fly mask that WILL stay ON!! ideas?

Visit site
My cob has very pink skin, the kind that burns!! i have a fly mask with nose net but its off within an hour and torn to pieces - i have tried putting a headcollar over it but she still manages to pull it off. She is impossible to apply cream to her nose - she gets dangerous!! so need ideas for some sort of mask/nose net that stays put and stops the suns rays!!
:) thanks guys

Irishbabygirl

Visit site
Equilibrium fly masks! They are excellent, last for years, and I have one that loves to wiggle out of his and can't manage it! Mine are in the midi's as no white/pink noses but you can get a maxi which covers the nose.

Visit site
They seem more expensive than our usual choice but if it prevents her getting it off and being sunburnt am in!!
Will order one pronto!

Irishbabygirl

Visit site
They seem more expensive than our usual choice but if it prevents her getting it off and being sunburnt am in!!
Will order one pronto!

They are - and I spent years buying cheap fly masks (every few months).

I think about three years ago I got a bonus at work and bought them...and still have them!! I wash them regularly and they are as good as new!

Or give up for this year and buy them this autumn for half the price!

Lil Ferg

Visit site
I would recommend the Rambo Vamoose. I always had the equilibrium full face and they do a good job and last for years however my boy would dump his at least once a day.

As the Equilibrium ones are a bit worse for wear now (had them at least eight years) I thought I would try the Rambo. It's a great fit for my boy and he hasn't dumped it once.

DougalJ

Visit site
Interested to hear that it's not just your cob who is a Houdini when getting fly masks off. My horses field mate is also a cob with a pink nose and he constantly gets the masks off with the velcro done up!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Mines can get the equilibrium one off! It is a good mask, rubs a tiny bit but nothing horrendous. Its only the midi tho

The only mask my girl can take off is the Equilibrium one :mad: She flipped hers off every day. I stick with the Rambo ones now, they last for years :cool: