Foal Friday - 2020

Visit site
Dum Dum has grown again but he is still very small and petite compared to most peoples day olds ... here's hoping he is a late bloomer like his mother! He has turned into a proper ballsy little man! He now pretty much puts his own headcollar on and leads the way in and out of the field. He has started to eat a little hard feed so he gets his own bucket with a handful of Youngstock mix and speedibeat. Pips is very good in eating her own dinner and leaving him to his. She will obviously hoover up what is left of his when she is finished but she is the first mare I have had that I don't have to stand by at feed time - the rest try and inhale the foals food then go back and eat their own.

Pips has always been a phenominal mover. Her son seems to be taking after her in that respect at least.

20200612_181656.jpg20200612_181642.jpg20200612_181634.jpg

Visit site
Tda is the black foal a pure bred dales? If so are they allowed to have that much white on them? I've only really ever seen the Kilmannan ones who are black through and through (except for one who had a small white coronry band)

Reactions: tda

tda

Visit site
Tda is the black foal a pure bred dales? If so are they allowed to have that much white on them? I've only really ever seen the Kilmannan ones who are black through and through (except for one who had a small white coronry band)
Yes she is pure bred, will be classed as a section b Dales, however she is going to be grey so in a few years you won't see the blaze ?

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
oh wow, that's amazing.
Yes you're right, she just loves whizzing and twirling around, that bit is well practiced ;)

If ' Whiz ' and ' Twirl ' ever get incorporated into a BD test you're a cert for Team GB .
And if it should also require a ' Ping , Double Bounce and Run Away Bravely ' then the gold medal is yours.

PSD

Visit site
MP Hera is just a joy to watch. She’s so happy and full of spirit - I imagine her just hyperactivly saying “mummy, look! I can spin this way and bounce and do zoomies and jump and spin.....weeeeeee” ?

Visit site
Yes she is pure bred, will be classed as a section b Dales, however she is going to be grey so in a few years you won't see the blaze ?

Your safe then in a few years time lol! As I say I have grown up with the Kilmanan Dales winning up here left right and centre then I saw a mare qualify for HOYS that had a white sock up to her fetlock behind and to me she just wasn't what I would look for in a Dales. She was a completely different creature to the Kilmanan ones. Though Billy Ireland's always seem to be longer of leg but thicker set on top than most.

tda

Visit site
Your safe then in a few years time lol! As I say I have grown up with the Kilmanan Dales winning up here left right and centre then I saw a mare qualify for HOYS that had a white sock up to her fetlock behind and to me she just wasn't what I would look for in a Dales. She was a completely different creature to the Kilmanan ones. Though Billy Ireland's always seem to be longer of leg but thicker set on top than most.
Permitted markings are a white star, a snip, white to the top of the fetlock joints on hind legs., anything more makes the pony registered as a section b, rather than section a.
Kilmannon ponies do very well x

Visit site
Permitted markings are a white star, a snip, white to the top of the fetlock joints on hind legs., anything more makes the pony registered as a section b, rather than section a.
Kilmannon ponies do very well x

When I had my fell pony out as a 6yo I took him to the Highland Show with Jerome Harforth judging. We knew Richard Telford would win on Kilmanan - I want to say Village Defender actually that long ago - the only way we could beat him was by throwing a spanner in the works. So I put Magnus Nicholson on board ??? the look of Richard and Jerome's faces was absolutely priceless! Sadly Magnus wrong legged it so finished 3rd. Very nearly got kicked out of the ring too as he took his hat off to accept his rosette which is obviously a massive no go in native classes.