For Fun, Your Kur Music

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Musings in the shower 🚿

So you have your beautiful dressage horse with movement to die for. And of course you can ride like an angel...

What music do you use for the Kur?

Mine would be Karl Jenkins Palladio 1. Allegro or Aram Kachaturion Masquerade Waltz.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Imagining all those things is a bit of a stretch 😂
For me I like things that suit the horse's character, that makes the whole thing extra special and doesn't have to be music I really like then. So it's a bit hard to imagine for a theoretical horse. Kira has an instrumental Dr Dre track which I wouldn't ever have picked myself but I just love it 😂

Interested to hear everyone else's choices tho 😉

Britestar

Visit site
For me I like things that suit the horse's character, that makes the whole thing extra special and doesn't have to be music I really like then. So it's a bit hard to imagine for a theoretical horse. Kira has an instrumental Dr Dre track which I wouldn't ever have picked myself but I just love it 😂

This.

Auslander

Visit site

I've got music worked out for Alf, although he'll never use it now. It includes an instrumental version of the Wurzels Combine Harvester Song - which amuses me no end, because of his carthorse ancestry! Fits his canter pefectly!

oldie48

Visit site
I had music for Bisto, unfortunately never used in a competition. Albioni oboe concerto in D min for the trot, Vivaldi concerto for mandolin in C maj and some Mozart violin for the walk. I'd happily use the floorplan and music for Rose but all of the pieces are completely wrong for her. Having sat for a couple of evenings just playing stuff whilst watching a video the best match I got for her trot was "Tainted love" by Soft Cell, not exactly what I had in mind!

Denbob

Visit site
I actually have a Spotify playlist devoted to this very question, how sad is that?! I'm a long way off actually trying to get a serious one together but might go and do a walk/trot one this summer for a laugh! All of mine seem to be quite pop-culture themed... I like Lord of The Rings a lot, I think there are enough recognisable motifs that you could fit all three paces quite well. Plus D reminds me a bit of Samwise Gamgee, loyal, friendly and a wee bit tubby ;)

My most recent (very basic!) was Pirates of the Carribbean - it was thrown together in a rush so transitions aren't perfect but it made me really smile so I'd love to go back and give that a proper go with more time.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hollychops

Visit site
I always said my mares song was 'Man, I feel like a woman' by Shania Twain. Never got to get into the ring to that tune unfortunately :(

abbijay

Visit site
I have loved doing music routines and generally change it up for virtually every outing. For me I have to pick music I love but ideally that says something about me and my big best friend. My go to canter music is The Courteeners, Take over the world. It fits his stride perfectly and I've devised it so that I launch into medium canter as the lyrics belt out "I think it's time for me and you-oo-oo to take over the world."
I do play around with all sorts of genres but all my music is based around trying to raise a smile rather than impress and hopefullly something the judge or crowd won't have seen before.
I've got some more ideas for this year if I can just get the silly sod sound!

Mosh

Visit site
I've got a grumpy Welsh that likes to go fast as she can so I'd probably have something like:

Bat out of hell
Don't worry, be happy
Don't stop me now
Fast car.

They make me smile, they wouldn't make my mare smile though which would amuse me more. Her name is Angel so quite apt I think!