French Rescue rears again

JosieB

Visit site
Saw today some girl asking for donations to “rescue “ two infoal Haflinger mares from France. Pay for them.. pay for transport and she’ll have them. Anyone else seen a horse in France they’d like? Just say they’re off to Italy and people will get them delivered. Of course you can sell them or whatever once you have them. Get looking at those frenchies folks

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Yup the last one that got shared from them was a merens- I suggested it would be rehomed in France if it was everything they said.
They obviously have regular deals going on with said meat man in the name of ‘rescue’

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'm not up to date on the latest, but as there was some concern about movement of horses between UK and EU post brexit I wonder if it will get harder for these Franch horses to come into the country in a few months... :rolleyes3: would be an unlikely silver lining.

JosieB

Visit site
What gets my goat aswell ( that’s another thing I could go find for). Is both infoal so travelling not great. What health checks done? What experience does this person have with foaling etc, do they have the funds if something goes wrong (obviously not). What happens to the mares and future foals? There’s no back up. That’s regardless of my belief there’s no way these would end up Italy. They could find homes in France for sure. I’ve been suckered in past it’s all a con by French to sell their horse

Visit site
What gets my goat aswell ( that’s another thing I could go find for). Is both infoal so travelling not great. What health checks done? What experience does this person have with foaling etc, do they have the funds if something goes wrong (obviously not). What happens to the mares and future foals? There’s no back up. That’s regardless of my belief there’s no way these would end up Italy. They could find homes in France for sure. I’ve been suckered in past it’s all a con by French to sell their horse

Yes, as you say the worrying thing is if they need crowd funding just to buy them how will they afford vets fees? particularly for an in foal horse because that's potentially two lots of vet bills!? (one for mare one for foal). or four lots if it's two mares ect.

SEL

Visit site
When I tracked back my mare's history she was born to a 'rescue' from the meat man in France. Came over here in foal with my girl and her full brother at foot. Cost a huge amount for the lady to rescue them and then the mare had a retained placenta giving birth to my girl and cost them a fortune to try and save her - they sadly failed.

I've seen the photos and its hard to tell whether they were genuine rescues or not. Definitely not rescues in terms of skinny, over grown feet, abandoned etc - but yes, probably destined for the meat market. I don't eat horse, but if they had been from a herd of cows then I would have said they were in good enough condition for an animal destined for meat.

To be fair though the lady paid for it all herself, no crowd funding or calling on friends to help out.

Finlib

Visit site
Drives me nuts.I have a 'friend's on Facebook who bombards me with French horse rescue as well as egyptian rescue cats and eastern European rescue dogs .I can't block as a neighbour and may need to contact in an emergency so just elect to see nothing on her timeline .As if there aren't enough dogs cats and horses over here that are in UK rescues and could be rehomed.

miss_c

Visit site
Semi-unrelated...

You can tell if a forum member was active on the forum at a certain time by them referring to it as Franch rescue instead of French rescue!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Semi-unrelated...

You can tell if a forum member was active on the forum at a certain time by them referring to it as Franch rescue instead of French rescue!

LOL is that no longer a banned word! Ha ha don't say it 3x (like Beetlejuice) or the fatcontroller appears!

Rollin

Visit site
Things are a bit different now but they may not know. A vet will have to sign the paperwork, then they will have to hot foot to the nearest Ministry of Agriculture office, this being FRANCH they will need a whole morning to get all the papers signed and speak good Franch or take a translator. They need to be on the boat toot sweet, if they miss the window all the paperwork has to be done again - good luck with that.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Can’t resist!
41913600_10157757457769377_288074825321152512_o.jpg