Following on from the how much you paid for your horse(s) posts...

CastleMouse

Visit site
Do you think you paid the right amount for them, or do you think you paid too much or got a real bargain?
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
Most of the horses I have at the moment have cost me around the 2,500 mark. Yes I feel that with all of them I have paid the correct price.

I sell for well above market price, however whomever buys a horse from me, does so knowing that they WILL have a better than average horse; so they all seem happy to pay top dollar for them.
smile.gif

Jemayni

Visit site
Difficult. Sky has fantastic bloodlines and I only paid £1750 for him (7 years ago) But he is a right twit. So on some levels I paid too much.

I only paid 3750 for chance; Id want 6500 for him now; so whilst he wasnt a bargain, I definitly got more than I could have hoped for!

acandavale

Visit site
madhector- how long hav you had jerry? and who did u buy him from??

i think some of my horses have been over priced, but iv always thought they wer worth it for their potential. and obviosly you take risks when you buy potential as they dont always turn out as u expect, but i like risks, and we have always made a profit on all of them

Marbs

community.webshots.com
My last one was over priced really for what he was. I ended up asking the same amount for him when I sold him on even though he had come on a lot and done a lot more.

On potential, my first horse was bang on the money. She turned out to be an absoloute super star and was worth every penny and was worth a lot more when I sold her.

SummerStorm

Visit site
I think I paid too much for Silver for what he was when I bought him, but substantially less than he's worth now, looking at what he has become
smile.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Storm: I think I paid the right price for her

Missy: I think I got a bit of a bargain

Olympic: I think I got a very good deal with him

Irishcobs

Visit site
I think both of mine were bargins.
Hattie was £1,200 and have not put a foot wrong and is happily showing at county level, where a judge offered me a great deal more than I paid for her.
Gyp was £850 as a under weight, under muscled 4 yr old. Now he is worth a lot more than that.

monica987

Visit site
oakey was WAY overpriced and we were taken for mugs!

sparky was originaly advertised for 7,500, then dropped to 5,950 and we got him for 4,000 icluding tack and rugs so he was a bargain!!!!!!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I bought my lad 2 years ago & got his price reduced by 20% so I considered I got him at a good price. We liked him anyway & I would have actually paid the full asking price if we'd had to. He's far more well trained now in all fields & so if he was ever put up for sale I would look to virtually treble my money. He's family though now & not for sale.
smile.gif

Boodle

Visit site
Trixie: 250... absolutel bargain tho was older than what we were told, 8 years on i dont regret a penny of her.

Shadow - 400 ex BSJA pony, Ok a little older than advertised but probably the biggest bargain we couldve ever hoped for.

Boo - 950 - Has alot of problems, but still worth alot more!

Joey - rescue case.. worth a million pounds!

Rocco - 950 quid for a TB by accondy.. he was unbroken but he is worth ALOT more now and was a definite bargain.

helenandshadow

Visit site
Shadow was £300 as an 8 month old foal 10 years ago and she has been worth every penny!
Our 13hh 7yo NF was £900 and I think we paid about the right price for her, although we're hoping to make a bit of money on her.
We paid £200 for an 11hh 2yo of unknown breeding (thought to be welsh/NF/shetland), £800 for a 13hh 7yo welshie and we had a 12.1hh 18yo welsh A on loan and the owners then gave her to us. All of them have been well worth what we paid for them.

buzzles

Visit site
Mine were all bargains as I think I paid way too little for them esp considering what I've been offered for them and all worth it! Only one I think I paid full price for was the connemara when he was a foal. When I was looking for my last horse people laughed at my budget and said I would need to at least double it if I wanted something good but the mare I found is really nice and has lots of potential and I was really surprised at how cheap she was, especially as she has super jump but I think a good home was more important to the people selling her. If you spend time looking and have a good eye for a horse there are bargains out there, I think I've been lucky with my lot so far.

Tempi

Visit site
Bloss was priced correctly (i paid £2.5k for her). Shes worth around £5k as a school mistress now, but no more due to her age.

Archie wasnt worth b*gger all when i got him as he was bl00dy difficult. He is worth more than what i paid for him now, and like i wrote in the previous post, he'l be worth even more when he gets over his temper tantrums and starts growing up a bit and is competing at a higher level.

tigers_eye

Visit site
We paid market value for F, but that was because people in Belgium didn't realise that "failed" sjers (ie. prob not going past the 140 mark) could make eventers. He was Advanced in a year. He cost £4000, would have been a lot more in the UK. Deco cost me £3500, two years later was qualified for the British Intermedaite and Open championships, now in foal to Mill Law. William is homebred, don't intend to work out how much he's cost so far! Liberty was cheap. So happy with my lot. Think one my parents did pay over the odds for was a 14.2, she should really have been a show pony, we spent £3500 on her as a 4yo I think, and she never really won much, but did teach me not to fall off when she stopped! We sold her 4 years later for about the same money.

Chex

Visit site
At first, I thought he was overpriced, but given that we've had 9 years of fun and rosettes, I now think he was an absolute bargain, but then he is worth his weight in gold to me!

claireross

ccjack.co.uk
Cracker was a bargain as a 3 1/2 yr old. Half the price of what dealers were asking for just broken un-schooled horses.

He is now worth probably 3 times what I paid for him, but I wouldn't sell him for any amount of money.

My daughters pony was 800, for a 12hh 8yr old pony with attitude. In the right hands she is worth more as she could do pretty much all pony club stuff, but she's not a first pony and therefore not worth silly money as a mother's dream.

So all in all I think she was about the right price.

Breezesbenefactor

Visit site
£2K for a 16 yo school horse - bargain. Got her own personality, but just the right horse for me - bit stubborn at times though...anyone else would have paid half that. Ironically if the YO had asked for more I'd have paid it, I just had to have her.

druid

Visit site
Sparks - free, bargain
Bob - free, not such a bargain with his med. issues
Oscar - would have been happy to pay a bit more but a fair price I think

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
We paid waaaay too much for rock considering the state he was in physically, the fact he failed the vetting on 5things and the fact he was rising four and had done nothing - but i fell in love with him and just couldnt leave without him - and its been the best thing i've ever done...more luck than judgement though!