Finally found a horse!

GLW

Visit site
Hello all!

Some of you were kind enough to sympathise with me a little while ago when I was searching for a horse and having trouble. I am happy to say that after 4 months and 5 vettings I took delivery of a lovely (sound!) mare last night. I'm slightly in shock as after all this time it has suddenly happened very quickly, I have had to borrow a stable rug and I am in desperate need of a saddle but I'm thrilled to have her.

I kindly allowed her to step on my foot earlier today so I've a lovely bruise coming as a memento of our first 24 hours together...

Now I know I'm not allowed to post this without a photo, so please see below which was taken last week when I tried her. I haven't taken any photos of her since she arrived at the yard as I have been too busy looking at her but suffice to say it doesn't do her justice and please don't look at me on her!

photo1_zps2f655c41.jpg

Nicnac

Visit site
Aw - she looks a sweetie (and you will make many friends on here due to orange matchymatchy saddlepad) ;)

Hope you have loads of fun with her

GLW

Visit site
Oh dear it's all moving too fast for me, my head still isn't on straight. The orange saddle pad is not mine, but don't fear I have 3(!) purple ones...

Thank you for your replies it means a lot as I don't really have any horsey friends so while people are lovely and happy for me they don't understand how excited I am!

GLW

Visit site
She is 16.1 and 8 years old, we're going to a little bit of everything I hope but I'm not a competitive rider at all, so just for my own enjoyment.

My instructor met her today and is very pleased with her so that was a relief! I'm just trying to find my feet at the livery yard as I'm not sure how everything is done yet, but the other liveries have been really kind and helpful, especially a lovely lady and her daughter who have only recently come to the yard.

It's been a pretty exhausting process so I'm ecstatic that it has worked out. Still can't quite believe she's mine!

EDITED to say that I am going to bed now as I barely slept last night due to excitement and worry, but I will check back in the morning. Thanks again for all the lovely comments

Last edited: