First Horse-How do you know he is "The One"

hoggedmane

Visit site
I'm probably not much help either as I've had four horses myself but have never replied to an advert for one. Didn't try the first two at all and rode 3rd one for 20 mins in school before I said I'd have him.

First pony bought for me and was in her stable on Christmas day with a note in her bridle. - She was a saint and perfect first pony.
2nd pony arrived on loan after having been out of work for 18months after having a foal. Bought her 2 years later.
3rd horse was on yard and being advertised for £6K. The girls mother got fed up paying the livery and said she's take £1500 to get rid of him so I had him.
4th horse I was helping at a yard my friend kept her horse at by excersing for them. Friend rang to say they had a lovely mare in that I would like (they were dealers too) and sure enough I did and bought her too.

I have bought two through ads for my daughter and neither were a real success - in fact the second was a disaster. I am dreading having to look for a replacement for my mare (she is 22 now)

Good luck - I think it is a minefield buying.

MissJessica

Visit site
Thank you for all of your comments.

I went with my gut instinct & I bought him...he arrived at the same time as the snow! Then....the hurricane winds....he has been spooky in the school, but it is all new to him. Last night was the first time I've taken him in the school & he didn't spook once! We're sticking to walk & a few little trots & just getting to know each other, circles, figures of 8, serpentines etc... my other half has been cantering him.
I've learnt to lunge & been playing the first 3 parelli games on the ground & I've booked a lesson with my instructor for Monday, just to give me confidence in the spooky areas of the school.
I know we'll grow together as I do aspire to take him out to shows & fun xc days, hunter trials & I know when I'm ready, he is more than capable!

THANK YOU!!!!!