First 2019 weekend plans

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Chilli looks fab RO, please do let us know how you placed :)
AE that pony looks fabulous, did not look fazed at all by anything - Awesome!!

Hunting was COLD on sat, i decided to go last minute so didn't have a chance to clip Lily however think it befitted us as she didn't sweat up much at all and it was bloomin' freezing, she looked very smug being the only fluffy warm horse there- the fully clipped were shivering on top on the common.
Clipped her on Sunday as shes now in harder work and will be out hunting for the rest of the season ,shes never been clipped before so wasn't sure what to expect.. but she just stood there like a rock even let me do her face o_O
I was and still am aching all over on Sunday, we stayed out all day on Saturday so Rocky had a weekend off schooling which I'm sure he was very happy about!!!

Complimentary pictures of the fluff ball!!
oh and please excuse the pink deniro spur straps.. left my 'competition' black spur straps at home :rolleyes:

IMG_8388.JPG

IMG_8411.jpg

Ambers Echo

Visit site
OMG - what an awesome baby pony AE......

I want to see your video now of you jumping the owl hole :)

Fiona

She's amazing. I don't want to over face her but she appears to be full of enthusiasm and confidence. She did not stop at a single fence throughout the whole clinic. She was jumping corners, skinnies, steps and of course the owl hole! I just need to make sure she stays enthusiastic and confident. It's hard to know how much to ask of a pony who will just give so much!

Re the owl hole - ok then clip attached ..... Don't laugh. Oh actually feel free to laugh -- everyone else did!

Not sure about my new saddle though - it has air in it and I felt like I was bouncing all over the place! (Well even more than usual.)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Denbob

Visit site
Magic AE I love it!! Congrats to all sounds positive all round :)

Baby pony continues to be the apple of my eye, had a lesson with a local dressage trainer (despite feeling like I might drop dead halfway round) and we had some real actual adult canter transitions - and a few steps of lateral! I have been told by two seperate instructors now to pull my finger out and start trusting him more and move on from simply "yay we got canter!!!!!!" and falling apart and getting flat and long to expecting canter when I ask and starting to ask a bit more.

Struggling with suppleness particularly on the right rein so lots of homework on that, but gold star for beastie and hot bath for me (my hips have only just recovered).

Bernster

Visit site
Your horse looks so happy to be out hunting BR2. It must be damn chilly at the moment. And Amber is such a good girl, that owl howl jump is brilliant! Well done.

Asha

Visit site
Every little person needs a pony like Dolly, shes amazing ! they have a great bond already. Loved the clip of you going through the owl hole, had to watch in twice it made me chuckle.

humblepie

Visit site
Well done all and some lovely pictures. We ventured out to some more BD and got some more regional points so yeah. Were working on forwardness so lost some roundness but I can only think of one thing at a time. Had a fun day as a friend came with me and we eat lots of stollen and other Christmas goodies on the drive home.

DressageCob

Visit site
She's amazing. I don't want to over face her but she appears to be full of enthusiasm and confidence. She did not stop at a single fence throughout the whole clinic. She was jumping corners, skinnies, steps and of course the owl hole! I just need to make sure she stays enthusiastic and confident. It's hard to know how much to ask of a pony who will just give so much!

Re the owl hole - ok then clip attached ..... Don't laugh. Oh actually feel free to laugh -- everyone else did!

Not sure about my new saddle though - it has air in it and I felt like I was bouncing all over the place! (Well even more than usual.)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's so funny 😆 Still looks great though. And that voice sounds like one of my favourite XC instructors...I'm not sure if it is though. I have a video with a similar voice (belonging to an instructor with initials MM) shouting kick kick kick kick kiiiiiiiiiiick well done on the coffin at Somerford

Out of interest, how busy was it in the arena? I keep hovering over booking on a clinic there but am a bit worried about horses coming at me from all directions. My big cob is a wuss with other horses and the little one is now blind on one side so I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to take either of them!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
That's so funny 😆 Still looks great though. And that voice sounds like one of my favourite XC instructors...I'm not sure if it is though. I have a video with a similar voice (belonging to an instructor with initials MM) shouting kick kick kick kick kiiiiiiiiiiick well done on the coffin at Somerford

Out of interest, how busy was it in the arena? I keep hovering over booking on a clinic there but am a bit worried about horses coming at me from all directions. My big cob is a wuss with other horses and the little one is now blind on one side so I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to take either of them!

Yes that's MM! On the Dolly clip you can hear her go steady woah, woah WOAH where her voice is clearer. I love her clinics. She is fab. It was not at all crowded. She only has 4 in a clinic and when people are teaching other groups stay out of the way. Some people who just hire it can be bl00dy rude though. Maddy was at the water stood against a fence teaching and a woman came in at canter and jumped the fence she was leaning against without giving her any chance to move out of the way! But that has only happened the once. Otherwise it's always been fine.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Hello! For those who wanted to know, Chilli got a 3rd. Got our sheet and rosette through the post yesterday. If it wasn't for the two 5s that we got for halting in the trot to walk transition and subsequent hurried free walk, we would have had a second! Oh well, something to work on for next time :D

Awesome!! Very well done.

Fiona

Visit site
Brilliant RO... Well done x x

F had a good weekend too, he won his under 8 section of the PC triathlon on Sunday, and we heard on Tuesday that he won his section of the online dressage competition too... We filmed it at the end of the Christmas hols.

Fiona