First horse, not for a novice!

Pippity

Visit site
I've had it for about the same - it's a complete bear, isn't it? I can cope with the pain, courtesy of vast amounts of ibuprofen/co-codamol, but I haven't found anything to treat the brainfog!

But the fact that you're able to cope with having a horse gives me hope that I'll be able to do the same one day!

Guinevere

www.facebook.com
Thanks Booboos, taken her feed right down but will be adding the micronised linseed and a vitamin supplement soon. The yard would just like to see how she gets on before we add anything new xxx

Guinevere

www.facebook.com
Well guess what! New yard and new routine = new horse!

Just heard from instructor and despite being very unfit she was no problem to lunge at all! Despite being really bad at previous yard. So happy! Going to watch on Sunday, tomorrow they're going to add a roller and work up to the equiami. She did some short canter on each rein but mainly walk and trot transitions. So happy! Xxx

Guinevere

www.facebook.com
Will take more pics and a vid this weekend but look at her already, I was sent this pic of her today of her lungeing! She had been lunged without the EquiAmi by my yard owner and then progressed onto it. She's been using the EquiAmi for 3 days now and no problems still, she already looks more muscled to me! Can't wait to give her a big hug <3 Absolutely over the moon xxx

549352_10151560593284809_61295563_n.jpg

Guinevere

www.facebook.com
Hey guys! Well I thought I'd update you again and let you know how we're getting on. I'm now riding Guin!!!!! She is worked 6 days a week by our yard owner who has brought her on leaps and bounds and she doesn't buck anymore, rarely head shakes, and is much more manageable. Change of diet, routine, and regular exercise is really agreeing with her, so thankful to our new yard. She's on Oestress which has really calmed her down whereas the calmer we used before did nothing. Very happy, here's some pictures from today. We are continuing our work in the school and are both much happier. Long may it continue!

407158_10151665526699809_560183721_n.jpg

603669_10151665527094809_1877608048_n.jpg

Guinevere

www.facebook.com
Thank you! I find it so hard to smile when riding because I'm trying not to squeal with joy and upset her but my heart is absolutely beaming and I do a little dance when I get off hehe xxx

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Thanks for updating. Its so nice to hear that things are going so well for you both.

Have to say that the credit for your progress is entirely yours. You took the trouble to get informed and took positive action, so many people just don't do that and end up not enjoying their hobby and have a miserable horse.

Your horse is very lucky to have an owner like you.

Nicnac

Visit site
What a lovely update. She looks fantastic - all credit to you persevering. Lucky horse that she found you.

Guinevere

www.facebook.com
Thank you so much, I had been told by so many people to sell her but I just couldn't, I couldn't let her down as she'd been let down in the past. It has taken a good 4 months to get her to where she is now and she still has a long way to go (next week we introduce the whip to speed her up a little as she isn't responsive to the leg and goes at "Guin's pace" as we call it, but she is being ridden with a whip in hand with no contact at the moment to slowly introduce her to it to make sure tapping on the shoulder is comfortable for her and that she knows it's not a method of pain. I am planning on having her scoped when her ridden work is a bit futher along, for her headshaking, but it has dramatically decreased (sometimes none at all!) with regular exercise so it could potentially be fitness related so we'll see how we go. She isn't insured for head shaking now as the previous owners vet records showed us she'd had it since 2011 which isn't great, and they didn't tell us... but I don't care anymore, I've been upset about the untruths which mean't I couldn't make Guin happy, but the more she is worked and the firmer the routine is put in place, the happier she is and that is paramount to me <3 Thank you all for your support xxx

scheherazade

Visit site
What a lovely update. And such a lovely attitude too, your horse has really landed on her feet to find an owner like you. I really jope that everything works out well for your both and yoru partnership continues to grow. Good luck x

Guinevere

www.facebook.com
Thanks so much, there are times I felt like throwing the towel in but I thought she would face the same problems on future homes and how could I sell her in such a state? With the constant support of my Mum, the benefits of hard work are paying off in love and happiness from Guin and hopefully she continues to be happy, that's the most important thing <3 xxx