Foal Monday

millikins

Visit site
Lovely foals, all of them. I've worked today so will try and remember a picture tomorrow. Our mare is doing a bit of long reining and a little hack and loving it, foal's getting used to the idea.
I'm stuck for youngstock livery, not many breeders in Surrey, I even went and asked at Michael Owen's stud which is close to me. They were impeccably polite but "didn't have enough grazing" :D . I don't have enough land myself to bring another in.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Lovely foals, all of them. I've worked today so will try and remember a picture tomorrow. Our mare is doing a bit of long reining and a little hack and loving it, foal's getting used to the idea.
I'm stuck for youngstock livery, not many breeders in Surrey, I even went and asked at Michael Owen's stud which is close to me. They were impeccably polite but "didn't have enough grazing" :D . I don't have enough land myself to bring another in.

My trainer is looking for a friend for her foal. Based North Hampshire. I know they would want for nothing. Experienced and lovely yard. I will PM you. x

Asha

Visit site

Ive seen a few people over the last week post that they are looking for youngstock livery etc. You should try posting a wanted advert on your local FB page, im sure something will pop up

Asha

Visit site
This is a straight leg! Hurrah! Has not changed for two trims now. I think we are there
View attachment 81148

Great result . That must be such a relief .

Dilly has settled in well , her and Amara are getting on brilliantly . Had a lovely greeting from them today, as They both cantered right over and Dilly gave me a little nuzzle .
Just lovely to see them play . I just need Asha to stop being a horror so she can go back in with them . She’s just a bit too protective of Amara . But hopefully another week and Asha and hopefully mum (Aria) can go back in with them ?
F23D8E7A-CE12-478E-8EE6-5F27473AB5E5.jpeg

millikins

Visit site
Griffin today doing a bit of leading. He was a little s*** :oops: Thought we were past the worst of the bitey stage. He's huge, my farrier breeds Welshies and says he's bigger than his D's that will make 14.2hh.

Abi90

Visit site
I don’t have any photos today as Ofsted rang to say they were coming on Wednesday so work was a bit frantic. I will get some soon

Asha

Visit site
Nowt exciting to add but Griffin on Sun 24th :)View attachment 81630

Hes so cute !

Abi90, hes turning into a real handsome chunk.

As my girls have now just about reached the 6 month milestone i decided to do the string test, has anyone else checked the potential heights of theirs ?
Amara is showing 17.1 ( trying to tell myself its just a guide, and its really temperament that matters), praying that next years foal is smaller.
Dilly is showing 16hds , which is a perfect height for us, so she may not be sold on !

millikins

Visit site
Thank you Asha. We must do the string test, we chose the smaller, less feisty of the two stallions the breeder had available as there's enough chunk and attitude from his mother. But he does seem big, although there's no height limit for Dales I think they look more typey if they stay roughly pony sized.

Abi90

Visit site
Hes so cute !

Abi90, hes turning into a real handsome chunk.

As my girls have now just about reached the 6 month milestone i decided to do the string test, has anyone else checked the potential heights of theirs ?
Amara is showing 17.1 ( trying to tell myself its just a guide, and its really temperament that matters), praying that next years foal is smaller.
Dilly is showing 16hds , which is a perfect height for us, so she may not be sold on !

He’s definitely inherited his Mum’s shoulders!

I need to string test him again but I’m scared to. Last time I did it, it said 16.2 but that was way too early

Asha

Visit site
Dilly ( aka Tank ) has settled in really well now . She loves her afternoon nap/ tea in bed . Her sire has definitely stamped his jump on her . She jumps over the puddles with ease as opposed to going through them. Amara think puddles are great , and plays in them.
the reintroduction of Aria and Amara has gone perfectly. Both happy to see each other but not overly attached . Pip and Aria tend to do there thing and the weanlings there’s . Pip has taken the lead mare/ nanny role on , and really seems to enjoy it . If one of the girls is on their own she trots over and brings them back together . I can’t believe just how sweet she’s been
D81CFE51-B6D6-4817-B363-6CF5450090CC.jpeg8AB97C28-ED9C-4C0A-B2C9-21B4B3A977EE.jpeg

Asha

Visit site
Thanks Abi90 .you’d think Pip was the mum of them both the way she fusses over them .

I bet Percy will have a great time playing with another colt . It’s great to watch them grow up with a friend . Hope it all goes smoothly ?

Annagain

Visit site
Dilly ( aka Tank ) has settled in really well now . She loves her afternoon nap/ tea in bed . Her sire has definitely stamped his jump on her . She jumps over the puddles with ease as opposed to going through them. Amara think puddles are great , and plays in them.
the reintroduction of Aria and Amara has gone perfectly. Both happy to see each other but not overly attached . Pip and Aria tend to do there thing and the weanlings there’s . Pip has taken the lead mare/ nanny role on , and really seems to enjoy it . If one of the girls is on their own she trots over and brings them back together . I can’t believe just how sweet she’s been
View attachment 82145View attachment 82146
Is Asha still being overprotective with Amara? Just wondering why she's not in with them too.

Asha

Visit site
Is Asha still being overprotective with Amara? Just wondering why she's not in with them too.

I tried Asha in with them just before i put Aria & Pip back in with them, and she was still chasing them all off, Its a bit weird, as she starts off for the first hour being ok. Then you can gradually see her push Amara away from the others. Once shes got her she wont let any others near. Amara tries to go back to Dilly but Asha wont let her. Ive been starting to get a little worried about her obsessive behaviour and been meaning to ask my vet if horses get a sort of dementia / senile etc
So Asha has been in a smaller field with Finn, where shes been watching whats going on. Ive noticed little Dilly goes and speaks to her and she seems to be coming around.

Annagain

Visit site
I tried Asha in with them just before i put Aria & Pip back in with them, and she was still chasing them all off, Its a bit weird, as she starts off for the first hour being ok. Then you can gradually see her push Amara away from the others. Once shes got her she wont let any others near. Amara tries to go back to Dilly but Asha wont let her. Ive been starting to get a little worried about her obsessive behaviour and been meaning to ask my vet if horses get a sort of dementia / senile etc
So Asha has been in a smaller field with Finn, where shes been watching whats going on. Ive noticed little Dilly goes and speaks to her and she seems to be coming around.

Fingers crossed she's just doing too good a job of being grandma then and she'll soon chill out a bit. I think my nan was a lot more 'warrior' with me and my sister than my my mum ever was. I remember her giving one of my friends a proper telling off when we argued once - mum would normally blame me and make me say sorry!

Asha

Visit site
Fingers crossed she's just doing too good a job of being grandma then and she'll soon chill out a bit. I think my nan was a lot more 'warrior' with me and my sister than my my mum ever was. I remember her giving one of my friends a proper telling off when we argued once - mum would normally blame me and make me say sorry!

Love that. My dad was the same with my kids. My kids could do no wrong !

shes definitely been more obsessed with Amara than she was with her own. Weve had other foals and while shes loved them shes never been like this. Its interesting isnt it, does she know /understand that shes her granddaughter ? I guess we should never underestimate them x