Fog stops Fun at Askham Bryan Horse Trials

teacups

Visit site
Super report shame about XC , I used to live near AB and one winter the fog lasted a week so can imagine what it was like. Will expect reports next year from you plus you will have to do some winter events to keep us entertained.

We were in York that day and the fog started to lift by 12.30, and it was a glorious sunny afternoon. If only they'd known...

Edited to add: forgot to say what a great report! Very funny, great writing.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
just fabulous **wiping copious amounts of spluttered tea from screen of laptop**
please do more as and when possible "The nail vanish of shame" ..love it

"Big Horse however reached in to the back of the truck to find my longest dressage whip and went in search of the organisers, wearing his grimmest expression." ..the mental image that made my day

Rosiefan

Visit site
What a day and good luck with getting Big Horse to believe you next time you go on a dressage outing. Interesting re the pooing, Stan does this before he goes out and in the lorry and when we arrive much to Rosie's disgust so we have to go everywhere armed with wet sponges.
By the way, you do realise you'll be in big trouble if you don't write lots more reports for us :)

Bills

Visit site
Brilliantly written! Really made me chuckle! Well done on the first 2 phases, shame the xc was cancelled but better be safe than sorry :)

claracanter

Visit site
Lovely report, very funny. I hope you can take Big Horse out over the winter so we can read some more. Love the fog light/horn debacle.

However, you do commit one of the sins of HHO'ers and make out your stressage is abysmal and then get a score in the twenties. God knows how you do that. When I think I do an absymal test, I do. I get 44.

Fun Times

Visit site
Well as everyone has been so super supportive I hereby vow to drag the Big Horse out over winter in order to produce more reports. And when I inform him at 6.30 am on a pitch dark freezing cold morning that I have woken him up in order that he can go to dressage I fully expect to be reporting to you that I am sporting a new horseshoe shaped brand on my derriere.
Claracanter, in response to your post it was more the warm up that was woeful this time. I felt like I was trying to steer a freight train around tescos. And I mean a tesco metro, not a proper big one. Then he goes into the arena, enters at A and flashes the judge a big cheesy grin. At C he blows her a kiss, turns left and winks over his shoulder. By the end of the test he has scored 362.5 for paces, submission and general sexiness and I get a minus 472 for riding like a div on the basis my arms fell off twenty minutes ago trying to go round tescos. Hey ho, better that way round I guess!

Fun Times

Visit site
Ha ha, good. It makes me feel like one of the popular kids at school. Or at least how I imagine those kids would have felt. Just before they took the pi88 out of my long socks. Sigh.

j1ffy

Visit site
Great report, I love your writing!! I hope the arms have recovered and look forward to your winter reports :D