First comp report in many many months...

miss_c

Visit site
Yesterday I did my first competition in about 7 months... and it wasn't with Genie! Sadly back in May she damaged the lateral branch of her suspensory ligament and we are still on the long road to recovery - I can now ride her and we have introduced a few short trots.

So, everyone say hello to Bug, she is a 15.2hh 7 year old mare, half Welsh Sec D, 1/4 Warmblood (Foxcourt Andante) and 1/4 TB although I've not found that bit yet! She came home on Bonfire Night, spent two weeks in isolation (yard policy), and then we have slowly been getting to know each other while her fitness has built up. So yesterday we went to a local unaff dressage for our first competition together. As I have done so much with Genie I did ask the venue first if they would be happy to accept my entry or if they wanted me to go HC, but they were happy.

x2m9tj.jpg

I had three aims for the day... Be calm, behave, don't fall off. We had entered the Intro B for a no-stress first class, followed by Prelim 7, but I went with the plan of withdrawing from the second if she behaved in the first.

Well oh my goodness she behaved! A few spooky moments in the warmup and a look at a few things, but she soon settled to work well. We were left alone in the warmup which she wasn't worried by and she stayed calm when she went indoors to the test arena. The test itself was green with a few wobbles but nothing horrific and I was absolutely over the moon with her so immediately told them I would not be presenting her for the second test. Aims were achieved and (to non-horsey Mum's horror) she was taken back to the lorry, given a carrot, and her net (and a lot of fuss!).

We went to the scoreboards and I was so pleased to find that we had posted 67.39% (I would have been very happy with 65% for the test we did). In the end we won the class by 1 mark and were one of only two entrants to break the 60% barrier, scores went right down into the 40s... No more Intros for her now, her next outing will be Prelims only and I plan to affiliate her in the new year.

15hd5eb.jpg

25fu8gm.jpg

34hhx6c.jpg

23r4vvp.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
Such a shame about Genie, she seemed like a cracking little horse. I hope she makes a full recovery though. Well done on your new ride though, and look forward to hearing how you get on. That's great that you took it slow and just did the first, am sure it would be tempting to do more as she did so well, but there's always another day and another comp !

miss_c

Visit site
What a gorgeous girl!!

Whats her back ground, has she done much prior coming to you?

And congrats on the fab first outing!

Thank you! She's spent her whole life at the stud that bred her, and has done a little bit of showing and riding club but not much and not for a while, so baby steps for now!

Ohhh, like the new pony :)

I miss reading about Genie, fingers crossed she comes good, sounds like you are getting there.

We are... we are hopeful of a return to full work, but she owes me nothing and if she can only be a hack then that is what she shall be!

Congratulations, very nice type, look forward to following her progress.

Thank you! I'm rather besotted with her...

I like her a lot! What has she done previously?

She's done a bit of showing and RC, but not much. The bit of showing she did she got very good results, so I may return to the show ring next season after a few years out of it!

Such a shame about Genie, she seemed like a cracking little horse. I hope she makes a full recovery though. Well done on your new ride though, and look forward to hearing how you get on. That's great that you took it slow and just did the first, am sure it would be tempting to do more as she did so well, but there's always another day and another comp !

Genie is my superstar and always will be, she's my horse of a lifetime. :) Touch wood she should come back to full work but time will tell. My thoughts exactly with Bug, no rush or hurry and we had the best first outing possible!

Here's a picture of Genie at the moment... as you can see she is incredibly hairy, muddy and happy...

o9mm52.jpg

kinnygirl1

Visit site
I love your new girl... I think she hasa bit of a look of Genie actually. Hope G is better soon. Well done on your score.