Pictures Fig retires from poncing...

nikkimariet

Visit site
I don't post much on here these days, but as his story started on HHO initially, I feel like it's the done thing.

Fig has taken me on a whirlwind exracer style climb up the dressage totem pole, after he began life in Aus, moving to Japan and then to the UK (running 28 times I believe).

I remember his weedy early days as he finished his first career and began his next (Dec 2011/Jan 2012). He's finished on a high out at Inter 2, after completing a strong Inter 1 test at the Hartpury Winter Champs.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Together we've:

- competed Regionals Prelim-Advanced Medium
- competed Area Festivals Novice-Inter 1
- top 10 placings at High Profiles
- top 10 placings at Premier Leagues
- ROR Elementary and Medium champion

6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

We've won sashes, rugs, trophies... Scored over 70% countless times. Even scored over 80%! Jumping... Beach trips... Galloping... Sidesaddle!

He's just so cool. But he's had enough of the 'sit and push' game. I owe him absolutely everything. I know what I do because of him, I couldn't have wished for a better sidekick for past 8 years. It makes my throat tight to consider how much heart he's put into dressage for me.

So here's to the next however many years of fun! My King <3

Those of you that keep up to date on FB will know I sold my young WB, for various reasons. So I'm currently enjoying a laid back lifestyle! It's very strange, but fits in nicely with some studying I need to do for work.

One horse retired, one horse sold, what next? Wait and see :)

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I love the progression seen via pictures ...lovely to hear your appreciation of Fig and the joy he s brought you. Thank you for sharin.

Bernster

Visit site
You both look stunning. Lovely progression and what an amazing career. Impressive. I remember someone saying it wasn’t the same horse haha.

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
That's one heck of a journey and been great to follow your story from a far.
What an amazing partnership to have had. So many goals achieved and dreams come true.

Missed what happened with Nova tho. Hope everything is ok. Maybe join your sister, go to the dark side and get pony to have a prance on 😊

SEL

Visit site
I've enjoyed following you on FB and think with retiring 1 and selling another you've made two big brave decisions - & I'll really look forward to what comes next!

Photos show a great transformation in his muscle tone - he looks fabulous.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Thanks guys, I'm sad to hang up my tails for a few years but I'm not sad to retire Fig. He really is just incredible and he has nothing left to prove. I remember every first test at each level with him. I remember the high points and the low points. I wouldn't change a thing.

I've already said this line but if there's one wish I could grant, it's to have had him a few years earlier in his first career. I know he wanted to go all the way to the top, his body just won't allow it.

I owe him more than to push him to it, it'll only end one way and I'd prefer his company for many years yet.

No one panic, I'm not giving up dressage in the slightest :D

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Happy retirement Fig!
What an amazing journey those pictures show. Here's to your next adventure 😁

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
doesnt look like the same horse, you did a great job with him and its nice he can retire sound and enjoy chilling out....what an achievement..

Pinkvboots

Visit site
You have both had an amazing journey and you should be proud of yourself, I wish him a happy retirement and look forward to hear about what you get up to next:)

Northern

Visit site
What a great example of what retraining a TB can do, and just a little proud that he was bred here in Australia ;) I hope you enjoy many years of fun together going forward!

I just looked up his breeding, no wonder he's gone so far :D The photo below is of his "half sister" from his dam still racing here :) Family resemblance perhaps?

1564874667338.png

Reactions: TPO

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Really enjoyed following your story with him, I found it really inspirational. Hope he has a happy retirement. I look forwardto your next project.

Surbie

Visit site
I've loved following your story with Fig, you've done so much! With all the tales about horses being pushed too far, it's so good to hear someone calling time before they have to. Well done Fig and happy retirement!

marmalade88

Visit site
Wow, what a wonderful story. I must say it's a bit of inspiration to, my ex-racer and I are at the start of our journey! Can I ask how old he was when you got him?

Also interesting to see him in a grackle as I have just tried my boy in one and the difference from a cavesson or drop is quite stark - in a positive way. What a wonderful story to see after my terrible schooling session last night! Thank you for sharing your journey. I hope Fig has a wonderful retirement.

Nicnac

Visit site
Aw Figgy - a HHO legend. Amazing journey so far and I'm sure you'll have much fun with him in the future just chillin'.

Leandy

Visit site
I haven't followed you but love the progression shown in those images. Just goes to show how much a horse can develop his physique through correct, progressive training.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Thanks all, he's a real mummy's boy and teachers pet. First time in the school in a month today, just for a leg stretch and he was good as gold. I do love him so much.

4faults

Visit site
He’s a credit to you and your hard work. It’s been lovely to watch your journey and see how you have developed together