Fly Rugs which dont slip back

MagicMelon

Visit site
Anybody recommend a fly sheet which doesnt slip back and it sturdy mesh? Have had 3 fly rugs to date (Boett (too hot!), WB Softmesh (shredded!) and a Rambo full neck hoody (was good but got shredded also). I find a lot of them seem to slide back going tight across the chest if the mesh is too soft. I want one which is nice and loose fitting - any recommendations please? Must be tough though as horse can destroy rugs! And not too pricey in case of the last reason...!!

Cahill

Visit site
i have had a aeroborne one that i have had for a few years,it comes up like new when washed.
why are they shredded?i keep mine behind leccy fencing.they would get shredded on the hedgerows.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I dont really know how they get shredded - paddocks all have electric wire along the tops but he itches on anything (due to allergies but midgies dont help as he has ultra sensitive skin (not sweet itch)). He'll itch on gates etc.!!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
The Rambo Protector (not sweetitch hoody) is fairly sturdy mesh, doesn't go out of shape or pull back
smile.gif

lillie07

Visit site
Another vote for the Rambo Protector. Even my little mare hasnt managed to destroy hers yet (3 summers is a record!) Bailey also has one that stands up to him charging about/ rubbing & playing and doesnt make him overheat!

ETA The Rambo Flybuster Plus is also an amazing rug if you can still find one. Its PVC coated so super super tough but still a fab fit, doesnt rub or slip and they dont over heat in it
smile.gif
Hope Valley have 5'6"/ 6'9" & 7ft left at £25!!

Theresa_F

Visit site
I have two rambo protectors and they have been very good. Not slipped or rubbed and you can take the neck off. After three years, Chancer's has gone bald on top - probably due to him liking to rolls lots and the two clydes grooming him lots.

I have just forked out for the snuggy hoods spic and span as whilst the Rambos are excellent, I wanted more protection for sweet itch and these have udder and sheath covers too.

I have also got the equine premier one, again it fits well, but I am not so happy with the neck cover as it does rub slightly on the mane, but again is detachable.