Funny things people have said about your dog/s

sonjafoers

Visit site
I've just been recounting these comments to a friend and laughing so I thought I'd share them.

1. Already having 2 rottweilers we got a EBT puppy, when she was about 10 weeks old (so tiny) she was out in the garden with the 2 rotties and my neighbour popped his head over and said "oh a new puppy, is she the same breed?" She's brindle!

2. Whilst walking my EBT recently a lady passed me and asked what breed she was so I told her. Her reply was " I thought she was a pointer because she's got a pointy nose". I didn't really know what to say to that!

What funny comments have been made about your dogs?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Twice now while walking through our village someone has asked if Pip(Lancashire Heeler) is Darcy & Diesels(Dobermanns) puppy, well she thinks she is a Dobermann and is still waiting to grow. Apart from being the same colour she is nothing like them to look at.

sonjafoers

Visit site
Aren't people funny! Our YO had a Lancashire Heeler called Titch, we were all terrified of him because he was so aggressive to anyone and anything that got near him. One day he got out of his garden and was roaming about the lane into the village - he basically blocked the access to the village because noone could get near him and even when we phoned the YO to come and get him he put gloves on to grab him! I'm sure they aren't all like that but we used to laugh at how small he was and how he ruled the roost. You don't see many of them and he was such a bad ambassador for the breed.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Aren't people funny! Our YO had a Lancashire Heeler called Titch, we were all terrified of him because he was so aggressive to anyone and anything that got near him. One day he got out of his garden and was roaming about the lane into the village - he basically blocked the access to the village because noone could get near him and even when we phoned the YO to come and get him he put gloves on to grab him! I'm sure they aren't all like that but we used to laugh at how small he was and how he ruled the roost. You don't see many of them and he was such a bad ambassador for the breed.

No, the breeders on the Lancashire Heeler group would go mad about that, Im on my 3rd one and they are a fantastic breed, they are a good watch dog who will alert you to strangers but Ive never known them as fierce as that. When we bought our first 2 in the late eighties we were advised to go for the Norfolk bloodline as they were kinder, the Lancashire line was quite fierce and were known for biting first and asking questions after, maybe thats the bloodline your YO had.

{97702}

Visit site
I've just been recounting these comments to a friend and laughing so I thought I'd share them.

1. Already having 2 rottweilers we got a EBT puppy, when she was about 10 weeks old (so tiny) she was out in the garden with the 2 rotties and my neighbour popped his head over and said "oh a new puppy, is she the same breed?" She's brindle!

2. Whilst walking my EBT recently a lady passed me and asked what breed she was so I told her. Her reply was " I thought she was a pointer because she's got a pointy nose". I didn't really know what to say to that!

What funny comments have been made about your dogs?

Please can we have pictures of your EBT? I love them :) :) :)

I only ever get the same comments - "oh, you have your hands full there" (so I deliberately trained them so they all walk in perfect unison with me holding their leads in one hand :p ) and "are they all yours?" (nope, I randomly go around stealing other people's greyhounds and taking them for a walk) :)

Equi

Visit site
Not really funny, but i am always asked "is that one of them pitbull dogs"

I have a very small feminine staffy. My cat is larger than her!

sonjafoers

Visit site
Yes maybe because he was unbelievably aggressive to people and livestock, they used him for cattle herding and he was as hard as nails but no one could get near him including his owner. He would snarl and snap and our YO used to put gloves on and pick him up by the back of his neck and even then he could get his head around to bite him. I'd be very interested to meet another one and see what they're really like.

Even though I never got that close I wouldn't mistake him for a dobie puppy!

sonjafoers

Visit site
Here she is Levrier, I think she's beautiful but my husband thinks she's the ugliest dog ever! Not quite sure how my neighbour thought she was the same breed as the boys though as you can see. Sadly they are both gone now but I love the photo.

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/sfoers/media/S6000917_zpsfpnlgbn1.jpg.html

I wish I could train ours to walk in perfect unison, you are obviously very talented!

{97702}

Visit site
Here she is Levrier, I think she's beautiful but my husband thinks she's the ugliest dog ever! Not quite sure how my neighbour thought she was the same breed as the boys though as you can see. Sadly they are both gone now but I love the photo.

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/sfoers/media/S6000917_zpsfpnlgbn1.jpg.html

I wish I could train ours to walk in perfect unison, you are obviously very talented!

Oh she is absolutely gorgeous :) :) One day I have promised myself I will have an EBT.... and of course she is so similar to your boys :D

Sadly I'm not talented, greyhounds are really easy to walk on a lead lol :)

deb_l222

Visit site
Poor Button (stood up) always gets mistaken for a Dalmatian at first glance. Granted, she is quite long and leggy but she is a fully fledged English springer honestly.

FAFA7C96-CE25-482E-A028-77D8AFBA1701.jpg

bertin12

Visit site
So it's not something that someone said about my dogs, but when someone was telling me about their two spaniels they said 'it's amazing, now they're on a diet & they can't each whatever they like, they seem more hungry!'

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Someone once told me that Bear was a smooth haired border collie!
20140406_1910382_zpsqn1vtebe.jpg

I get a lot of 'You must have a job with those three' or 'Wow, springers are mad', generally as they are retrieving a dummy to hand or are gambolling nicely at my feet. Yeah, crazy, look at the madness! :rolleyes3:

Scarlett

Visit site
cinnamontoast - i have a springer x boxer, everyone comments on how nuts he must be yet every morning i have to wake him up and drag him out the house to pee before i leave for work. he's getting more and more springer like as he gets older which is no bad thing.

Bellasophia

Visit site
My standard poodles were always commented by little italian girls on as "Barbie dogs"..I went online and saw that Barbie,the doll, has a white standard called Crystal.
Many people asked if my apricot was an afghan hound..
..the brown girl was always assumed to be a male because she was dark and the apricot was the pretty one..

Smitty

Visit site
I googled patterdale x Lakeland the other day to compare how handsome my chap is against photos of others and discovered I have a designer breed. Yup, I have a patterland!! This sounds to me like a cheap furniture shop.

Roll on a couple of days when my designer pooch was running rings around a spaniel type dog. His owners were much impressed by my lad's speed and asked if he was a chiauwawah ... Well, he is brown ... I pondered on using the patterland label for the first time, but instead just said terrier.

Alec Swan

Visit site
I once took a broken coated Deerhound/Greyhound to a vet, and he asked me if she was a pure bred Greyhound! "Er no" was the best that I could manage at the time, but I still wonder to this day what he was thinking! :D

Alec.

Smitty

Visit site
I once took a broken coated Deerhound/Greyhound to a vet, and he asked me if she was a pure bred Greyhound! "Er no" was the best that I could manage at the time, but I still wonder to this day what he was thinking! :D

Alec.

Just reminded me of when I took my muddy cavalier fresh from a walk for his jabs. I apologised for the state of him and she said not to worry, as he was a 'working' dog it couldn't be helped!?? Mind you, from memory he did once kill a mouse.

paisley

Visit site
Took the whippet up Thorpe Cloud in Dovedale, with him wearing his padded harness as he doesnt pull in it. He must have looked quite keen/alert as someone asked if it was a ' search and rescue dog? '! I told them 'Not unless there's a sofa in distress somewhere'

moppett

Visit site
one of my hounds is always getting comments....for looking like a goat! I don't see it somehow. (sorry for the awful photos, taken this week on a wet dog walk)
trNbgq.jpg

SZUbUj.jpg

nianya

Visit site
I had a Siberian Husky who was incredibly typical for the racing stock. Long legged, lean his entire life, but he was a black & white with blue eyes.

Despite this I frequently got asked "Is he part coyote?"

The only way he looked vaguely coyote-ish was in his leaness...

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Apparently mine can't be Siberian huskies because they don't have blue eyes. One certainly can't be because he's white with spots. I'm frequently asked if they are littermates. And the new spangle doesn't fit the image at all. :p

wjgupu.jpg

NellRosk

Visit site
I'm CONSTANTLY asked if my dog is a 'miniature boxer'?! She is a pug x JR, has boxer colourings and a slightly squashed face so I do kind of see where they're coming from but as far as I'm aware that variety of boxer doesn't actually exist :D

NellRosk

Visit site
Took the whippet up Thorpe Cloud in Dovedale, with him wearing his padded harness as he doesnt pull in it. He must have looked quite keen/alert as someone asked if it was a ' search and rescue dog? '! I told them 'Not unless there's a sofa in distress somewhere'

That's hilarious :D :D