Flippin Eck - thread gone?

NicoleS_007

Visit site
I read somewere a while ago that tbs being sold at auctions at a price of 1000 or under that the buyers details would be taken and that they werent allowed to sell them for meat and if they sell the horse on they have to inform these people of the new owners or something, if that makes sense! I defo remember reading this at some stage in my life :rolleyes: any1 else see something like this anywere or was i dreaming :p

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Well that would be the sensible thing to do, but then, if they don't really care anyway....................................... :confused:
I thought that H&H would be the first publication to highlight a welfare problem - seems I was wrong :(

Don't make me laugh! :mad: H & H are the least horse friendly magazine of the lot now; it is no longer run by horse lovers who knew the equine world inside out but by penny counters and advert chasers. It's a horrible thing to say but I genuinely believe that any horse lovers on the staff don't get much of a look in over which issues they tackle, it's all pushed by what brings in the most not by which is interesting and informative as an article on this would be.

Onyxia

Visit site
Well having read the original thread yesterday, I had wondered if it was worth suggesting H & H looked into this with a view to an article on what happens to ex racers. Sadly would seem I would be wasting my breath.:(

Given H&H's position they should have done it a long time ago,not need begging and pushing into it now.

Lets be honest,if it was an old Foxhunter winner going for meat the whole equine world would be in up roar-so why do we accept the huge amount of traveling in sualor that our ex racers have to endure?
For some,I suspect a bullet may be the best thing-but if that is the case it needs to be done here not in France after a horrific journey neglect and abuse.

Tormenta

Visit site
Given H&H's position they should have done it a long time ago,not need begging and pushing into it now.

Lets be honest,if it was an old Foxhunter winner going for meat the whole equine world would be in up roar-so why do we accept the huge amount of traveling in sualor that our ex racers have to endure?
For some,I suspect a bullet may be the best thing-but if that is the case it needs to be done here not in France after a horrific journey neglect and abuse.

Absolutely agree with you!

It is shameful that thread was pulled IMHO.

xebec

Visit site
Don't make me laugh! :mad: H & H are the least horse friendly magazine of the lot now; it is no longer run by horse lovers who knew the equine world inside out but by penny counters and advert chasers. It's a horrible thing to say but I genuinely believe that any horse lovers on the staff don't get much of a look in over which issues they tackle, it's all pushed by what brings in the most not by which is interesting and informative as an article on this would be.

Where's the 'like' button? :)

Changes

Visit site
Wouldn't this forum be the ideal place to start lobbying the BHA, if only we were allowed to mention what we want to stop....

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I still don't quite understand why they have taken the position on this that they have :confused: Oh to whoever it was who said about restrictions on resale of TB's, this would not be possible, once you own a thing outright you can do with it what you want, the only time anything like this could be enforced would be if you only bought a share or portion of the horse, and who would buy that? Also who would police it?

dozzie

Visit site
dont hold your breath C....

this forum is now, sadly, a shadow of its former self....along with the magazine.

Cant really comment on the forum in the distant past but agree that things have got ridiculous. When I joined it was still pretty flexible but maybe not as much as it was previously. But I have seen a change.

As for the magazine...I like to keep up with results and used to prefer the no nonsense approach to veterinary stuff but tbh it is getting a bit too like Your Horse for me now. I suscribe but tbh it often sits unopened for several days whereas in the past I would be waiting for it to arrive.

Maybe we need to start uo a rival mag!

Changes

Visit site
Me too - perhaps they're too scared what might blow up - my guess is the lid on the reality behind where the horses go.

CracklinRosie

Visit site
I have personally spoken to someone on HHO features...concerning a very recent "scoop"..she was very polite, took all the info i had gleaned...some at a little risk to myself...but hey, its the company i "keep"...she did feck all with it....HHO are, sadly, toothless, the WHW are better to some extent, but sadly, and it may come as a BIG shock to some, the RSPCA are the ONLY organisation in the UK that have ANY "LEGAL" powers regrds to horse welfare....

Scary, eh?...yes?....then, we, as horse owners and lovers need to get behind welfare groups like E*F and B*R who REAALY take on cases and aren't afraid of shysters who cry wolf at every opertune moment....

Well said fumanchu.