Foal Monday

Asha

Visit site
Try not to worry too much! I think everyone who has a foal experiences this same panic. I remember string testing Flower and it saying she was going to be around the 16hh mark, which was not what I wanted! She was also a big foal, and everyone commented on it, which did nothing to lessen my worry.

Turned out she just got most of her growing out of the way early on and is a little over 15hh at four, which is the same height she’s been for a long time. While she might gain some extra height, I don’t see her shooting up another hand between now and eight - I think we’ll get two inches tops. I know it can happen, but she had a great start and looks quite neat and finished.

I think often their mums just do a good job and it tricks you into thinking you’re going to have a monster horse on your hands, when in actual fact, most of them end up somewhere between their parents ??‍♀️

Thanks JJS, i dont think id have bothered too much. But everyone who has seen her has commented on how big she is. If no one had mentioned it i wouldnt have even noticed ! She actually reminds me of her Uncle Harry, who topped out a 16.2 which is fine. My husband told me to stop worrying its all about her temperament. Hes right, and we cant fault that.
How is flower, have you started backing her yet ?

Reactions: JJS

JJS

Visit site
Thanks JJS, i dont think id have bothered too much. But everyone who has seen her has commented on how big she is. If no one had mentioned it i wouldnt have even noticed ! She actually reminds me of her Uncle Harry, who topped out a 16.2 which is fine. My husband told me to stop worrying its all about her temperament. Hes right, and we cant fault that.
How is flower, have you started backing her yet ?

I think your husband hit the nail on the head! As long as they have the right temperament, the rest is neither here nor there really. That being said, I think we all have moments of panic at the thought of needing a parachute :p

We have! She went for breaking on the 1st and I had my first sit on her on Sunday!

Asha

Visit site
I think your husband hit the nail on the head! As long as they have the right temperament, the rest is neither here nor there really. That being said, I think we all have moments of panic at the thought of needing a parachute :p

We have! She went for breaking on the 1st and I had my first sit on her on Sunday!

Thats amazing ! Doesnt it feel fantastic . look forward to your updates x

Reactions: JJS

Abi90

Visit site
I like your thinking, Hence forth I will live in denial :D

Percy is also going to be 17.1 according to the string test… and he’s not yet 3 months. His mum is 16.1 and his dad 16.3 and he’s a first foal from Mum… I doubt he will be that big… but I probably will not measure him again ?

Abi90

Visit site
Had some great news today. Farrier came out. Initially he felt Percy still looked a tad wonky but after a trim he looked very straight so we just need to keep on top of that. He also thought his tendons still felt lax but they are the same in all legs so put it down to the restricted turnout sooo a week Wednesday he will be going out 24/7 in the 7 acre field!! Yay!!

I am pleased that Percy will be able to be a foal with friends. I’m pleased that Rosie will get the grass that she needs, he’s taken a lot from her. And I am pleased that I won’t have to muck out 2 horses in one stable, twice a day and spend my life’s savings on shavings!

Asha

Visit site
It must be a relief to get them both out enjoying the sun. He looks cracking ?

My husband was in charge of the camera today and took a video of Amara trotting in . First time he’s every volunteered to do that . Got a lovely still off it .
She’s 4months old today and is bold as brass. Not bothered where her mum is and is much more interested in Granny ?C98D124D-E2D6-4D00-8737-7E871FE82ED4.jpeg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Very smart Asha! she looks huge compared to Hera who is a year older o_O
Percy also looking super :D
My YO has a really lovely foal this year, so I'm getting borrowed foaly cuddles. Hope we will have another in a couple of years :D

Asha

Visit site
Very smart Asha! she looks huge compared to Hera who is a year older o_O
Percy also looking super :D
My YO has a really lovely foal this year, so I'm getting borrowed foaly cuddles. Hope we will have another in a couple of years :D

I think it’s the angle of the photo ? . She’s approx 13.3 at the minute . I’m hoping her growth slows down a bit , otherwise she’s on course to be a large girl . Which I never expected! I had it she would be the size of her grandma (15.2) got that wrong !! ?

Enjoy the foal cuddles , maybe post some photos ? Be nice to have a few more foals on here

Abi90

Visit site
Who are you planning as the sire ? (Hoping his name begins with A ☺️)

I would love to but I want her back in work for a few years and he’s getting on a bit… I’ve got plans for BS with her next year. I was thinking 3 years time as Percy is read to come into work. I really like Le Grande but he’s no spring chicken

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

My husband was in charge of the camera today and took a video of Amara trotting in . First time he’s every volunteered to do that . Got a lovely still off it .
She’s 4months old today and is bold as brass. Not bothered where her mum is and is much more interested in Granny ?View attachment 78668

She's sooooo beautiful Asha ?

Abi90

Visit site
So we had a tumultuous 72 hours. YO made a decision to move to Northumberland to be with her fiancé, absolutely the right decisions for her, but left us in a precarious position livery wise. Cue 48 hours of panicking and no sleep! Horses now have a new house and Percy is “out out” and I can sleep againF66EC18B-9C19-44C4-AA92-55177A2C5BF2.jpeg5043CB10-296B-4CEB-816E-FFC6D9125D3E.jpeg601FBCA7-F39B-44EE-98E9-33514EDA3747.jpeg

Attachments

• A468F56D-F6EE-4FB5-9FAA-0856815554F0.jpeg
    A468F56D-F6EE-4FB5-9FAA-0856815554F0.jpeg
    567.9 KB · Views: 16

suebou

Visit site

She’s 4months old today and is bold as brass. Not bothered where her mum is and is much more interested in Granny ?View attachment 78668
Oh, I LOVE her!

Asha

Visit site
Oh, I LOVE her!

Thank you . Shes not looking as fab today as her face is full of wormer:D. To be fair to her though, she let me give it to her in the field without a headcollar everyday for the past 5 days. Its just a bit smeared all over her fuzzy snozzle.

Glad Percy is enjoying his field Abi90. he certainly deserves it ( as does mum !)

[153312]

Visit site

Oh my god! I saw this foal on Facebook!
By Avanti amorous Archie?!?!
The owner of the sire posted a pic and she absolutely took my breath away then and still does now ??????