Flatwork clinics - Glos/Hfds/Worcs?

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
Me and Boo are looking for a flatwork clinic (or several!) to go to...

I'd like it to be quite low key as the idea is to get her out and about with other horses in a controlled environment before we start competing properly - we don't need to be contending with manic collecting rings just yet!

Any ideas?

kick_On

Visit site
why do you look at your local rc clubs and see what they have to offer aswell??? as they will use 'the names' and also good local ones - idea for young horse

Acolyte

Visit site
PMSL - I thought 'oh thats my area' then noticed who had posted it!

I would look at Bromyard and FODEC, they regularly have clinics?

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
Our most active local RC is Cheltenham and District I think, which are heavily involved with Home Farm EC. I went there and did a flatwork/polework clinic and found it pleasant enough but a waste of money in that I was told to 'keep doing what you are doing' and not given any advice at all, despite me prompting for suggestions!
crazy.gif

Which other RC's are local? Malvern Hills, and other than that my mind has gone blank!
blush.gif

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
Bromyard has only got Mandy Kent jumping clinics listed, which would be great but as I have had to take her shoes off to address her disappearing heels I am avoiding jumping for a while until her hoof capsule is more stable.

Will look at Yorkley now!
grin.gif

kick_On

Visit site
look on bhs website..........

i'm very lucky as one i'm with does have baby classes plus grrr 'get on with it' plus knowledge.
Cos i'm defo in grrrrrrrr 'get on with it', as baby ones sometimes refers to riders not horses!! but hay we're all different

Have a look at Abbey

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
I need someone to 'Grrr' at me to remind me that I actually *can* ride, but not someone who takes that approach with the horses as I have found out (the hard way!) that tackling Boo head on when she disagrees isn't the way to progress!

I hear what you are saying about the baby clinics sometimes attracting novicey riders, I'm wary of them as I can't risk anyone crashing into us
blush.gif

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
Right, have now sent out a ton of emails to local RCs asking what they have on and how well they accommodate baby horses, so wil see what response I get, and then hopefully will be an RC member before too long
grin.gif

Have also got in touch with Abbey for details on their clinics.

Thanks kick_on!
grin.gif

appyjude

Visit site
Just a thought, why not give Mat_B a txt or pM him and see if he will run one..........that way you get exactly what you are wanting.

I am sure my Lavender would LOVE to attend.