin your moment, I'd be chuffed to bits your horse and you have done awesomely ;)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Some people just aren't very nice and like to bring others down - ignore their mean comments.

Congratulations on doing so well with your mare. :D

*sprinkles*

Visit site
How rude !! People like this aren't worth wasting your feelings on. Shame that they have been two faced with you but such is life. Continue enjoying your lovely horse, that's what matters. Sounds like you had an awesome outing, really don't let it be spoiled by jealousy and/or snobbery.

Love

Visit site
Stuff them! That's a great result and you shouldn't let anyone's opinions get to you. They can think what they like but at the end of the day it was you who got round those courses not them! Well done :)

teasle

Visit site
Cofgratulation on your achievement, and really sorry that you have to spend time with miserable people.

OWLIE185

Visit site
Jealousy - that is all it is. You did seriously well to get round. Well done! ...and give your horse an extra carrot for doing so well!

Char0901

Visit site
Firstly well done! That's a great achievement for your first time out in over a year.
There are some horrible people in the horse world (obviously lots nice too though!)
I'd put it down to jealousy to be honest. If you haven't had an outing for a year, they probably didn't realise your horse had so much talent... And now the green eyed monster has appeared.
Its happened to me before. My show jumping mare looked nothing. Everyone was so 'nice' when I got her back to the yard... When we jumped double clear in the 1.15 members cup and qualified for scope people changed. Tried to put us down at every opportunity. And when I broke my ankle and couldn't compete at Scope, I'm sure a few of them were actually pleased!
So each time you go out, mentally stick two fingers up at them and crack on!
Again, huge well done x

WindyStacks

Visit site
Let me get this straight - yesterday you came 2nd at hunter trials. What were they doing? Hick stead derby or chain-smoking in the tack room? ***** 'em!

windand rain

Visit site
Wow well done you that is some achievement ignore the nasties and wallow in the fact you did it they obviously didnt or maybe even cannot

FairyLights

Visit site
its called JEALOUSY. just goes to show how fantastic your horse is and your achievements :). Well Done on the x-country :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Ignore them, they're jealous. Next time they say "really??" or how easy it was tell them it was a good starting point for your horse who hadn't really got going this year, and that you will be able to go a bit faster at the next one and hopefully win it. Then ask them if they will be entering, it would be nice to have someone to compete against...

julie111

Visit site
Congratulations! I would have been thrilled with those places! Take no notice of them, miserable, jealous so and so's :)

Zero00000

Visit site
He He, Did their eyes turn a nice shade of green?

Book your next outing, and be sure you rub every placing in their face, be proud of your girl, and be proud of yourself, at least you get up and out, and bring home the winnings too :D

Oh and BTW, where are the photos?

Branna

Visit site
Such a shame when people have to be like that rather than supporting of each other on a livery yard... Well done, it sounds like a fantastic outing and you should be proud.

9tails

Visit site
DEFINITELY jealousy! When you hear remarks like "What, THAT horse?" say "I know, isn't she an absolute cracker!" then sashay off.

flojo

Visit site
I'd been over the moon with those results..if I were brave enough to try it :)

Like everyone has said the remarks from the yard are down to jealousy.

AmieeT

Visit site
Ignore them, I'd be chuffed too!!

My boy is 19 and a XC machine- I'm only just learning to jump though (makes for an interesting 'first jump' experience :D )

Unfortunately there are always those who have nasty things to say.

Well done!!

Ax

skint1

Visit site
My advice here is... never allow people, especially yard people, to burst your balloon! , life is too short, and horses lives even shorter, so if you have a good, honest horse that suits you, enjoy it! Glad you and your horse did well, and wishing you many more good times.