First 2019 weekend plans

Wheels

Visit site
Dressage and SJ, can't see me getting the bottle for XC.....

Thanks

|Fiona

Whilst you are going SJ at the meadows on Saturday why not hire the XC arena and pop around at your own pace?

Don't forget that portmore are also doing arena eventing ( although I'm assuming it's just jumping and no dressage)

mavandkaz

Visit site
Showjumping again for me on Sunday, going to attempt our first ever 80cm competition course 😱 jumped round a full up 80 at a hired course on Monday and he was really good so going for it. We need to start them at some point! Nervous though...
Going to do the 70cm first to check he's ok (after last Friday...) and to get our confidence up. He's had a little clip too so he won't be too sweaty in between classes now!

This sounds exactly like what I will be doing next weekend! Have jumped a few 70's and got a bit stuck, but after a good lesson this week think I will brave it and move up to 80cm.
Good luck!

Before that though we are off to BCA on Saturday for BD. Will be our first one in 3 months after he tweeked something and just hasn't been quite right, so am looking forward to being out again. Not so much looking forward to the 2 hour wait in the cold between classes.

Chippers1

Visit site
This sounds exactly like what I will be doing next weekend! Have jumped a few 70's and got a bit stuck, but after a good lesson this week think I will brave it and move up to 80cm.
Good luck!

Good luck too! I just keep thinking...It's only 10cm bigger...It's only 10cm bigger...

Fiona

Visit site
Whilst you are going SJ at the meadows on Saturday why not hire the XC arena and pop around at your own pace?

Don't forget that portmore are also doing arena eventing ( although I'm assuming it's just jumping and no dressage)

Might do that, or maybe during the week.

Yes portmore arena eventing starts this Sunday I think, but F is doing East Down PC triathlon, so we will be swimming and running instead of ponies lol

Fiona

vmac66

Visit site
Pipework clinic on Saturday then am off the following week. Have a couple of lessons booked with my instructor so Indie is in for a shock

dixie

Visit site
Well if my new horse keeps his blimming shoes on (he’s lost 3 in the 8 weeks I’ve had him) I’ve got a sj lesson planned for Sunday with a new teacher and new venue. I’ve not jumped for almost two years apart from Two weeks agoto say I’m rusty is an understatement 😬

Wheels

Visit site
Sounds like fun Dixie.

But you have jinxed me! M has lost a shoe in the field today!

Thankfully my farrier is in the area tomorrow and will come to sort him out. Now I have to do a field search as I don't want any more nail standing on incidents lol

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I'm being railroaded (at work morning break) into doing two intro tests on a hhoer's horse I have just cantered about.

The main snag being beige breeches and their lack of stretch ;) almost like I've not needed them the last couple of years.. I can do navy and grasmeres :p much more sensible.

Denbob

Visit site
Dressage lesson for beastie - might be entering our first out and about competition in a few weeks so need whipping into shape. Only unaff intro but we managed an at home show almost bang on a year ago for the same test so will be a useful comparison! That's providing I can bribe someone for a lift...

albeg

Visit site
Quiet enough weekend planned for me. Will give B a jump on Saturday, and try get myself out for a run. Weather depending I might clean his legs, he's currently a bit like a few ponies pieced together - shiny white body, dark grey head and neck and grey/brown legs. Need to try find something to help with that as once the competition season starts we're going to have great fun. 🙄

Sunday will be an early start to get him ridden before a TREC meeting in the early afternoon.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Stay warm all!

Our forecast for the next week is looking rather warm getting up to about 37C, so there will be lots of riding when the temperatures suit. It could be worse I guess, so I wont complain. This weekend is a quiet one for us as we got out and about a lot over the chrissy break.

Might take the horses for a paddle down at the river though, maybe a jump too. We shall see!

Beach 31-12-18.jpg

JFTDWS

Visit site
Good luck for yard moves, photo shoots, sunny beach rides :mad:, TREC training and all the fun stuff!

I'll be putting on hacking miles, freezing my backside off, and trying to plot some outings for later in the month. I need to get on with it and get her out a bit, but by choice I'd be doing little jumping or polework clinics, and of course I can't find any until March now :rolleyes:

I'm being railroaded (at work morning break) into doing two intro tests on a hhoer's horse I have just cantered about.

The main snag being beige breeches and their lack of stretch ;) almost like I've not needed them the last couple of years.. I can do navy and grasmeres :p much more sensible.

Damn, I could've bought my orange one to do a test and drag the class scores down a bit :p Dressage is dull, but it's more fun in a group! (I presume you're riding M?)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
*wail* sooooo cold here and I want to be galloping along a beach in the sunshine, not wearing 2 million layers of clothing!

Whizzed out for arena hire with K this morning, she was a bit of a spooky wally because the weeds in the field next door had frosty white bits on :rolleyes: and looked different :eek: but was altogether softer and easier to relax than she was on Monday at Stourport. So a bit more progress made, easier to control the piris, didn't get bogged off with and she let me into the trot more. 13 1s on the diagonal today... when it gets more established I am guessing we will be able to address the fluency/straightness... for now its quite enough to think about just getting them ;) anyway, have a giggle at our interim efforts! :oops:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Absolutely no giggling here MP, that is seriously impressive!!!!!!

Topaz managed normal clean changes and didn't deck me when I picked up the whip the other day, that's as advanced as we are currently lol.

PS also massively unimpressed with the cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Poor Northern copping the blame!

Sorrynotsorry, I have the same when it's freezing here... Happy to share the nice warm weather with everyone too ;)

Oh gosh sorry - was clearly not so awake 😂 (and probably affected by the -5 degree temp...that's what it is here btw 😢). Though you're both as bad as each other at this time of year!

Anyway, enjoy your sun....grrr...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Good luck for yard moves, photo shoots, sunny beach rides :mad:, TREC training and all the fun stuff!

I'll be putting on hacking miles, freezing my backside off, and trying to plot some outings for later in the month. I need to get on with it and get her out a bit, but by choice I'd be doing little jumping or polework clinics, and of course I can't find any until March now :rolleyes:

Damn, I could've bought my orange one to do a test and drag the class scores down a bit :p Dressage is dull, but it's more fun in a group! (I presume you're riding M?)

Yes, the one I’ve mostly cantered in straight lines before ;) .... and bigger breeches have been collected by Jesstickle this morning so fingers crossed though I will take Navys in case. Let it never be said I’m not spontaneous :p. I did plan to carry on painting the stairs this weekend :p

DirectorFury

Visit site
Kira looking amazing as always MP!

The weekend started early here because I was bored of marking ;).
Heat forming hoof boots failed as I left the hot air gun at home! So she wore the old SGs instead and I was checking to see if they were still on her feet every 5 seconds. Hoof boot people - is there ever a stage where you don't do this?

We just did a little 2 mile walk down the bottom bridlepath and turned for home before it got really stony as she needs back boots for that. There was only one near-death-experience-teleport at a bush :rolleyes: and some very suspicious white rocks got snorted at. On the last little stretch to the yard she did what might be the best trot in the 5 years I've owned her; really reaching into my hand with an open throatlatch. Shame the bit she's in isn't DR legal! She'll have a day off tomorrow and then the same again Sunday.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

blitznbobs

Visit site
*Drum roll* my trainer has bullied me long enough -last night I joined BD ... huge step for me I’ve not competed due to having little kids for 4 years but new instructor got cross with me cos cobbo is so good now he deserves to be seen apparently (think she wants me to do the gypsy cob thing as well as the mainstream stuff) so barring disasters I will be entering a novice with him at the end of jan - she said take him out at elementary but I’m sticking to slow and steady - we’ll see how we do and progress up from there

Henry horse (big baby but officially 6 now ) having never really seen an arena can now trot in a rhythm with a bend or straight (at my behest) on both reins - his canter is naturally very good and we have a baby canter transition now and he’s going to his first training clinic in 2 weeks so I really could do with checking he loads... of he does he’s ‘as sold’ which will be a blinking miracle cos I was told he was ‘perfectly behaved’ which I never believe ... but it seems I’ve found a gooden... I’ll update you on the loading issue 😉

*update* he loads - he literally jumped onto the trailer... I think he was a bit disappointed when I took him straight off again as it was purely a ‘trial load’ I was expecting him to be a bit sticky as he’d never been on a trailer to my knowledge but it was a bit the opposite he needs to slow down a bit.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Yes, the one I’ve mostly cantered in straight lines before ;) .... and bigger breeches have been collected by Jesstickle this morning so fingers crossed though I will take Navys in case. Let it never be said I’m not spontaneous :p. I did plan to carry on painting the stairs this weekend :p

I've schooled her - she's very nice, just a bit looky (which makes me feel right at home, like being on a big, orange Fergus!). I don't think we managed to get into one of the corners the whole time :D But she's good fun, I'd happily take her dressaging :p

Chippers1

Visit site
So she wore the old SGs instead and I was checking to see if they were still on her feet every 5 seconds. Hoof boot people - is there ever a stage where you don't do this?

Nope! My old pony wore them, the best was when I wore them hunting, looked down to find one missing then an hour later came across it again standing perfectly upright and velcroed up in the middle of a field 😅
He only needed them for stony paths and the hunt was mainly fields so wasn't too bad to lose during! I was annoyed I would have to replace them though so I was so happy I found it.

rara007

Visit site
Well 2019 has started :D My head wasn't in the game so a fairy well deserved 2 middle of the class tests (9th/27 and about 10th/15) tests with low 60 scores. The only way (almost!) is up!

49439910_10161106342885648_1381759178908893184_n.jpg