First 2019 weekend plans

blood_magik

Visit site
My local course builder built me a new course on Thursday so I had a lesson on Blue and then one on Beau first thing this morning before my BE U18 hire arrived. Managed to get Raz ridden during their lunch break so I have the rest of the afternoon free 🙌

Henry is being dropped off at the Dick tomorrow afternoon so I’ll probably lunge my three in the morning. I’ll hopefully be able to pick him up Monday lunch time.

Hope everyone has a good weekend 🙂

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Went into the barn this morning to find a bubbly little mare, after three days off because of back to work blah, she was very keen to Do Something 😁.

So threw her tack on with some trepidation, and tried to keep up with her as she marched out to the school. I climbed on board, sat for a minute and took a deep breath before putting my leg on. And....she was perfect....soft, responsive, calm...she really is a cracking little horse, one day I might stop underestimating her :oops:. We did some work on half-halting to go round corners properly, which she was starting to get the hang of quite well, so then decided to do canter transitions :eek:. I've largely stayed away from canter (apart from checking that she could do it ok) so far as she's such a fiery, sparky little thing that I thought sorting balance, rhythm and half halts should be vaguely established in trot before adding canter into the mix! We had a couple of road runner runs into canter and then she got the hang and did a couple of proper, grown-up canter transitions 😁. Clever baby mare. Might take her out for some arena hire before too long :cool:

Hope everyone's weekends are going well!

Asha

Visit site
My weekend suddenly got very expensive..... A saddle I have been waiting for came in. Woop woop. I am now the skint and proud owner of a lovely new jump saddle. Well old.... but new to me! Just in time for an arena eventing clinic in the morning.
Oohhh , you can’t beat having a new saddle . I feel so much more secure in mine . Good luck tomorrow

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Hopefully another old hhoer has some pics, they pop up everywhere ;), and are very useful! Quite pleased as panicked a bit yesterday as so out of practice test learning/have never done the intros and it’s harder when it’s just trot, trot some more, keep trotting I think! So I spent an hour at 9pm last night trotting round my living room rug (callers weren’t allowed for one of the tests). One of the team did well, the two thoroughbreds would have rather been hunting I think!

Fiona

Visit site
Well done ester and dab dab..... Good luck with the new saddle AE x

Fionn and j had a super morning out SJ. Spooky venue, loads of hoardings round the edges, and loads of fillers.

Jumped a lovely DC in the 60cm, and just 2 unlucky poles off uprights in the 70cm.

Very pleased with him, barring him landing on the wrong leg most of the time on the R rein, but we can work on that at home.

Got shouted at by a woman in warm up because I passed her on the outside after she was 3m in on the inside track, seemingly she was on a young horse that kicked, but no sign of a red or green ribbon so I'm not sure how I could have known...

F hasn't ridden, because he is in foul form after a late night at PC awards last night.

We will all hack tomorrow after we get home from F's PC triathlon...

Fiona

Ambers Echo

Visit site
View attachment 28699No action shots as I look pants . It’s great having someone video you but it does show up all your issues 😊😊 so a nice smiley photo as we both blinking loved it . Seriously can’t wait to have another go. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend x

Great smile! Looks like you were both having a great time.

Chippers1

Visit site
Well done Fiona! Mine often lands on the wrong lead too, sometimes he corrects, sometimes we just carry on disunited as the jump comes up too quickly!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Well done everyone 😄
The orange girls have moved and new YO seems (so far) remarkably sensible, met a few other liveries and unpacked most of the stuff.
Can't get the smell of horse piss off my hands from cleaning the rubber mats but I suppose it will fade in time 😂
House move continues tomorrow. It's gin o' clock now, we're both exhausted ! 🍸

Wheels

Visit site
That's good to know MP, hopefully you have found one of those elusive yards with a sane YO lol

Fiona that's brill, all ready now for next week? But you really must learn to read minds in the warm up if you want to SJ. She sounds delightful!

My tow car passed the MOT so yay! Means my plans for the next few weeks can go ahead :)

Chippers1

Visit site
Woo hoo did our first competitive 80 and he was brilliant! One stop at a very scary flame filler just off a corner but went straight back over it. This put us 8th out of 11 so not last!!! Have to work on the whole being disunited thing though... he enjoys himself too much to listen to me sometimes! Im just so happy we got round though.
Also did a 70 before which was clear and we came 4th out of 14!! too slow this time, last time we were too fast so slowed it down a bit, obviously too much!

Last edited:

Silverglen

Visit site
Know how frustrating moving horses and moving house at the same time. We moved my horse directly after his surgery last year and moved house not long after. And made it worse by not being able to find anywhere to live til the last minute.

I've been schooling my horse. Had a lesson on Saturday and my instructor rode first as she's been schooling him. Working on fixing my position to ride my horse better as she can see why I get scared sometimes because of how he moves (he's a weird horse). Rode today too and kept working on my position issues.

rosiesowner

Visit site
Flying onto the thread to post this before I hop in a warm bath as I am full of cold!

Well, it seemed like the fates didn't want us to get to our first comp of the year as the trailer wheels had frozen. Quick smack on the nuts with a hammer and we were good to go. Chilli loaded well on the way there and travelled nicely with her new friend Dom. On the way back she trotted up the ramp and self loaded?!?! What?!?! Oh well, not complaining!! We only did one test so that we could be quickly in and out and home. I was pleased with how she went considering she hadn't been out for a month. The bloke also came along for his first horse show experience and didn't hate it too much ;) No results yet as we are getting our sheets posted as didn't fancy a three hour wait and they are yet to put them online... Come on Port Royal! Here are some photos and a quick video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
49693328_1127287950764184_4703680189228384256_o.jpg

49256027_1127287990764180_8309941194322870272_o.jpg

Bonus pic of mum being chuffed with her reversing :p
49579467_1127287794097533_7161062688460636160_o.jpg

Then today we went for a gorgeous sunny stroll. OH groomed while I mucked out and did a great job leading her round randomly :p Think he's starting to enjoy it as he asks to do stuff. Bonus cute pic of them below:
49790859_1128065204019792_7354571383419961344_o.jpg

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend!! Xx

Wheels

Visit site
That looked like a nice bit of test RO

Glad you had a good day out

back to work tomorrow morning and I've somehow managed to pick up an awful cold, I try and avoid people as much as possible but was in the hairdressers on friday and the stylist was sneezing so must have got it then. I usually ride in the mornings before work or go to the gym but I think I will lie on as long as possible instead

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Well done Chippers and Rosie's Owner! And well done on getting your white horse so CLEAN!!

I could not be prouder of Amber and Dolly today. I was in full on fake-it-till-you-make-it-mode. I kept hearing the comments like 'I hate owl holes', 'I'm just not feeling great today', 'my horse is being spooky and silly today this is going to be a nightmare' etc etc and realised how easy it is to talk ourselves into having a difficult time. My bug bear has been skinnies. So when we were sent down a 100cm line ending on a tall, very skinny skinny it was really hard not to express doubts or get side-tracked by them. And we did it first time of asking! Luckily she can ping 100cm from trot :p I also dropped a rein through the owl hole. Oops. I tried to slip them forgetting I had knotted them. Cue emergency 1 rein stop!! Amber was very good bless her.

And baby-pony was just awesome. She was FLYING. Short clip attached. What a cracking little pony she is. Jenny on the other hand had some very uncharacteristic stops so physio for her next week to see if anything is going on.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Silverglen

Visit site
That's ace chippers!

Sounds like a great lesson sg :)

It was. :) She is an amazing instructor and knows so much, but can actually teach you well. Find some instructors are great riders but can't really teach that well. Plus she knows my horse well and why I struggle with him. Lack of confidence doesn't help which I need to get over as he wouldn't actually do anything.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Well it was definitely warm here over the weekend, but I managed to squeeze a ride in around avoiding being outside. Luckily it didn't hit 40C so I'm happy. I don't like functioning about 35, too hard!

Henry and I had a nice little jump, he put in a super effort and we jumped some decent fences after hubby put them up higher than I anticipated. I was pleased though because it all felt very easy and neither of us were bothered about anything. I also managed to talk myself out of entering a competition in favour of taking a lesson with the money instead. Part of me wants to get gung-ho about getting out and about and the other part is firmly in holiday mode!

Henry jump Jan 2018.jpg