Funniest Riding School pony names...

charlie76

Visit site
We had Boots as well as Sox
We also had a Tosca and then another one turned up with the same name so we called her Ascot( Tosca back to front).
At Xmas we got four new ones- they are called Sparkle, Tinsel, Frosty and Rudolph!

Flicker

Visit site
no-name: we actually got new people coming and asking if they could name him! but "no-name" was his actual name.

Isn't there a song about riding through the desert on a horse with no name??

This is a great thread - I'm really starting to reminisce about all the RS ponies I've either ridden or been flung from as a child :D

I don't know if it is the same with the rest of you, but wasn't it the pony that was the naughtiest and buckiest and had the most kids off that EVERYONE wanted to ride??? Because that one was the most fun!

Toffee44

Visit site
Giggles! Brilliant pony once came off 4 times in one hack!

I ride a horse called titch who is a 18.1hh ID

I know of:

Pom she resembles a Pom Pom in winter
Squirt young filly who squirts a lot.
Manny
Bass
Bob!

Nudibranch

Visit site
My first riding school named them all after drinks, which was fine except for the owner's mare who was known as BV (shortened from Black Velvet). OH reliably confirms this is also an abbreviation of an unpleasant infection...

Someone on here posted some really gorgous pics a while ago of a naughty little shettie called TonyPony, I can't remember who it was though. I thought that was a fab name and I'm determined to steal it next time I buy a companion :)

leah_x

Visit site
We have too many funny names at the sanctuary which I work at;
Christmas has a friend called Cracker.
Laurel has a friend called Hardy.
Smirnoff
Drambuie
Angel (not a funny name, but when you know her you realise it is totally wrong for her!)
Mr Raffles
Bucket
Mini-haha
Cottage

I could be here forever naming the funny ones.. I just don't know who came up with them...I mean Bucket? Lovely! haha :p

Elbie

Visit site
Horses I've known:

Tarquin
Victoria
Patsy

Used to work at a riding school that had a Minty and a Misty...not hilarious names but used to really confuse our clients.
My favourite horse was called Simon

DaisyDoll

Visit site
I learnt to ride on the aptly named Chubby! There was also Nemo (a big black warmblood) Rolo who actually looked like a rolo, Declan, Mickey (evil), Tinkerbell, Dolly, Robbie, Tommy Childflinger as mentioned above and Danny

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Not sure if I should post this, when I first started learning to ride, decades ago, the riding school had two little black shetlands called S ambo and Ni **er:eek: Don't think they would get away with it now.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
From the 80's :D

Wurzel (little blighter, 13h and would tank off with instructors)
Winnipeg
Tarby
Trigger
Dusty Bin
Strawberry (anyone guess HIS colour? :D )

tonitot

Visit site
First pony I rode was called Roly :) we had a Whitney, Bubbles (who was about 17hh) Rasta .. My mums friend had a thoroughbred mare called Gumby .. And my girl is called Ethel :eek:

At work we have ..
Clifford
kevin
perry
roger
Ashley
boris
Bernard
bernadette (looks just like Bernard but is a filly)
and loads of others .. They all have their nicknames :)